Premier League 2018-2019 Part II

Stray Wasp

May 5, 2009
South east London
Sometimes I really hate our sport. Like any group, when you have so many (Googled that there are 1.5 billion Muslims) there will eventually be bad apples where other idiots judge the entire group solely on them.

It's not the fault of football - if it didn't exist the same people would choose another medium for displaying to the world their intellectual and moral failings. (for further details see 'political' demonstrations and social media).

The irony is that once upon a time English football fans were confined to what amounted to caged terraces because the actions of a violent (and often racist) minority caused politicians and the media to act as if everyone who attended games was vermin. The sport's ascent into mainstream acceptance was both rapid and unexpected. So we shouldn't rule out the possibility that if fans insist on behaving badly enough for long enough the day may come when games are played in front of largely empty stadiums while a worldwide audience watches at home, glad to keep away from the feral males acting up in the ground.

Reactions: S E P H

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
If it wasn't for the money, I wouldn't be surprised if at a certain point alcohol is banned from stadiums. The tends to be the source of people making their a-hole opinions known to the world or even just starting altercations that aren't based in racism, at least in my experience.

Stray Wasp

May 5, 2009
South east London
If it wasn't for the money, I wouldn't be surprised if at a certain point alcohol is banned from stadiums. The tends to be the source of people making their a-hole opinions known to the world or even just starting altercations that aren't based in racism, at least in my experience.

Where English football is concerned, if nowhere else, people would simply drink more in the pub prior to coming in. As is perhaps borne out by the dismal trend of buying beer inside the stadium only to throw it around the concourse.

Indeed, if we remember the Mackem who was accused of taking a dump in his seat, his own account of his exploits was that he'd been completely tanked up well before he knuckled into the Stadium of Light minor. (Anecdotally, I've encountered older Newcastle fans who've complained about the atmosphere at away games being badly marred by the obnoxious presence of adolescents not only liquored- but coked-up).

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
Premier League Player Stats - Through balls

David Luiz leads PL in throughballs and it isn't even close.

Is he criminally underrated?
David Luiz has always been great moving forward.

This domination is mostly due to Sarri favoring long ball in his system (see also Jorginho 2nd) and David Luiz propency to create offense with his vision/passing.

His problem has always been his defensive play which is a key component for being considered a top defender.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Where English football is concerned, if nowhere else, people would simply drink more in the pub prior to coming in. As is perhaps borne out by the dismal trend of buying beer inside the stadium only to throw it around the concourse.

Indeed, if we remember the Mackem who was accused of taking a dump in his seat, his own account of his exploits was that he'd been completely tanked up well before he knuckled into the Stadium of Light minor. (Anecdotally, I've encountered older Newcastle fans who've complained about the atmosphere at away games being badly marred by the obnoxious presence of adolescents not only liquored- but coked-up).

Yeah, the pre-game tailgating is an issue in the States at NFL games as well.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
David Luiz has always been great moving forward.

This domination is mostly due to Sarri favoring long ball in his system (see also Jorginho 2nd) and David Luiz propency to create offense with his vision/passing.

His problem has always been his defensive play which is a key component for being considered a top defender.
He was so much better in the back 3 system Conte played because he was less exposed, but with only 2 central defenders he can be a black hole back there. I don't think anyone has ever denied his attacking talent as you say.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA

Twitter comments do not reflect my general view of Chelsea fanbase

These are the lads that go see Chelsea every home game at Matthew Harding Stand. Chelsea already botched their image as a racist-free club when they failed to speak on the Terry-Ferdinand incident and sent Ashley Cole to defend his lies in court. When your club failed to take notice of that, why would the fans?

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
Would be interesting to see how many attempts Luiz has? No denying he can hit the ball sweetly and got very good vision though Certainly among the best CDs in that area - if not the best. By the way also think Rudiger supplements him very well.

As for his through balls Alderweireld can hit those passes almost as well as Luiz I would argue, but he basically never tries to. Spurs' build up play is much more built on diagonal passes from the defense so Alderweireld's at times fantastic passing wouldn't show up as through balls. Just an example.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Premier League Player Stats - Through balls

David Luiz leads PL in throughballs and it isn't even close.

Is he criminally underrated?
That's something you want Jorginho to lead the category in and not your prime CB. His job is to prevent goals, not contribute to them because Chelsea shouldn't require him to create chances for goals. He should be leading the team or EPL in "most dangerous chances broken up" and he doesn't. Honestly, what he is is a wing-back player playing in the centre back role and that to me is just ludicrous.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Too much history there. QPR is perfect.

In 15 years we’ll have people saying well, actually QPR is the most Influential London club.
Yeah fair enough. I was thinking more that it would be cool to see Forest competing at the top of England, but there is a lot of history there.

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
Ah the oil billionaire lottery. One step closer to ruining football.

Stray Wasp

May 5, 2009
South east London

You'd have thought rather than publicising their aims they'd just go ahead and do it.

Mind, maybe they hate the English, and decided that between having to wait for Brexit and this dismal event to come to pass, we'd all become so overwhelmed with despair we'd hurl ourselves into the sea.

Still, it's good news for someone playing, 'hideous people buying English clubs' bingo.

Just as long as they don't buy Newcastle United - my heart is set on Charles Taylor, released from his incarceration and announcing such is the affection he's acquired for the north east during his time at HM Franklands he's going to plunge into the club the fortune he gained flogging blood diamonds. (And if his negotiating tactics involve flying in some of his former associates to 'lean' on Ashley, well, them's the breaks for poor old Mike).

One can but dream.

Reactions: YNWA14

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011

These are the lads that go see Chelsea every home game at Matthew Harding Stand. Chelsea already botched their image as a racist-free club when they failed to speak on the Terry-Ferdinand incident and sent Ashley Cole to defend his lies in court. When your club failed to take notice of that, why would the fans?

Disgusting, but it's more than just a Chelsea issue, Liverpool fans had some homophobic chanting going on.

Now before someone goes on about whataboutism, it's all disgusting, simple as that, and to me ruins the purpose of the game.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad