Premier League 2018-2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Solanke is terrible.
I remember how some Liverpool fans were last year when they got him, some of those opinions did not age well.

Just another example of Chelsea having a winning academy, but not really a good/successful academy.

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
I remember how some Liverpool fans were last year when they got him, some of those opinions did not age well.

Just another example of Chelsea having a winning academy, but not really a good/successful academy.

I find that hard to believe.

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
So we are getting him back after his military service then?

I think this means Spurs buy Son back. It doesn't mean he wasn't a Utd player at one point.

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
Always a good thing when players sign new contracts (as long as it isn´t Sissoko). And hopefully it kills these Zaha rumours.

Paulie Gualtieri

R.I.P. Tony Sirico
May 18, 2016
I'm rather happy. He still fills a role in the squad.

Always a good thing when players sign new contracts (as long as it isn´t Sissoko). And hopefully it kills these Zaha rumours.

Gold says there is no interest in Zaha.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010

Pretty sure I was one of the people not overly high on the Solanke signing. Not that I don't think he has some talents, but it never made sense to me as a signing, and I think the Shaqiri signing is similar in terms of the logic for me as to why it's a bad signing (not to beat a dead horse).

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Zaha is so much better than Lamela. I dont believe that there is no interest there.

Reactions: YNWA14

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
Well. I’m no big fan of Lamela, but before that hip problem he played well and he serves a purpose in Pochettino’s system. He is excellent at pressing and he is very disciplined defensively.

Zaha has obviously got much more raw ability, but he is such a stupid football player. And it is hardly a position Spurs need to upgrade much. Spurs have played best when Eriksen and Alli roam behind Kane. If one more player is needed Son is better than Zaha. So spending 50-70m to upgrade Lamela wouldn’t exactly be smart. Even less so after Lucas (which was such a pointless purchase).

I know titles are won in the summer on this board, but I rather not spend the money this summer if it is between no-one or Zaha for 50-70m. Money doesn’t rot.

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
I'm rather happy. He still fills a role in the squad.

Gold says there is no interest in Zaha.

Some of these “sources” are clearly wrong. One say Zaha one say no Zaha.

Hard to say. One can only hope no Zaha.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
That also describes Lamela.
Zaha was the best player outside of the Top 6 last season. Lamela is a dive merchant who will make a highlight show 2 or 3 times a season and give nothing else but empty calories.

Reactions: YNWA14

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
That's why they keep sending players like Firmino and Mane out to meet with potential signings. Mane did so last summer btw. Not surprised Mane and Keita would be good friends and not surprised Alisson would be good friends with Firmino and Salah. The first two share the same agent and played for Salzburg.

Can't wait to see him playing in real games. Inevitably he will take a red card, but him and Fabinho are so good.

Reactions: koyvoo

KJS14

Jun 13, 2013
Zaha was the best player outside of the Top 6 last season. Lamela is a dive merchant who will make a highlight show 2 or 3 times a season and give nothing else but empty calories.

I'm pretty sure Bolasie was the 'best player outside the top 6' before moving to Everton and look at him now. Zaha is effective in a system where he runs around like a headless chicken on the counter.

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
Yeah. Zaha needs space. Not that Spurs will dominate every game, but he would have to play a fairly different game at Spurs.

Spurs do need some more pace, but if players like Martial are off the table then buying Zaha isn’t the solution. Even less so when I believe Pochettino is buying Grealish to line-up more like England (playing Grealish/Eriksen/Alli like Lingard and Alli in the WC). Zaha could play the “Sterling-role”, but he is hardly that suited to that (Son is a much better player in that role).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad