Premier League 2018-2019 Part II

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
It's a little early to be declaring anything, given how they've performed before...unless of course we're ready to anoint OGS the best manager (in the making) ever based on his start.

I still think Spurs, Liverpool and City are clearly better.

Which would make them the 4th best team in the league like everyone was arguing.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Which would make them the 4th best team in the league like everyone was arguing.
I think they're in the ring with Arsenal and Chelsea. None of them are consistent enough at this point to be clearly better than eachother. All three of those rosters are of a similar level, IMO, that all need issues sorted out one way or another.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
But, but, but they would never climb up the standings in such a way with a new coach... :huh:

Frankly, Liverpool fans arguing about Mourinho sinking the team is weird. Their coach has transformed their team in two years. The effect has been huge.
Mourinho has had a similar effect, just the other way around.
FFS, United easily has the best record in the EPL since Mou left.

Reactions: Gecklund

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Also where's the idiot who last year said Lacazette was awful and called him "La Baguette"?

tony d

New poll series coming from me on June 3
Jun 23, 2007
Behind A Tree
Tottenham/Arsenal play tomorrow, should be a fun game of 2 of the top teams in the EPL this year.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Tottenham/Arsenal play tomorrow, should be a fun game of 2 of the top teams in the EPL this year.
Very important game for both clubs. More pressure on Spurs I think, but either way hopefully they both play like the season is on the line.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
If OLE was manager the entire season.... is United winning the title?

No. They’d be closer, but they’re still 13 back of City (potentially 14 of Liverpool). Maybe they’re 6-8 points higher and “in the running” but they don’t have the depth to hang all season long.

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
Of course. A team like City crushing Liverpool and Arsenal when it comes to commercial revenue. Obviously not "real". PSG the same - supposedly at the same size as Man Utd commercially.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
They might be more blatant at it than others, but I hardly think they’re unique. I’d be shocked if basically every big team wasn’t doing something shady to get an advantage.

Reactions: Evilo

gary69

Sep 22, 2004
Then and there
Wasn't that already settled with UEFA in 2014? So nothing will happen because the punishment for this and other older stuff was already included in that agreement.

Reactions: Evilo

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
Oh all big teams do their best to get a competitive advantage.

But it’s blatantly obvious that there are some clubs who are using their own corporations to skirt rules more than others. The idea that City would have similar commercial revenue compared with the top 4-5 clubs in the world is an obvious fabrication. I don’t think that’s a surprise for anyone.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad