Premier League 2019-20

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paulie Gualtieri

R.I.P. Tony Sirico
May 18, 2016
I was rather impressed with what Lampard has done with Derby. Especially considering it's his first ever coaching job. The sample size is still very small, but I don't think he'll do too bad at Chelsea. Expectations aren't too high and he should be able to take back control in the locker room from the players if you ask me.

And if things don't go as planned I'd expect him to politely step down without hesitation. Wouldn't want to taint his club legacy.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
I don't think Pulisic's position is the reason Chelsea misses top 4. They barely made it with Hazard.

Reactions: YNWA14

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
I don't think it is a given Spurs will end up top 4 if Eriksen and Alderweireld ends up leaving. Possibly the two most important players in Spurs' build up play, but with N'Dombele in and I am assuming at least Lo Celso if CE leaves then they have at least done something to replace what they have lost (also probably strengthened longer term). In other words, I think 3 out of the top 4 should be City, Liverpool and Spurs (any team might just get lost though).

As for 4th I agree that Chelsea without Hazard shouldn't normally make it. But so far I am almost shocked at how little Utd and Arsenal have done. It isn't exactly given that either of those teams will just overtake Chelsea. Close to a three way coin toss for me at the moment. Whoever gets some momentum going....

Reactions: robertmac43

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
As for 4th I agree that Chelsea without Hazard shouldn't normally make it. But so far I am almost shocked at how little Utd and Arsenal have done. It isn't exactly given that either of those teams will just overtake Chelsea. Close to a three way coin toss for me at the moment. Whoever gets some momentum going....

I think we will have an other battle for fifth where all the teams outside of Pool and City fight it out for Europa league football. First to lose to New Castle and draw Brighton in back to back weeks is the winner.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Liverpool's First Preseason game is in an hour. Some interesting names.

Confirmed Liverpool teams for each half against Tranmere

First-half team: Mignolet, Clyne, Phillips, Gomez, Larouci, Milner, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Lallana, Kent, Wilson, Brewster.

Second-half team:
Jaros, Hoever, Matip, Johnston, Lewis, Fabinho, Jones, Woodburn, Duncan, Glatzel, Origi.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Peter Crouch announced his retirement from the Prem today. Another legend of the English game moving on....

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Best moment has to be from the 2010 world Cup when he scored and did the most awkward robot-dance celebration of all time!

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
@AB13 I'm curious. What is your opinion of Ndombele?

Great player, sadly he is brilliant. Not sure if he is better than Torriera though but still a top 10 midfielder in the Prem most likely. He will hate playing infront of a very low crowd full of bandwagons, he is too good for that.

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
"Not sure if he is better than Torriera"

Man this guy never stops. Quality stuff.

Torriera is one of the best midfielders in the League and I think almost everyone can agree on that. Please dont overexagerrate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad