Premier League 2019-20

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
Xhaka is inconsistent but a lot better than Sissoko and Winks. Sissoko and Winks would not get into any other top half team

Why would you take Xhaka over Sissoko or winks? Cuz he hits a 40 yard banger once every 15 games?

Paulie Gualtieri

R.I.P. Tony Sirico
May 18, 2016
I have no shame in admitting that I do rate Arsenal's academy higher.

But I don't see how Maitland-Niles is such a big deal. I'd take KWP over him (sadly he seems to be in Poch's doghouse).

Only Troy Parrott and Onomah are mentioned on any prospect lists.

If Onomah is on the list you must be reading some old prospect lists.

phisherman

Apr 17, 2015

But I don't see how Maitland-Niles is such a big deal. I'd take KWP over him (sadly he seems to be in Poch's doghouse).

Again. Maitland Niles isn't a fullback. He's played there but he's best suited at centre mid.

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
No, but it helps the first team much more.
We'll be serious and not imagine Maitland Niles and Iwobi are better quality than Kyle Walker Peters, and especially Danny Rose.

So we're left with Maitland Niles, Bellerin (at 16 IIRC) and Iwobi vs Kane, Winks, Walker-Peters and Rose.
I don't think there's a contest here TBH.

Here are some more recent Arsenal youth academy graduates: Jack Wilshere, Reiss Nelson, Joe Willock, Serge Gnabry, Wojciech Szczesny, Francis Coquelin, Johan Djourou, Dwight Gayle, Kristoffer Olsson, Sebastian Larsson, Eddie Nketiah, Bukayo Saka, Emile Smith Rowe and Gedion Zelalem. Sure, all of them don’t play for us, but we have still produced a lot more talent than Spurs who only have produced the guys you mentioned and Oliver Skipp

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
Why would you take Xhaka over Sissoko or winks? Cuz he hits a 40 yard banger once every 15 games?

Because his passing range is exceptional, his vision is a lot better than both, he is amazing at starting attack with one touch passes, his defensive game is stronger and he works a lot harder than Winks. Put up a poll or something, I am sure anyone would prefer Xhaka

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
Sissoko was arguably our player of the season mate.

Xhaka was nominated for ours, he was really good this season, our best player many games. It was sadly overshadowed by clumsy, stupid mistakes. None of them are good enough to start for a top 6 side, but I would take Xhaka over Sissoko who has the footballing brain of a dead horse any day

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
Winks is heading towards the path of Wilshere.

And every single prospect list so far has multiple Arsenal youth players. Only Troy Parrott and Onomah are mentioned on any prospect lists.

We'll see how many will make the first team and the impact they have but I would take Arsenal's prospects right now over Tottenham's.

I think youth academies should be ranked by how many players they produce at a pro level regardless if it's for their first team or not.

Winks what? Who knows what he ends up like, but the fact that he was “rushed” back to play the CL final says a lot about what people at Spurs think about him. And hardly a single Spursfan are looking for the club to find a player replacing Winks this summer. As for injuries. Who knows. Not similar to Wilshere yet. Different injuries and not one really bad one that keeps on returning.

Sure. I remember Carlos Vela, Frimpong etc. who cares about these lists? Kane was never seen close to the top of those lists. Neither Winks.

phisherman

Apr 17, 2015
Winks what? Who knows what he ends up like, but the fact that he was “rushed” back to play the CL final says a lot about what people at Spurs think about him. And hardly a single Spursfan are looking for the club to find a player replacing Winks this summer. As for injuries. Who knows. Not similar to Wilshere yet. Different injuries and not one really bad one that keeps on returning.

Sure. I remember Carlos Vela, Frimpong etc. who cares about these lists? Kane was never seen close to the top of those lists. Neither Winks.

Kind of what I'm referring to. Talented but injuries may derail him.

AB13

Apr 29, 2019

Please, Kyle Walker Peters is not close to Ainsley, even as a fullback. Ainsley has been dominant as a central midfielder and won the MOTM against United and Chelsea while playing out of position. There is nothing Walker Peters does as good as Ainsley, nothing at all, not a single detail of the game.

AB13

Apr 29, 2019

Kane is the only great youth product Sp*rs have produced since Ledley King. Winks is not good at all and would not even get on to Arsenals bench.

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
If only you knew how much you have made me laugh these past two days. Christ...

Who would he beat? He sure is not close to Torriera, Xhaka or Maitland Niles. I promise you Joe Willock will be regarded as a better player in a year, just wait

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
Kind of what I'm referring to. Talented but injuries may derail him.

Sure. But I don’t think that is a given just yet. If it was the same injury coming back again and again I would have been more inclined to agree.

Big year coming up for him though. He obviously can’t keep on getting injured. But that would be true for all young players.

And I’m not saying Winks is destined for greatness. I love him, but he is not consistent enough. And he has to get rid of his “timidness” in his game. Also I remember thinking Bellerin would be a fantastic RB for 10-15 years when he first broke through. Certainly not a given any longer.

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
Coquelin, the storied Arsenal product :laugh:
He was a decent player but far from world class, but he is better than anyone Spurs have produced besides Kane and possibly Winks ( hard to tell, who do you prefer?).

KJS14

Jun 13, 2013
Lol.
He's not Arsenal made lol.

No, but he is Santi Cazorla-made. Santi made Coquelin look like a poor man's Kante for about 12-18 months, and we haven't had a better midfield pairing since them.

Reactions: AB13

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Xhaka is inconsistent but a lot better than Sissoko and Winks. Sissoko and Winks would not get into any other top half team
I would take Emre Can over Xhaka. That might not have much weight with you, but those around here can tell you what that means I think of Xhaka.

Reactions: hatterson

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
I would take Emre Can over Xhaka. That might not have much weight with you, but those around here can tell you what that means I think of Xhaka.

And I would take Emre Can over Sissoko and Winks any day of the week. I would take basically any Premier League midfielder in the top half over Sissoko and especially Winks the useless clown.
I would take Maitland-Niles over both too.

Is Emre Can your Guendouzi?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad