Premier League 2019-20

Status
Not open for further replies.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Not to get on your case but I suggest if anyone links to The Athletic that they provide a summary on the article? Since it requires membership to read the full thing.

True that. I always forget there is a pay barrier. Basically goes into the incident more in depth and then tells some stories about other footballers that had similar fates.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Firmino is such a special player...rewatching the second half and thinking of the first half, and the difference in how the team looked. He just makes the players around him better.

That said, nice for Mane...ends up bagging 2 goals in his first full game picking right up where he left off last season. I wonder if he could break 30 this season if he stays healthy.

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
I disagree. When a referee wrongly call a game changing decision it is NOT an Excellent refered game.

That one decision is a bit random.

I don't blame the ref for giving it in the first place. Without VAR we would have said "honest mistake". I however blame VAR for not correcting it.

Then again I now I'm in a minority when it comes to these kind of things. A forward can be completely crap for 93 mins for then to score the winner in the 94th - and people will say "he delivered when it mattered". Not really how the world works.

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
Definitely not.

To me the EL isn't even a major trophy. It is like having a cup tournament in England without the top 10 PL teams. What exactly are you "winning"?

The super cup is one notch above charity shield for PL teams.

Prntscrn

Sep 29, 2011
Sweden
Is the Supercup a major trophy?

In my opinion no. But I guess it fits the media who promotes the game to make it something more by playing of the Liverpool/United rivalry.

Imo the only major trophies are Champions League, Premier League and possibly the FA Cup.

Reactions: Havre

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
In my opinion no. But I guess it fits the media who promotes the game to make it something more by playing of the Liverpool/United rivalry.

Imo the only major trophies are Champions League, Premier League and possibly the FA Cup.
The Europa league is also a major trophy. I would be fine with 'only' counting those 4 as the highest honors (which would have United ahead 36 to 34 I believe).

East Coast Bias

Feb 28, 2014
NYC
With Daniel James debut goal vs Chelsea, he has now equaled Lukaku in career goals vs the top 6 at 1. One. ONE.

Edit: While playing for United*

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->