Premier League 2019-20 Part III

East Coast Bias

Feb 28, 2014
NYC
Short turn around. 6 weeks at best?

Gonna be a lot of teams just punting the League Cup. They should just knock out the PL teams that are in Europe for it next year. Or scrap the PL out of it entirely. But they won’t obviously.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Yeah, it's going to be brutal, I could see a lot more injuries build up over the course of the season.

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.
Short turn around. 6 weeks at best?

Gonna be a lot of teams just punting the League Cup. They should just knock out the PL teams that are in Europe for it next year. Or scrap the PL out of it entirely. But they won’t obviously.

I guess it's not so bad if you consider lockdown their "offseason", but the end of the campaign has been so accelerated that this doesn't give much time at all to recover. Forget about teams still competing in Europe.

East Coast Bias

Feb 28, 2014
NYC
I guess it's not so bad if you consider lockdown their "offseason", but the end of the campaign has been so accelerated that this doesn't give much time at all to recover. Forget about teams still competing in Europe.

Yeah it's a lot of games in a short time.

Consider also that they're starting a month late so they're going to get in 38 games in a shorter period.

Teams will just tank the league cup i'd say.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Coldplay sucks. It must be said. Most of their songs are stolen tunes anyway. And they're full of themselves.
Coldplay is overrated, but I think Radiohead is worse. Both bands have a couple good songs, but surrounded by mediocrity and craze fanbases that overrate the hell out of them.

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
It won't be as bad if you consider they're going to have 5 subs, and most likely they won't have international games to worry about for a bit.

Teams will do like Liverpool did and basically play kids in the League Cup, but that's whatever.

East Coast Bias

Feb 28, 2014
NYC
Teams will do like Liverpool did and basically play kids in the League Cup, but that's whatever.

I actually think it would be cool to have the League Cup be all levels below PL. So many PL clubs dont care, and you already have the FA Cup. I've thought that for years and this woulda been the excuse to try it.

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
I actually think it would be cool to have the League Cup be all levels below PL. So many PL clubs dont care, and you already have the FA Cup. I've thought that for years and this woulda been the excuse to try it.

Maybe. I think it means something to your clubs in the 8-16th spot in the EPL. If you're Everton, you'd kill for a day at Wembley. Even if it's a joke competition at this point.

I think there's some merit to letting youth play the first couple of rounds, but getting closer to the finals, some clubs take it seriously.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
It’s ironic that Arsene Wenger Was praised for doing this and Klopp was vilified. Proper weird.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
It’s ironic that Arsene Wenger Was praised for doing this and Klopp was vilified. Proper weird.
What are you on about he was always destroyed by the media and fans for not showing ambition in domestic cups.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
What are you on about he was always destroyed by the media and fans for not showing ambition in domestic cups.
Praised for using it as an opportunity for developing young talent in the mid to late 00s. Media didn’t turn on him until Early-mid 10s as far as I remember when the ambition as a whole was being questioned

koyvoo

Nov 8, 2014
4B42249D-A7CD-4F54-A6D9-90EC6AD517D5.jpeg

Reactions: Blender

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
If Keita can stay fit for at least 30 league games I think we'll repeat as champions. The goal against Chelsea wasn't the first time that Liverpool scored from him stealing the ball from someone else.

Reactions: JeffreyLFC

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
If Keita can stay fit for at least 30 league games I think we'll repeat as champions. The goal against Chelsea wasn't the first time that Liverpool scored from him stealing the ball from someone else.
I kind of agree with this? Keita is definitely the swing player for LFC next season. NEEDS to stay healthy.

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
He has been a revelation since the replay. He is like a dominant force there, best player on the pitch in every game he has started. He is definately more confident with the ball now. What a player he is! So psyched to see him start fresh next year!

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
He has been a revelation since the replay. He is like a dominant force there, best player on the pitch in every game he has started. He is definately more confident with the ball now. What a player he is! So psyched to see him start fresh next year!
Can you really say he will be starting fresh next year?

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Can you really say he will be starting fresh next year?
Starting fresh compared to what? Think there is an argument that he has earned more minutes. I think something clicked for him during the break. Feels more a part of the squad now too.

kmdoom

Sep 19, 2013
alexandria va
tariq lamptey has played very well for brighton, i don't think the defensive situation at chelsea is all that bad but if they knew alonso would fall this far out of lampard's favor they probably would have thought to keep him around. is there no buyback clause?

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
tariq lamptey has played very well for brighton, i don't think the defensive situation at chelsea is all that bad but if they knew alonso would fall this far out of lampard's favor they probably would have thought to keep him around. is there no buyback clause?
Lamptey is a rightback, we have two of them already in Azpilicueta and James. I don't think Lamptey wanted to stick around Chelsea knowing he was 3rd choice RB. Alonso is a leftback.

Reactions: Wee Baby Seamus

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Lamptey is a rightback, we have two of them already in Azpilicueta and James. I don't think Lamptey wanted to stick around Chelsea knowing he was 3rd choice RB. Alonso is a leftback.
Small fullbacks have a very small margin for error to succeed in the PL

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad