Premier League 2018-2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
He deserves a contact extension. But he should be seeing limited minutes as the club moves forward. He is good enough to play a role with the team and I think his showing at the World Cup more than justifies an increase. He was one of the best three or four players on a pretty good England side. He needs minutes managed (and he honestly hasn't had much of an offseason) of course but he's a good depth player to have. He also understand what it means to be a Liverpool player.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
He honestly shouldn't be in Liverpool's starting midfield if they want to win things this year. He's a fine option to rotate in and give some guys rest, but nothing more.
He deserves a contact extension. But he should be seeing limited minutes as the club moves forward. He is good enough to play a role with the team and I think his showing at the World Cup more than justifies an increase. He was one of the best three or four players on a pretty good England side. He needs minutes managed (and he honestly hasn't had much of an offseason) of course but he's a good depth player to have. He also understand what it means to be a Liverpool player.
Take a gander at what Liverpool's record looks like when Henderson is playing vs. when he isn't. Not only is he a great player and absolutely deserves his spot in the side on merit, but he's been one of the most adaptable players to the changing landscape over the years. Klopp loves him for good reason, and I'm sure everyone will rotate, but Henderson isn't just a 'fine rotation option'. If he can keep his foot situation under control he's a top level midfielder.

At the end of the day, just like Wijnaldum and all the weird shade he gets from some fans, Klopp loves him and continues to not only play him but support him as captain.

Il Mediano

Feb 24, 2018
I like Hendo - good player; good leader.

Definitely not Gerrard , but he makes a positive impact on his teammates and contributes to winning games at a enough high level.

I can see why Klopp wanted him to be part of the program long term.

Reactions: YNWA14

TheMoreYouKnow

May 3, 2007
38° N 77° W
In an ideal world you can have a Henderson who's also a wizard on the ball and genius playmaker full of inspiration..but in the real world those players are rare and often unobtainable for even a club like Liverpool. The wrong conclusion to take from that is that you just don't need players like Henderson at all.

Reactions: YNWA14

KJS14

Jun 13, 2013
Take a gander at what Liverpool's record looks like when Henderson is playing vs. when he isn't. Not only is he a great player and absolutely deserves his spot in the side on merit, but he's been one of the most adaptable players to the changing landscape over the years. Klopp loves him for good reason, and I'm sure everyone will rotate, but Henderson isn't just a 'fine rotation option'. If he can keep his foot situation under control he's a top level midfielder.

At the end of the day, just like Wijnaldum and all the weird shade he gets from some fans, Klopp loves him and continues to not only play him but support him as captain.

I like Wijnaldum, and I think he or Milner should be the 3rd guy in Liverpool's midfield next to Keita and Fabinho. Henderson's passing ability has always been overrated, and its showed recently. There's certainly room for a guy like him as a leader in the squad, but he shouldn't be starting regularly for you guys.

Burner Account

Feb 14, 2008
Is it just me, or is it a no-brainer to make Van Dijk captain when Milner retires and Henderson is rotated? Watching him calm the team and direct traffic during a match is a treat.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Is it just me, or is it a no-brainer to make Van Dijk captain when Milner retires and Henderson is rotated? Watching him calm the team and direct traffic during a match is a treat.
I think most people see van Dijk as the next captain. That said Henderson is obviously a strong voice on and off the field and I don't see why he'd lose the captaincy any time soon. At the end of the day you can have a strong leadership group with the right people in the room; just because there's a designated captain doesn't mean others can't step up and lead.

Burner Account

Feb 14, 2008
I think most people see van Dijk as the next captain. That said Henderson is obviously a strong voice on and off the field and I don't see why he'd lose the captaincy any time soon. At the end of the day you can have a strong leadership group with the right people in the room; just because there's a designated captain doesn't mean others can't step up and lead.
Not that I think Henderson will lose the captaincy, but some more minutes.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Lucas was a great signing by Tottenham. Always thought he looked very talented.

Also de Jong isn't going to Spurs just like de Ligt wasn't. He'll end up at a bigger club sooner than later; he just oozes class.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Lucas is still the same player. He makes awful choices in the final 3rd and has tunnel vision. Everything else, you have to love : his speed, his character, his dribbling, his efforts, etc... But don't rely on him offensively or you'll hit the wall.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
I don't think it'll happen , but if Monchi goes to United, I'll be beyond pissed.

I hate Roma fans so much sometimes. They don't deserve a well run club.

How long has Monchi been the DOF of Roma? And how good has he been? From your post sounds like he’d be a good get for United :D

Il Mediano

Feb 24, 2018
Like 15 months , lol. Worked at Sevilla for 17 years. Roma fans are so insanely impatient/uneducated/emotional.

He'd be a brilliant signing for United , but I don't think they offer him the challenge he's looking for.

Everything would be almost be too easy with all that money.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
Like 15 months , lol. Worked at Sevilla for 17 years. Roma fans are so insanely impatient/uneducated/emotional.

He'd be a brilliant signing for United , but I don't think they offer him the challenge he's looking for.

Everything would be almost be too easy with all that money.

Whoa whoa whoa. Working with Mourinhi(assuming he’s still there) has to be one of the biggest challenges in the world :sarcasm:

Il Mediano

Feb 24, 2018
Monchi choose Roma over Barca... there's a reason for that.

Oh, I know. He said he wanted a huge challenge -- well he got it. I just don't think he realized how insane the fans are.

Rumours are he's pissed off about how the fans are in meltdown mode/the media are writing scathing articles about him and it's only 3 games into the season. They're treating him like Arsenal fans treated Wenger in his last few years-- and we just had our best CL run in our history.

Welcome to Rome, Monchi. It's about as toxic of an environment as you can find in football. I hope to hell you stay, because if you can eventually win the crowd over , you're a god forever.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad