Premier League 2018-2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
We'll have you getting abuse from tens of thousands of people on a weekly basis and see how you deal with it.

Sure send it my way I don't really care what other people say/think about me.

And "abuse"? Why because they said mean things about him on twitter. Abuse is a little much unless I missed reports of him having physical interactions with fans.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
And "abuse"? Why because they said mean things about him on twitter. Abuse is a little much unless I missed reports of him having physical interactions with fans.

Well you clearly do not understand the definition of abuse. Also its easy as someone with a small platform like us to sit here and talk big....

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
Well you clearly do not understand the definition of abuse. Also its easy as someone with a small platform like us to sit here and talk big....

I do understand just fine thanks.

Also who is talking big? I just said I would handle it differently.

maclean

Jan 4, 2014

Wow, I don't follow it so close, didn't realise people were so up in his shit... about his hair?? Really? What about Bale? Not that I can't believe it, people are shit, but I was a big fan of his, true his play hasn't been as impressive as of late, but if that's been even in part a result of people bitching about him, f*** the f*** off, it's as if people don't know how to be real fans anymore. I apologise for the cussing but trust the filter will wipe it clean

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
Wow, I don't follow it so close, didn't realise people were so up in his ****... about his hair?? Really? What about Bale? Not that I can't believe it, people are ****, but I was a big fan of his, true his play hasn't been as impressive as of late, but if that's been even in part a result of people *****ing about him, **** the **** off, it's as if people don't know how to be real fans anymore. I apologise for the cussing but trust the filter will wipe it clean

Bale's hair looks ridiculous as well but at least he is a quality player.

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
Bale's hair looks ridiculous as well but at least he is a quality player.

Oh you didn't notice how teams were all over Bellerin? You didn't notice all those years of how Barcelona was going to steal him away?

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
At the end of the day the point is not about anyones hair, it's the fact that sport needs to work on its inclusion for all.

TheMoreYouKnow

May 3, 2007
38° N 77° W
If you look at the ESPN headline "Hector Bellerin reveals anti-gay abuse: It can affect you.", it seems like at least at ESPN they interpreted the interview as a very awkward coming out.

Stray Wasp

May 5, 2009
South east London
If you look at the ESPN headline "Hector Bellerin reveals anti-gay abuse: It can affect you.", it seems like at least at ESPN they interpreted the interview as a very awkward coming out.

You think?

From my perspective the ESPN headline is accurately describing the type of abuse Bellerin has received rather than describing Bellerin's sexual orientation. Google-search 'le saux homophobia' and you'll find a few similarly-worded headlines. Graeme Le Saux suffered anti-gay abuse for the crimes of reading a newspaper and speaking in fully-formed but uninteresting sentences. The media never assumed this made him homosexual, however.

Apparently, Bellerin was told he 'looked like a lesbian'. I was unaware that all lesbians looked the same. (Or that all homosexuals looked the same. Or that all heterosexuals looked the same. Admittedly, the question of whether all inhabitants of sunderland look alike requires further research.)

My immediate reaction to Bellerin's hair would be, 'you look like another bandwagon-jumper sporting that ghastly topknot style, the popularity of which among young men in general and hipsters in particular is a mystery to me, not least because of its former association with samurai, who were militaristic and believed in a caste system, and I would have thought that if hipsters were as liberal as they posture at being they'd not want to adopt signifiers of such a culture. But hey, maybe we shouldn't expect ideological coherence from hipsters. Perhaps beneath the self-promoting surface they haven't a worthwhile thought in their heads'.

Who'd have thought that insulting a footballer's topknot without drawing lesbians into the subject turns out to be easy as pie? Strange, and surely revealing, then, that others signally failed to manage it.

Note that when I referred to hipsters as though they were a homogeneous group I was being prejudiced too. Fortunately my words are beyond reproach, since hipsters are demonstrably rubbish.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
20 months?

Is that any indication as to how drunk he was?

I'm all for heavy handed approach to drinking and driving; 20 months is decent, 2nd strike lose your licence permanently.

Reactions: KJS14

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
He supposedly was going 15 in a 30 and swerved all across the road.

Just dumb. He's not the first and won't be the last. Just like Liverpool and Firmino, he'll play.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Looks like 32 year old Monreal is getting an extension at Arsenal. He is one of the older players that I would love for the club to keep around.

Reactions: KJS14
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille