Pre-Game Talk: pregame canesisles game 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unsustainable

Seth Jarvis is Elite
Apr 14, 2012
North Carolina
FWIW, last night I brought my neighbor to the game. It was his first live hockey game since the IceCaps (!!!) and he had no Canes merch. He said he stopped by Target to pick up something off the "local teams" rack, and the Canes gear was completely wiped out except for infant-sized stuff.

That being said, one option is the "Pro Sports" store in Cary Towne Center. They're a surplus outlet and generally have a lot of Canes gear. Just know that it's usually older stuff (like they probably have ****loads of Jeff Skinner jerseys right now, if I had to guess) and the prices aren't cheap cheap. Probably in the $200 range for a name/number jersey.

How did he manager with the Infant clothes?

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
I really don't think it matters anymore; I truly believe that this team expects to win and doesn't care if anyone thinks we should win, lose, or are only playing 48 seconds of good hockey per game. We're going to take that 48 seconds and use it to put you down.
If all it takes to beat NY is 48 seconds, imagine if a team played a full 60 minutes

BladeRunner66

Two-Headed Jerk
Oct 23, 2017
@BladeRunner66 IS THE CONDUCTOR OF THE BANDWAGON TRAIN.
1080540.JPG

3CanesInTheBox

Bunch of (Actual) Jerks
Sponsor
Feb 22, 2019
Chatmandu
So this is funny. I may be able to get free tix to the game on Sunday --IF there is a game.

Weird flow of emotions. I'd still prefer we win fri tbh--bc--DUH--but I guess it might be some consolation if they do lose that I get to see them this round.

Anyway, hoping I have to tear the tix in half.

Let's get 'em!

Last edited:

3CanesInTheBox

Bunch of (Actual) Jerks
Sponsor
Feb 22, 2019
Chatmandu
Wife and I scored some of the 132.00 tickets last night. Road trip time.

Where is a good spot to buy canes gear before the game besides the eye? She wants a jersey and I won't let her touch my ancient Brindamour jersey. Anywhere in town with good prices? We haven't lived in NC for 10 years.

OMG!!!! i'm so happy for you guys! I really sympathized with your frustration over the prices. Have a freaking blast!

Nah I'd rather get her something nice from the eye. Jerseys online now are like 100-150. She thinks skinner is a brat so no.

I'll just take her to the eye. I bet gear IS wiped locallay and everything around here in Va is caps, which is odd, considering we are actually closer to raleigh.

How much of a rush is she in to get a jersey and what type of jersey does she want? The nhl shop has a couple of nice red home jerseys on clearance (but the sizes are, unsurprisingly limited). Either way, you may be able to get a better deal online and maybe just grab her a jerk shirt for the game (if they're in stock). Good luck.

Last edited:

Stubu

Dec 16, 2015
F.
BURN WITH US AND A FLAME SHALL BECOME A FIRESTORM.
You need a new Caps Lock the way you're hitting it. I recommend Cherry switches, almost impossible the find nowadays. (I keep making typos because my Dell or whatever HP kb is utter shit compared to the bona fide 1988 made IBM I had before and now miss trading. I was a fool.)

The way you talk resonates with me. This is alarming.

BURN THE WORLD OR AT LEAST LONG ISLAND

(and I like Barzal and Filppula)

Stubu

Dec 16, 2015
F.
Trying to find this data for obvious reasons but can't find it anywhere, if someone might point me in the right direction...

Does anyone know the overall stat is for a team's chance of winning the series immediately after having swept a team?

Hockey Reference has this, which is fascinating but doesn't quite have what I'm looking for: NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs, Historical Data | Hockey-Reference.com

Basically, when a team sweeps, what are their chances of winning the next round? It's interesting info in the whole "would you rather have rest or momentum" debate. Columbus and New York are obviously not doing anything to prove anything one way or the other so far this year. :laugh:
That's a freakishly good point and I'd want to see some (geek) do it. In more detail too.

But please don't use smileys that way. Supposed to be very heavy, very humble, as they say. We laugh at ourselves, or at so obvious cases.

Reactions: Unsustainable

MrazeksVengeance

VENGEANCE
Feb 27, 2018
You need a new Caps Lock the way you're hitting it. I recommend Cherry switches, almost impossible the find nowadays. (I keep making typos because my Dell or whatever HP kb is utter **** compared to the bona fide 1988 made IBM I had before and now miss trading. I was a fool.)

The way you talk resonates with me. This is alarming.

BURN THE WORLD OR AT LEAST LONG ISLAND

(and I like Barzal and Filppula)

I use Shift. Caps? Ugh.

Unless it’s game time I usually type on phone anyway.

Stubu

Dec 16, 2015
F.
I use Shift. Caps? Ugh.
You may have a smaller mobile keyboard. They call them laptops because you're not supposed to put it on a table but in your lap. Those computers typically have limited keyboards. There's really nothing you can do about this. If you don't have a Caps Lock key, then you don't have it. If you feel bad, it's about the most useless key in computing history since IBM moved on from 9-bit bytes in System 360 or so.

Are you Czech or Finn? I still can't tell. Slovak? Alandian? up north Sami?

Oh yes the Shift works just the same. LET ME TRY yes

Reactions: Unsustainable

MrazeksVengeance

VENGEANCE
Feb 27, 2018
You may have a smaller mobile keyboard. They call them laptops because you're not supposed to put it on a table but in your lap. Those computers typically have limited keyboards. There's really nothing you can do about this. If you don't have a Caps Lock key, then you don't have it. If you feel bad, it's about the most useless key in computing history since IBM moved on from 9-bit bytes in System 360 or so.

Are you Czech or Finn? I still can't tell. Slovak? Alandian? up north Sami?

Oh yes the Shift works just the same. LET ME TRY yes

Some say the most useless key is Scroll Lock. But hey iPhones just switch Shift key modes and I can hold Shift on PC as well.

Czech. I like Suomi for quite some tome though. I even know it’s Ålandian.

Stubu

Dec 16, 2015
F.
Can'tbe unhappy with the result, but Aho should have scored on that nearly 200ft breakaway. Can't disappoint ardent fans like that. The empties were nice but who counts them, I don't.

The whole bunha jerks things has been growing on me, but allow me to be slow. I'll join the fanbase in 2045 or so.

Stubu

Dec 16, 2015
F.
Some say the most useless key is Scroll Lock. But hey iPhones just switch Shift key modes and I can hold Shift on PC as well.

Czech. I like Suomi for quite some tome though. I even know it’s Ålandian.
I suffer from iPhones as well. I feel your pain.

Okay, czech then. And if you ask any Swede you're scary -- you know everything.

God I love Prague/Praha. Best pubs on the planet. Eat your heart out, Dublin.

MrazeksVengeance

VENGEANCE
Feb 27, 2018
I suffer from iPhones as well. I feel your pain.

Okay, czech then. And if you ask any Swede you're scary -- you know everything.

God I love Prague/Praha. Best pubs on the planet. Eat your heart out, Dublin.

Swedes still owe us the bling they pillaged in 1648.

You gotta know where to look. Rule of thumb is that while great pubs are often named by an animal, beer shouldn’t be named by an animal.

backwards motion

Sep 29, 2017
Sorry to bother when you're having a serious talk, but I'd like to say I'm still afraid. Little big things like there's no game tonight for us and even when the season is over, may it be when ever... I scared! What will I do. I neeeedz my hockey. I'd ask for Carolina fans to hold my hand so I'm not so afraid, but knowing you... I only have two hands and there would be coming so many that I'm no really ready for that either. Being a introvert comes with a little responsibility.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad