Premier League 2019-20

Status
Not open for further replies.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Arsenal will finish 7th. Quote me on it

i'm reserving those predictions until after the window. With the Chelsea ban, possible Spur exits, and question-marks around Man U; I honestly still think we have some hope of pushing for fourth.

I'm not going to get my hopes up but it could happen.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
Excited to see what the young Villa mids can do in the PL. Grealish was heavily targeted in the Championship, he should have more chance to show his skills here without having to worry about his legs being broken.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Jack Grealish will definitely not be safe from abuse now that he is outside of the Championship. He is just going to be suffocated by better defense not in quicker succession.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Wolves have no chance because now that they are in the top flight they are in danger of the wrath of the PL's own financial rules. They will not be able to invest on any level that would allow them to come near the top six because they don't bring in enough money.

Reactions: robertmac43

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
You sure? Palace, Burnley, and a few others won't mind a bit of a kick about.

Sure, but it’s not the same level as the Championship in terms of sliding through tackles to hurt. It’s absurd.

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
Obviously Grealish will be kicked in the PL as well, but if you think it will be as bad as the Championship - then you are not watching Championship games. The Championship has also developed with better pitches and more foreign players, but it is still a lot more old school English football than the PL.

"Unfortunately" I think Grealish will be excellent in the PL. Really wish Spurs had bought him last year. Very impressed by him this spring. If he can keep that going he will be among the better midfield players in the PL already next year. At the same time I would love it if Villa could once again establish themselves in the PL. They are a proper and fairly big team that should with time be able to once again establish themselves as a top 10 team in England. No disrespect to Burnley, Bournemouth etc. Great that "smaller" teams can be competitive even in the PL by making good decisions year after year, but the competition is more interesting if teams like Villa, Everton, Newcastle and maybe with time Leeds etc. can reach their "full potential".

The PL went from the top 4 to now have become top 6. I don't think it will be extended to a proper top 8 or 10 without any more winners of the oil money lottery, but who knows what a properly ran Villa, Everton etc. can accomplish. It took Spurs almost 20 years to take that step - others can obviously follow as well (even if they don't have the benefit of London).

Burner Account

Feb 14, 2008
Have you ever been across the pond for a game?
I have not. Went to Barcelona, Amsterdam, Munich last time across and none of the big clubs had home fixtures during our stays. This year I'm going to London, Amsterdam, Paris. If Liverpool is home while I'm in London, I'm taking a day trip. If not, I should still be able to find a game in London at the very least.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
I should still be able to find a game in London at the very least

Oh for sure! If you are not picky with it being the Prem then you will easily find something. When I was in London in November I saw 4 games in 5 days across many different leagues. Most of the tickets for the lower league teams I found on the team websites on the same day of the game which was nice.

Burner Account

Feb 14, 2008
Oh for sure! If you are not picky with it being the Prem then you will easily find something. When I was in London in November I saw 4 games in 5 days across many different leagues. Most of the tickets for the lower league teams I found on the team websites on the same day of the game which was nice.
For sure. Prem, Championship, whatever – I want to see a game. Good to know the lower league tickets are easier to get.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
For sure. Prem, Championship, whatever – I want to see a game. Good to know the lower league tickets are easier to get.

There are some cheap gems out there. I highly recommend going to a Leyton Orient game; cheap, nice ground, welcoming fans, and they just got back into the Football League after briefly being out of it.

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
Wolves have no chance because now that they are in the top flight they are in danger of the wrath of the PL's own financial rules. They will not be able to invest on any level that would allow them to come near the top six because they don't bring in enough money.

They have no chance at 6th? They were 7th last year.

Reactions: Cassano
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad