Premier League 2019-20 Part III

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
There is more to winning games than just goals/assists, by that logic a defensively minded player could never win it. I don't think Henderson winning it is unreasonable, even with KdB's amazing year as well.
When you break an all time record, yes there's no argument to give it to a CM like Henderson. NONE.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
Kante was clearly the best player on the top team, when #2 was also on the same team though. It is in no way comparable. And Hendo's season doesn't touch's Kante's.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
When you break an all time record, yes there's no argument to give it to a CM like Henderson. NONE.
Do you think it's possible to break a record and still not be the best overall player? I certainly think that could be the case. I'm not sure Henderson had that good of a season, but he did have a good one. For example, if 16-17 Kante had played like that this year, he would deserve the award over KdB in my opinion.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Nah I don't think you can beat the G or A record and not be the best player. Those are records nearly impossible to reach. Long time records too.
Goals maybe, but here's where we disagree. Salah for the record won player of the year in 17-18 when he broke the goals record in a 38 game season.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
There is more to winning games than just goals/assists, by that logic a defensively minded player could never win it. I don't think Henderson winning it is unreasonable, even with KdB's amazing year as well.
Yeah I agree. I think KdB is deserving as well but Henderson deserves his recognition.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Speaking of assists. Alisson Becker has as many as Raheem Sterling this season. Fun fact.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
And you don't think he deserved it?
Who? Salah? Yes he deserved it in 17-18. I haven't watched every Liverpool and every Manchester City game this year, so I wouldn't pretend to know for sure that Henderson was a bad choice this year. KdB is who he is, he's probably the best player in the league overall.

Prntscrn

Sep 29, 2011
Sweden
It has been amazing to hear Henderson's leadership with empty arenas though. Doing the managers work out on the pitch. But I agree with most in here, if it weren't for Liverpool's first league title in 30 years it probably would have been KdB

East Coast Bias

Feb 28, 2014
NYC

this pretty much squares with what everyone here thought

everyone had Liverpool and City top 2. But mostly everyone had Spurs and Arsenal 3/4.

no one had United top 4. @Wee Baby Seamus only one I saw who even nailed 3 of top 4

everyone thought Sheffield was getting relegated. Everyone expected much better from West Ham.

@S E P H picked Watford 6th

Premier League 2019-20

jetsforever

Dec 14, 2013
Glad to see the old timers Villa survive and United finish #3.
Also KDB should definitely win IMO.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France

For the non french readers it says how the United board didn't want to move for Bruno because of that stat line.
OGS went to see a game and it all changed because he put context on that stat.
And he agreed to the transfer, turning around United's season.

PeteWorrell

[...]
Aug 31, 2006
That stat is indeed misleading as pretty much all his passes are forward ones trying to create offence so of course the % of success is lower. Someone with over 90% but only does backwards and sideways passes is not really the type of player United needed.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad