Premier League 2018-2019 Part II

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
So Chelsea has two choices now :
1/ They keep Sarri with this roster for over a year.
2/ They fire Sarri and hire someone who can actually do something with this roster for over a year.
Like Barca and Atletico, they appealed and were able to do business in the summer. Even a chance the appeal goes into the winter window. Real appealed and got it reduced, but Barca and Atletico did not. They'll have to overpay on players because they won't have leverage, but they'll have 1 window to make moves.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Meanwhile United and its sorry roster is leading the EPL since Mourinho's gone...
Who were the guys who said the roster wasn't that talented and was flawed and that the coach wasn't responsible for the state United was in?

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
Lacazette 8 of 11 league goals are game winners. Insanely clutch player in Arsenal shirt. He was pretty average his first season, but he has been immense his year. He'd have more if Aubameyang wasnt here too.

I just don't know what management plans to do moving forward. Seems like a waste leaving one on the bench for 60 mins since Mkhitaryan and Iwobi are pretty crucial for our width game.

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
Sample size is about 100 goals to small to say anything about “clutch ability”.

But good player. To me there is a bit of a forward drought around. Not many all round good forwards to choose from these days. Lacazette is one of them. Could easily have been the main man at a better team than Arsenal these days.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
Meanwhile United and its sorry roster is leading the EPL since Mourinho's gone...
Who were the guys who said the roster wasn't that talented and was flawed and that the coach wasn't responsible for the state United was in?

Mourninho definitely didn’t have a negative effect on all the attacking players on the team at all.

Reactions: Evilo

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
Because I missed it, anyone mind telling me in several words what Chelsea did to earn the ban? (not that they don't deserve it I'm sure ;) )

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
It's shaping up to be an interesting summer for Chelsea with Sarri apparently losing the room and the transfer ban. I wonder how they are going to navigate through everything.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
Sample size is about 100 goals to small to say anything about “clutch ability”.

But good player. To me there is a bit of a forward drought around. Not many all round good forwards to choose from these days. Lacazette is one of them. Could easily have been the main man at a better team than Arsenal these days.
Which one? He wouldn't start at Bayern, Juve, Barca, Spurs, Liverpool, City, Atletico and PSG. Maybe Real Madrid, but I think most would still prefer big Benz.

And he has a good scoring record in top 6 games and scored against unbreakable Europa League Atletico last year.

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
Which one? He wouldn't start at Bayern, Juve, Barca, Spurs, Liverpool, City, Atletico and PSG. Maybe Real Madrid, but I think most would still prefer big Benz.

And he has a good scoring record in top 6 games and scored against unbreakable Europa League Atletico last year.

There are quite a few teams better than Arsenal these days not mentioned. BVB would be a good place for him I believe. Depending on how they want to use Rashford he would have been a nice fit at Utd. Obviously where he came from Lyon.

As for the teams mentioned. It comes to timing a bit as well as quality. Would Lacazette be a downgrade to Mandzukic? Obviously their style is different, but I don´t think so. I have rated Lewandowski as the best "pure forward" in the world for quite some time, but he is not the same player any longer. Same with Suarez. I personally think Barcelona would be better today with Lacazette than Suarez. A bit similar to Mandzukic with Firmino. His style is perfect for Liverpool, but I don´t think Lacazette player for player is worse than Firmino.

So yes - I think he easily could have played for one of those teams and been successful playing there. He was just unlucky ending up at Arsenal and even more unlucky with the way Arsenal have utilised him. It just became such a mess in terms of fitting players into their best positions with Lacazette, Auba, Ozil, Miki, Ramsey etc. I think Lacazette has suffered for it a bit. How they were ever going to get the best out of Lacazette and Auba I would never know.

Would have loved him at Spurs. Next to Kane. With a bit more confidence and an intelligent partner with some ability to play the target man role I think Lacazette would be deadly. And he is strong enough to be Kane´s backup as well when he needs rest or is out.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
The United fans

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
It's a little early to be declaring anything, given how they've performed before...unless of course we're ready to anoint OGS the best manager (in the making) ever based on his start.

I still think Spurs, Liverpool and City are clearly better.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad