Premier League 2018-2019 Part II

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
I’d say the guy who’s probably going to win the title.
So because of a team effort he should get an individual recognition? Unless I'm missing something I thought TotS was for the best players of the season. Not that Aguero has been bad or anything (quite the opposite), but he hasn't been as good as Sterling, Silva or Hazard.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
I guess there is some talk of Lampard taking over Chelsea. My only issue with it is with how quick we are to fire managers, I wouldn't want that to hurt his legacy. We need a proper rebuild, and any new manager needs to be allowed an adjustment period, which doesn't happen at Chelsea.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Oh God, I just realized that Liverpool leaving me with NYCFC all summer will be like getting babysat by your creepy uncle :(

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
So because of a team effort he should get an individual recognition? Unless I'm missing something I thought TotS was for the best players of the season. Not that Aguero has been bad or anything (quite the opposite), but he hasn't been as good as Sterling, Silva or Hazard.
No he should get individual recognition because he has the most goals on the team that won and similar amount of assists to some of the guys ahead of him.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
No he should get individual recognition because he has the most goals on the team that won and similar amount of assists to some of the guys ahead of him.
I thought you were just talking about changing narratives to suit arguments. I'm sure you never take the same stance with Ronaldo for example. Goals are not the be all end all. He's been outplayed by multiple players on his title winning team. Not anything to be ashamed about; he's had a great season and is a great player.

koyvoo

Nov 8, 2014

Funny because I called them dikks all throughout that game. Maybe the only game I’ve ever really wanted to see United win. How on earth did their back 4 lose their shape that badly?

I mean, that’s bad. Sunday league levels bad.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
Funny because I called them dikks all throughout that game. Maybe the only game I’ve ever really wanted to see United win. How on earth did their back 4 lose their shape that badly?

I mean, that’s bad. Sunday league levels bad.

A partial defense is that it was on the counter, so they were strung out. The back 3 were lined up normally a few seconds before that, Lindelof stayed him to pressure Sterling (right move) while the other 2 backed away. Aguero made a run from just left of center to cross over the other 2 and for some reason Darmian followed him like crazy even though Smalling was right there. If Darmian is about level with Smalling, the shape doesn't look bad at all and the chance is mostly broken up.

It's a bad play by Darmian, but he's also an out of action RB suddenly playing RCB so I can kinda understand not having the instincts.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
I don't really think I'd say Burnley *need* a result. It'd certainly be nice for them as it could mean the difference between finishing 16th and finishing 11th due to how packed the mid table is, and that's a good chunk of revenue for a smaller club. (~2 million a place is the incremental payout)

Granted a point actually does mathematically guarantee them safety, and they're not the type of club to roll over anyway, so I think they'll be a tough match.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
I don't really think I'd say Burnley *need* a result. It'd certainly be nice for them as it could mean the difference between finishing 16th and finishing 11th due to how packed the mid table is, and that's a good chunk of revenue for a smaller club. (~2 million a place is the incremental payout)

Granted a point actually does mathematically guarantee them safety, and they're not the type of club to roll over anyway, so I think they'll be a tough match.
Right. It's nice, and of course it would be great to get a bit more money, but that's not make or break for their season and it's not a 'need' persay. Usually when someone says they need a result it's based on their finish getting something, or not being relegated.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Duh, clubs want to finish the highest possible and indeed, the money involved is important enough.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
Duh, clubs want to finish the highest possible and indeed, the money involved is important enough.

Right but Burnley don't need a result any more than anyone else in the 11-15 range and need it less than basically the rest of the table.

Liverpool/City obviously "need" results to win
The other 4 "need" results to get top 4.
The 7-10 teams "need" results to get 7th and possible Europa league.
16-18 "need" results to not be relegated.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Yes, obviously they don't.
Does that mean they should let themselves beat because, what the heck, they don't NEED a result more than others?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad