Premier League 2018-2019 Part II

Wee Baby Seamus

Yo, Goober, where's the meat?
Mar 15, 2011
Halifax/Toronto
What are people's teams of the season so far?

Kane - Aubameyang
Hazard - D. Silva - B. Silva - Eriksen
Robertson - Van Dijk - Laporte - Azpilicueta
Allison

A few no-brainers, a few trickier ones.

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017

Kane - Aubameyang
Allison

As far as Liverpool goes. 2 locks in Van Dijk and Alisson. I would also mention Salah and Robertson but they are not locks. Salah above Robertson though.

Wee Baby Seamus

Yo, Goober, where's the meat?
Mar 15, 2011
Halifax/Toronto
As far as Liverpool goes. 2 locks in Van Dijk and Alisson. I would also mention Salah and Robertson but they are not locks. Salah above Robertson though.

Robertson is a lock because of the competition at LB. Salah faces more up front, but there are a ton of guys who could take those two forward spots.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
I like your team except Auba. Not even sure he was the best Arsenal striker this year, given his multiple missed sitters and his playing time.
I'd put Salah over him.

Reactions: Cassano

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California

Kane - Aubameyang
Allison

Martial-Rashford-Hazard
Pogba-B. Silva
Matic
Shaw-Lindelof-Van Dijk-Azpi
De Gea

It’s really sad that I can’t even fill out a full team with United players..

Reactions: Jussi

Burner Account

Feb 14, 2008

Milner at right back it is. Can't imagine Hoever getting a league game right now, especially against Zaha.

Midfield of Henderson - Fabinho - Shaqiri or Keita - Fabinho - Henderson Saturday? That's if Matip can go.

I'm relieved by the lack of extra cup ties.

Last edited:

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Wijnaldum should be in midfield for TotY at this point. He's been Liverpool's second best/most consistent player this season behind van Dijk.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013

Milner at right back it is. Can't imagine Hoever getting a league game right now, especially against Zaha.

Midfield of Henderson - Fabinho - Shaqiri or Keita - Fabinho - Henderson Saturday? That's if Matip can go.

I'm relieved by the lack of extra cup ties.

It is an absolute joke that Liverpool, with a chance to win the league, are not doing anything to help their backline this month.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013

Kane - Aubameyang
Allison

I agree with what Evilo said about Salah in for Aubameyang. Also I think Fernandinho deserves a spot but not sure who I would take out. It's pretty competitive in there.

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
I still cannot believe they let go Clyne.

Now TAA is out for more than a month and with no decent backup. T

How could Liverpool afford to give their top depth player because he wants to play while a team like Man City can have a billion dollar sitting on the bench and not play and be "fine" with it.

This is for the championship not to make all players happy.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Aubameyang isn't that good. Don't be fooled by goal totals. Terrible buy

It wasn't a terrible by. Strikers are paid to produce, and he produces. A terrible buy is someone like Morata. Aubameyang was just sort of unnecessary, but it was still a good buy for the return they've had.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
No. He has been good but nothing worthy of TOTY.
Yes, he has been. But he doesn't score or assist a lot so will get lost in the noise. The only 3 from Liverpool at this point that I think should be locks for TotY if they keep up their levels are van Dijk, Robertson and Wijnaldum.

East Coast Bias

Feb 28, 2014
NYC
DeGea has got to be the keeper in TOTY for me.

Not to take anything away from Alisson, but DeGea faced more shots in the 2nd half of the Spurs game than hes faced in a month.

He's the best goalie in the league and until someone has a run to prove differently, he's gotta be in the TOTY imo

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010

Not to take anything away from Alisson, but DeGea faced more shots in the 2nd half of the Spurs game than hes faced in a month.

He's the best goalie in the league and until someone has a run to prove differently, he's gotta be in the TOTY imo
Pretty much why I don't have Alisson there.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013

This is recency bias. De Gea started off very poor. This is team of the season, not team of the week. Alisson leads the league in clean sheets and his team have the least goals against. For this exercise its him.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016

In my totally biased opinion I agree.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
This is recency bias. De Gea started off very poor. This is team of the season, not team of the week. Alisson leads the league in clean sheets and his team have the least goals against. For this exercise its him.

I mean the team in front of him was bad. He wasn’t bad. I mean last year he was definitely better, but I’d still say he’s been the best keeper in the league this year.

East Coast Bias

Feb 28, 2014
NYC

It's not recency bias. he's been great all year. It's not his fault the defense in awful. There's been about 40 different back 4s this season in front of him.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
The difference in teams in front of Alisson and de Gea is pretty massive, especially on the defensive end. Alisson has had a few howlers himself but was bailed out by his team (look no further than even the game against ManU). His positioning has been somewhat questionable in a few situations as well that would have seen better results for Liverpool.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
Yea De Gea hasn't played at the same level as last year, but he's still been great. His lack of clean sheets is on his defense, not remotely on him.

That said, I'd probably put Allison in the TOTY ahead of him just due to the massive difference in stats, even if that difference isn't due to their level of play.

Last edited:

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
No one is saying anything bad about De Gea, but this season (so far) Alisson has been better. And that's okay.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad