Status
Not open for further replies.

Stubu

Dec 16, 2015
F.
BACKWARDS MOTION, WE'RE HERE FOR YOU.

WE'RE LOUD LIKE THE BUILDING.

WE WILL HOLD YOUR HAND OR BOTH OF THEM.

THIS IS EUROPEAN CZECH-SUOM COOPERATION SO IT HAS UNLIMITED BUDGETING EVEN WITHOUT ENGLAND (WE STILL HAVE SCOTLAND AND MAYBE WALES IN FINLAND OOPS EU)

FEAR NOT, INTROVERT IS OUR FAVORITE FOOD

backwards motion

Sep 29, 2017
That's a whole lotta big words, I like it. Now that Aho and Teräväinen has played pretty much (I like the team as whole, but as a Finn... but fans don't matter where they are), I'm ready for youtube highlights after the season to get my fix.

Hope they will have to make extended editions... soooo, I guess I'm okey for more material!

I guess this place is like hotel california; you can check out anytime you like, but you can never leave.

PayPay

Apr 29, 2019
Greenville, NC
Do you all think it would be a smart thing for the Islanders coach to switch up the goalie for game 4? Would that be an advantage for the Canes or the Islanders? Like has the guy been sitting for several games and could he be rusty or could a switch be what the Islanders need to motivate them a bit ?

Reactions: Unsustainable

Stubu

Dec 16, 2015
F.
That's a whole lotta big words, I like it. Now that Aho and Teräväinen has played pretty much (I like the team as whole, but as a Finn... but fans don't matter where they are), I'm ready for youtube highlights after the season to get my fix.

Hope they will have to make extended editions... soooo, I guess I'm okey for more material!

I guess this place is like hotel california; you can check out anytime you like, but you can never leave.
You can never leave.

On the access front, DTMTS.com has the highlights every day a day late without the usual shitmegaton of advertising, but I'd *love more footage on other plays and on the audience.

Everything is somewhere on Youtube but I'm too old for that shit. Somebody else do the dumpster diving. And you have to remember to turn the audio off because, inevitably, soundtrack. There should be an International Law that the Soundtrack of random Hockey youtube compilation Must be Darude Sandstorm and No Other, then it would be tolerable or something you get used to over time.

[We don't throw *love around like Muricans do. it's serious. We may like stuff but then we say so, or usually we don't but we assume someone interpreted it as such and it goes wrong, but we almost gave positive feedback. tsk tsk, Muricans. Word inflation is a big problem.]

backwards motion

Sep 29, 2017
Do you all think it would be a smart thing for the Islanders coach to switch up the goalie for game 4? Would that be an advantage for the Canes or the Islanders? Like has the guy been sitting for several games and could he be rusty or could a switch be what the Islanders need to motivate them a bit ?
That's a question that would be answered by someone way brighter than me.

I'll give it a go though.

I don't know really that much about their goal tenders, but if I've seen correctly. Might have not. Their goalie has been good and not a problem. Trowing another one in there might be a normal season move, but games have been close. If the team isn't motivated with reasonable goal tending. Then there is something else wrong in my opinion.

Sure there might be some desperation right now for the Isles, but... doubt that would make a difference if Carolina plays its game. Gritty, determined with some luck.

But yeah, can't chance my stance. We have a smart core that can break through. Sure Isles need to score more, but we have been all over that and I don't think goelie of this caliber will chance it. I just don't see it.

Still, not an expert, or even know which is a good advice. That's why I write here in the middle of the night, when they coaches are resting and later analyzing things.

PayPay

Apr 29, 2019
Greenville, NC
That's a question that would be answered by someone way brighter than me.

I'll give it a go though.

I don't know really that much about their goal tenders, but if I've seen correctly. Might have not. Their goalie has been good and not a problem. Trowing another one in there might be a normal season move, but games have been close. If the team isn't motivated with reasonable goal tending. Then there is something else wrong in my opinion.

Sure there might be some desperation right now for the Isles, but... doubt that would make a difference if Carolina plays its game. Gritty, determined with some luck.

But yeah, can't chance my stance. We have a smart core that can break through. Sure Isles need to score more, but we have been all over that and I don't think goelie of this caliber will chance it. I just don't see it.

Still, not an expert, or even know which is a good advice. That's why I write here in the middle of the night, when they coaches are resting and later analyzing things.
Thanks for your analysis. It is much more thorough and smarter than mine would have been. In my personal opinion I stick with the guy that has got them to the 2nd Round. I have always been told making last minute changes can be a mistake and you should always go with the first option. I know sports are different than let’s say an exam, but it is something that I have always lived by.

backwards motion

Sep 29, 2017
Thanks for your analysis. It is much more thorough and smarter than mine would have been. In my personal opinion I stick with the guy that has got them to the 2nd Round. I have always been told making last minute changes can be a mistake and you should always go with the first option. I know sports are different than let’s say an exam, but it is something that I have always lived by.

Not a problem. And believe me, that was the short version. :D

I mean I could go for hours thinking scenarios, but had to keep it forum friendly. So many ways to look at it from many perspectives. For now, that's what came to my mind. We are at the drivers seat. Might be weird, but it's a good position to be in!

Stubu

Dec 16, 2015
F.
Swedes still owe us the bling they pillaged in 1648.

You gotta know where to look. Rule of thumb is that while great pubs are often named by an animal, beer shouldn’t be named by an animal.
Carl XII and his equally idiotic ancestors owe half Europe if you go by that. Both sides and Magdeburg and so on.

I like pubs named by garden tools (The Plough!), mythical animals (Punane Traakon!), or not named. I'd say beer can be named after an animal if it's selected carefully. I wouldn't drink lynx beer but I like bear beer. (I like wolves and foxes too much to attempt to nutrify them.)

Reactions: Unsustainable

Stubu

Dec 16, 2015
F.
Not a problem. And believe me, that was the short version. :D

I mean I could go for hours thinking scenarios, but had to keep it forum friendly. So many ways to look at it from many perspectives. For now, that's what came to my mind. We are at the drivers seat. Might be weird, but it's a good position to be in!
I want the long version. Come on, come on :D

backwards motion

Sep 29, 2017
I want the long version. Come on, come on :D

I'm sorry, but there's plenty more where that came from. It's almost 4 am and since it's not a GDT, that has to be it for now. I know, I know, you wanted an essay, but gotta leave something for later rounds.

Normal reaction is, btw, "I'm not reading that." when I stick my head to some GDT thread.

But I will come back, and I will write too much for a phone user to read. :P

Stubu

Dec 16, 2015
F.
Thinking about purchasing a jersey as well. What is the best place online and how much should I expect to spend? Right now I have T Shirt and Cap.
If you have only T shirt and cap, remember underpants. Weather is all over the place.

Serious now, expect to spend plenty. and be meticulous to know what you get and what the differences are. Adidas vs Reebook isn't about the maker necessarily but one can be significantly better, or inferior, than the nearly identical previous year model. Meaning, ask around first.

I have a silly Komarov jersey that's still going super strong after a decade. NT, not Isles, lol

PayPay

Apr 29, 2019
Greenville, NC
If you have only T shirt and cap, remember underpants. Weather is all over the place.

Serious now, expect to spend plenty. and be meticulous to know what you get and what the differences are. Adidas vs Reebook isn't about the maker necessarily but one can be significantly better, or inferior, than the nearly identical previous year model. Meaning, ask around first.

I have a silly Komarov jersey that's still going super strong after a decade. NT, not Isles, lol
Yes, I want something that last and it doesn’t necessarily have to be a player jersey.

Surrounded By Ahos

Las Vegas Desert Ducks Official Team Poster
Sponsor
May 24, 2008
Koko Miami
Andrei was a warrior
From the Land of Vlad Putin
With a hockey stick for hire
Scoring to be done

The draft was done in Dallas
On a hot and cloudy day
So he set out for PNC
To join the bloody fray

Through his rookie season
He played like he was at war
With his hands just like triggers
Always primed to score
The days and nights he battled
The Metro to their knees
He scored to earn his living
And to help out the Caniacs

Andrei the hockey player
Andrei the hockey player

He play the Stanley Cup champions
Ovechkin and the rest
But of all the hockey players
Andrei was the best
So the Caps all decided
They wanted Andrei dead
That son-of-a-bitch Ovechkin
Punched off Andrei’s Head

Andrei the Headless hockey player
(Time Time Time for another bunch of scores)

Russia's bravest son
(Time stands still for Andrei til he runs up the score)

They can still see his headless body
Skating through through the night
In the warm glow of Andrei having fun
In the warm flow of Andrei having fun

Andrei searched the continent
For the man who'd done him in
He found him in the capital
In a bar room drinkin' Gin
Roland aimed his hockey stick
He didn't say a word
But he blew Ovechkin’s body
From there to St Petersburg

Andrei the Headless Hockey player
Talkin about the man

The eternal Hockey player
Still wanderin through the night
Now it's ten games later
But he still keeps up the fight
In Raleigh, In Washington
Not Barclays, but in Nassau
Rob Lehner
Heard the flick
Of Andrei’s hockey stick
And got scored on

Sing set to the tune of Roland the Headless Thompson Gunner

Joe McGrath

Oct 29, 2009
Andrei was a warrior
From the Land of Vlad Putin
With a hockey stick for hire
Scoring to be done

The draft was done in Dallas
On a hot and cloudy day
So he set out for PNC
To join the bloody fray

Through his rookie season
He played like he was at war
With his hands just like triggers
Always primed to score
The days and nights he battled
The Metro to their knees
He scored to earn his living
And to help out the Caniacs

Andrei the hockey player
Andrei the hockey player

He play the Stanley Cup champions
Ovechkin and the rest
But of all the hockey players
Andrei was the best
So the Caps all decided
They wanted Andrei dead
That son-of-a-***** Ovechkin
Punched off Andrei’s Head

Andrei the Headless hockey player
(Time Time Time for another bunch of scores)

Russia's bravest son
(Time stands still for Andrei til he runs up the score)

They can still see his headless body
Skating through through the night
In the warm glow of Andrei having fun
In the warm flow of Andrei having fun

Andrei searched the continent
For the man who'd done him in
He found him in the capital
In a bar room drinkin' Gin
Roland aimed his hockey stick
He didn't say a word
But he blew Ovechkin’s body
From there to St Petersburg

Talkin about the man

The eternal Hockey player
Still wanderin through the night
Now it's ten games later
But he still keeps up the fight
In Raleigh, In Washington
Not Barclays, but in Nassau
Rob Lehner
Heard the flick
Of Andrei’s hockey stick
And got scored on

Sing set to the tune of Roland the Headless Thompson Gunner

This is my favorite song. It has no competitors, so whatever drivel you write here would warrant all the likes I have to give.

3CanesInTheBox

Bunch of (Actual) Jerks
Sponsor
Feb 22, 2019
Chatmandu
Yes, I want something that last and it doesn’t necessarily have to be a player jersey.

I don't currently live in NC so cant recommend any local stores for you. But, I'd do some online investigating. Google shop section can be helpful, but make sure you're buying from a reputable shop (nhl shop, dicksporting, fanatics, carolina pro shop etc) because if not you will either get a crappy/low quality jersey or --believe it or not--there are actual fake online stores now lol.

Depending on how patient you are, I regularly check the clearance section on the nhl shop and sometimes you can get a good deal on a jersey there, too.

Good luck!

Stubu

Dec 16, 2015
F.
Thinking about purchasing a jersey as well. What is the best place online and how much should I expect to spend? Right now I have T Shirt and Cap.
Remember the golden rule for elder gentlemen:

First pants, Then shoes.

Recipe for success in decent and weather proof wear.

("a jersey". What a joke. Gotta know what jersey. Williams jersey right now. Turbo jersey next series. Aho never goes out of fashion but its seasonal.)

Incubajerks

Feb 9, 2010
Roma

I already accepted the fact the we are going to see Greiss tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad