Pre-Game Talk: pregame canesisles game 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unsustainable

Seth Jarvis is Elite
Apr 14, 2012
North Carolina
0433228E-5331-4830-AEED-BBE5FC6D0AF0.jpeg
The NHL took away an assist from Slavin last night.

We cannot allow this aggression to stand.

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
Do you all think it would be a smart thing for the Islanders coach to switch up the goalie for game 4? Would that be an advantage for the Canes or the Islanders? Like has the guy been sitting for several games and could he be rusty or could a switch be what the Islanders need to motivate them a bit ?
I think it would be a mistake. Lehner has NOT been the problem in this series. In fact, in my opinion he's been their best player. I can't see Greiss playing any better than how Lehner has been playing. Yeah, he's been a Canes killer in the past, but this is NOT the same Canes team that he's feasted on in prior games. That would reek of making a move for the sake of making a move, and I'm not sure it would really help. Plus, Lehner is a Vezina finalist. The Isles are already mentally down, and I think taking their best player off the ice would backfire, badly.

The Isles are struggling because they don't have any scorers. If you play Greiss tonight, you're basically saying you have to shut out the Canes to win. That's a tall task for him.

Stubu

Dec 16, 2015
F.
That's a whole lotta big words, I like it. Now that Aho and Teräväinen has played pretty much (I like the team as whole, but as a Finn... but fans don't matter where they are), I'm ready for youtube highlights after the season to get my fix.

Hope they will have to make extended editions... soooo, I guess I'm okey for more material!

I guess this place is like hotel california; you can check out anytime you like, but you can never leave.
I'm trying to sell my crackpot theory that EU is only a ruse by Finland and operated from an underground room in Helsinki to InfoWars and the remaining UKIP loonies. Still needs a bit of more work to be (in)credible enough.

Reactions: Tryamw

Finnish Jerk Train

lol stupid mickey mouse organization
Apr 7, 2008
Raleigh
I'm trying to sell my crackpot theory that EU is only a ruse by Finland and operated from an underground room in Helsinki to InfoWars and the remaining UKIP loonies. Still needs a bit of more work to be (in)credible enough.
This might be a hard sell. They might not actually believe Finland exists.

Last edited:

Stubu

Dec 16, 2015
F.
This might be a hard sell. They might not actually believe Finland exists.
So... would Finland in turn be a proxy for North Korea or (((Communist))) Cooba?

Edit: This could be an easy sell for the weirdo 4Chan crowd. Finland in fact had a president called Kekkonen more or less unconstitutionally for a quarter century (and a major playa with Kremlin). There was a joke back then that we live in Kekkoslovakia. So much kek there. (And a Czech connection to boot, eh MrV?)

Stubu

Dec 16, 2015
F.
There being two Sebastian Ahos is a clitch, and a proof for the Finland Conspiracy.
And what about Finnish elite goalie Makelainen emerging as the mysterious "McElhinney"? Moar consp'racy, I say.

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
Yes, somebody was drunk at the knobs and dials.
"No! He will be shized like Shaku Koivu and shpeak oulu! *roll* *roll*"
"Now look what you did. You used the stupid Swede name again moron."

backwards motion

Sep 29, 2017
To prove my "I don't know what the hell your talking about", not to be turned into "I'm not reading that". I'm reading that.

I have no bias from Finland, but that's been with me always. To be honest, my father (RIP :( ) was like really disliking swedes (our second language by the law), and I was always trying to have their back, because I had friends (from the part of swedish speaking finns). That may have been the factor that I don't judge by the colour or even nationality, if the align with mine. And I still respect them if they are reasonable. The wars are not now. You probably know all this by now, but some might not. Finland is a small country, so yeah, I'm proud of our youngsters. Still, not knocking anyone down because they are from somewhere else. Even from USA or Canada (referring to prospects). It's like... may the best man win. And after that, may the best man win in 5-10 years.

I won't eraze that. Though I was just... writing. Doesn't help anybody. Maybe know me more but that's about it.

My theory is, even thought I might be water pressudiced atheist, you are how you treat people. Or is was it Buddha? I'm none of them but it's easier to shine a light to something when, I do care, but I don't have to hate anyone.

P.s. @Stubu I said about the short version earlier. And even this isn't the long version. Maybe you have to just wait and see when the long version of my post will pop up and bore evevyone in tears. Maybe.... maybe. Stay tuned to find out! ;)

Ay Caramba that's deep. You can sweep the Isles and you can sweep me under the rug for being me.

Have no idea what is going on in my mind, but... go Canes? We ain't candy anymore.

P.s. Might as well say hi to Tryamw and Unsustainable. I feel their coming no what. Hi there, hope you have a pleasant day. Kind regards, your foreign Jerk.

backwards motion

Sep 29, 2017
"No! He will be shized like Shaku Koivu and shpeak oulu! *roll* *roll*"
"Now look what you did. You used the stupid Swede name again moron."
Well that's a hell of a quote, but... I never really thought of it about Aho. He's like the high IQ:d one that's not big and skates well and has a lot of heart. He had his strugles with cancer and all but at least the Finns and the teams he played knew how good he was. Even in nationals, he was a catalyst. Aho is really similar in a way. True leader.

I shouldn't write too much because I may overcompensate on my Finn persmission for the boards.

Anyway, I hope there's a game soon and some people playing for us make us proud and such. You can knock on wood but please don't knock my head when I'm as sleep. I wake up and I don't like that. Thanks.

backwards motion

Sep 29, 2017
Our Aho is Swedish.
I think since your country has produced so much good, in forms of tennis (had a to do a jab since I played) and hockey... and floorhockey ... and music in metal forms which I love (though I admire your popband earlier too). You can keep your Aho, ours have somehow turned into a Seabass. What a mutation on ice!

But yeah, you have your stars, it's great. Not gonna discredit you in anyway. I really think that there's some rivalry (even in forms of Dahlin/Heiskainen), but I don't even see the "hatred" that once was. Now it's more friendly rivalry like brothers. The mediocre sized countries battling against big big hockey nations?

Well that's my take on it. Hope you a good weekend. :)

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
Our Aho is Swedish.
Yes. Finland Conspiracy has it that the supposed "Finland" is actually a bay in the Baltic Sea that the Japanese use for robbery fishing and cover it by claiming that there's a county landmass there instead of sea. "Finland" is a bit of giveaway name really.

The people claimed to be Finnish in reality comes from Swedish and Russian towns on the shore of that sea. Two Sebastians Aho are presumably a hiccup in the matrix.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad