Premier League 2018-2019 Part II

East Coast Bias

Feb 28, 2014
NYC
These teams gotta stop coming over here and playing on baseball fields.

It’s all fun and games till someone tears a knee on the lip of the infield grass. It’s dumb. Don’t encourage this soccer on baseball fields buffoonery.

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.
Really loved the game in Michigan this past summer against United. Was awesome to sit one row off the field, too. The atmosphere was surprisingly good. I might go again this summer.

Also FFT released its top 50 players of the season for the EPL.

http://www.sportbible.com/football/...st-premier-league-player-this-season-20190423
He hasn't been great the last half of the year, but Felipe Anderson is definitely top 50 in the league this year.

Fabianski getting some love is nice, though.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
He hasn't been great the last half of the year, but Felipe Anderson is definitely top 50 in the league this year.

Fabianski getting some love is nice, though.
I haven't watched a ton of West Ham games this season but every time I did watch them he stood out. Always liked him as a player though.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Those preseason games aren't cheap, had a chance to go see United one time and the tickets were starting at 90 bucks. **** that, especially seeing van Gaal's trash squad. Rather save and spend a couple thousand to travel to England and go see Arsenal wipe the floor at WHL.

Reactions: les Habs

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Those preseason games aren't cheap, had a chance to go see United one time and the tickets were starting at 90 bucks. **** that, especially seeing van Gaal's trash squad. Rather save and spend a couple thousand to travel to England and go see Arsenal wipe the floor at WHL.

Exactly. I've said this many times. You can get round trip tickets to London for $350 US from Chicago and even cheaper from the east coast.

Reactions: S E P H

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Exactly. I've said this many times. You can get round trip tickets to London for $350 US from Chicago and even cheaper from the east coast.
I haven't chequed the tickets, but another aspect you can do is fly to Iceland using their carrier and then taking a ferry or another plane to England. The tickets to Iceland could be as less as going from LA or Phoenix/Denver to Boston.

Plus you can visit Iceland for a couple of days before making your way to London to participate in some hooliganism.

Reactions: les Habs

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
On the one hand: I'm very glad to see Bernardo Silva get the love he deserves.

On the other: #4 is too low for Hazard.
No kidding. I remember some people here not so fond of him when he signed for City.
That Monaco team was so loaded. Fabinho, Bakayoko in midfield, Mendy at LB, Mbappe up front, Lemar/Silva on the wings... All gone now.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
I would have had Hazard at 2 and Silva/Mane/Sterling in some kind of 3/4/5 but the general top 5 is pretty good.
Maybe from resellers? It cost me $200 (for 2 tickets) to go see Liverpool vs. United and sit one row off the field in the Liverpool supporter's section. Considering the price of hockey tikets around here that's quite cheap.

Burner Account

Feb 14, 2008
I paid about $100 to sit in the supporters section for Liverpool vs. City at MetLife last year. I understand the camp that won't pay that because it's preseason but given prices for other events and how challenging it can be to see these clubs in person, I don't think it's totally unreasonable.

I'm more likely to regret not going than I am to regret going.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
All teams now have 3 games remaining.

The big 6 are all guaranteed to finish in the top 6. No one else is guaranteed a top half finish and only 4 teams are guaranteed a bottom half finish.

City - 1-2
Liverpool - 1-2
Tottenham - 3-6
Chelsea - 3-6
Arsenal - 3-6
United - 3-6
Wolves - 7-12
Watford - 7-14
Everton - 7-15
Leicester - 7-15
West Ham - 7-17
Palace - 7-17
Newcastle - 8-17
Bournemouth - 8-17
Burnley - 9-18
Southampton - 11-18
Brighton - 11-18
Cardiff - 15-19
Fulham - 18-20
Huddersfield - 19-10

Note: this doesn't include goal differentials nor does it include the scenarios where teams play each other so certain finishes can't technically happen.

Reactions: kyle evs48

Albatros

Aug 19, 2017
Ostsee
067BA0C9000003E8-6019181-image-a-19_1533212866149.jpg

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
I haven't chequed the tickets, but another aspect you can do is fly to Iceland using their carrier and then taking a ferry or another plane to England. The tickets to Iceland could be as less as going from LA or Phoenix/Denver to Boston.

Plus you can visit Iceland for a couple of days before making your way to London to participate in some hooliganism.

I actually would have mentioned that but I figured nobody cared. That's definitely how I'd do it, though you can bypass that option if you want to. I haven't checked in a while either, but I've definitely seen tickets for under $400 doing this as well and that's from the Midwest.

Reactions: S E P H

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Virgil van Dijk Wins PFA Players' Player of the Year Award Ahead of Raheem Sterling

Well deserved. For me the best defender in the world currently and it's not particularly close. He's the type of player that is not only amazing at his position and does all the things he needs to do, but he makes the players around him better and instills confidence in everyone around him. The progression he's made is amazing, and the thing is he's still relatively young for a centerback. His style of play should lend itself to longevity as well. What a player.

Reactions: Ajacied

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
For me if we're doing a 4-3-3 I'd go:

Sterling - Hazard - B. Silva
D. Silva - Pogba
Fernandinho
Robertson - Laporte - van Dijk - TAA
Alisson​

Ad

Upcoming events