Premier League 2018-2019 Part II

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
I’d focus on CB(Koulibaly) and a CDM. Mainly Koulibaly. Having a dominant CB like him changes so much.

Koulibaly would be amazing. Him anchoring things beside Lindelof or Bailey would solidify things so much.

Anyway, I agree with also needing to replace Matic or at the very least provide a solid rotation option as well as targeting a RW so that Lingard can be a rotational option.

Overall in order I’d put the priorities in order as CB, RB, RW, DM, backup LB, CM, elite/clinical striker.

For the striker I’m totally fine with Rashford and Lukaku rotating unless they get a true top tier talent.

Reactions: Gecklund

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
Koulibaly would be amazing. Him anchoring things beside Lindelof or Bailey would solidify things so much.

Anyway, I agree with also needing to replace Matic or at the very least provide a solid rotation option as well as targeting a RW so that Lingard can be a rotational option.

Overall in order I’d put the priorities in order as CB, RB, RW, DM, backup LB, CM, elite/clinical striker.

For the striker I’m totally fine with Rashford and Lukaku rotating unless they get a true top tier talent.

Yup basically my thoughts as well. I can’t tbink of a RW we should target though. Seems to be kind of a weak position right now.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
Yep if possible I’d love to add someone like Hysaj and Telles too.

Yeah absolutely we have a few spots we need to shore up for sure. But Koulibaly is all I really want this summer if he’s the only guy we got this summer I’d be more than happy.

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
How much was Beckham’s base salary?

He certainly made more in all than 250k per week. And if 250k per week is correct I’m guessing Rooney was at something like that? Not sure. Bale?

But yeah. Run down your contract before turning 30 and you will get paid. Can only imagine the money Eriksen would be paid if he did the same.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
How much was Beckham’s base salary?

He certainly made more in all than 250k per week. And if 250k per week is correct I’m guessing Rooney was at something like that? Not sure. Bale?

But yeah. Run down your contract before turning 30 and you will get paid. Can only imagine the money Eriksen would be paid if he did the same.
Yeah, I'm amazed that the top players don't just band together and force this to normalcy.

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
Yeah, I'm amazed that the top players don't just band together and force this to normalcy.

There is an argument for injuries. If Eriksen tears his ACL come December he could suddenly lose out on a lot of money. But hockey players seem fine accepting that risk so not sure why it is this different for football players. Some seem to feel a moral obligation to the team they are playing for, but that certainly doesn´t go for all.

I´m still waiting for this to become the norm. Even more so among the smaller leagues. If you are a professional player on GBP 100k per YEAR and you might get paid GBP 500k-1m extra (sign-on fee and/or salary) by running down your contract that would have huge impact on your life. In many countries that is the difference between being well paid (but not necessarily more than mid to high level managers in regular firms) to being somewhat "rich". And it might be the difference between having to find a regular job after you retire and having the freedom to do a bit more like you want.

I do believe it happens more among these kind of players, but still not as often as I would expect. If I were making 100k a year I believe I would have ran down my contract (maybe not fully if it was a boyhood team). Sign two/three times through your career on a free and that is a nice little cushion for life after.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
So Mesut Ozil has now missed 100 games. He has been at Arsenal for 313 competitive matches.... He has missed basically 1/3 of all games possible, that is TERRIBLE!

East Coast Bias

Feb 28, 2014
NYC
Lingard & Martial are both out 2-3 weeks.

That sucks. There aren't subs available to get back to playing the style that was working.

Lukaku slows the game down. Mata isn't fast enough for a wing/outside role. Rashford is better through the middle than outside. Sanchez is just terrible.

Havre

Jul 24, 2011

That sucks. There aren't subs available to get back to playing the style that was working.

Lukaku slows the game down. Mata isn't fast enough for a wing/outside role. Rashford is better through the middle than outside. Sanchez is just terrible.

You sound like Mourinho ;)

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016

Apparently Sanchez got hurt before he come on at PSG to. Guess he and the linesman collided and did something to his knee. Think it was just a knock so he shouldn’t be out long but he won’t play on Monday.

Il Mediano

Feb 24, 2018
Yep if possible I’d love to add someone like Hysaj and Telles too.

Hysaj is kinda overrated, imo. Wouldn't offer the attacking quality (I think) United would be looking for. Pretty stellar in buildup/possession , though..as you would expect from a Sarri trained player.

Not sure he has the athleticism to be a really good prem fullback.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad