Confirmed with Link: Preds Sign Ribeiro (1Yr / $1.05 AAV)

ThirdManIn

Aug 9, 2009
We do need to be careful in discussing off ice issues. If you want to make a remark that is even vague like "substance abuse issues" it should be accompanied by a link to a reputable source reporting such issues. Obviously, more specific things are to be treated in the same fashion.

Just saying that now so that everyone is aware of our libel rule. I'm not calling anyone out in particular. Hell, I don't even know if anyone has said anything like that without a link since I've yet to read the entire thread.

preds1

Apr 2, 2010
TN
Depends on the sides, and the sauce :)

At least we don't have the Chicken.

:laugh::laugh:

what-you-did-there-i-see-it_thumbnail_zps952c173c.jpg

glenngineer

Jan 27, 2010
Franklin, TN
And while there have been rumors of off ice issues, I heard he was going through a nasty divorce, not the others that have been discussed. Divorce can be a really bad thing to deal with as well.

Flgatorguy87

Jul 7, 2011
East Nasty
Sounds like Ribs is looking for a new start in a new community for the family. Mentioned they are buying a house here so if he is motivated I would think he'd be happy to extend and resign here granted things go well.

Everybody falls in love with this place when raising a family, and I wouldn't think he'd be any exception.

bdub24

iNsErT bAnNeR jOkE hErE
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2013
La la land
As far as Ribs calling Poile, maybe he knows Poile has a reputation, as well as the organization, for helping guys turn their lives around or giving guys chances who are in the midst of turning them around, see Tootoo, McGrattan and Clune. For all the knocks we take as a franchise about this and that, this part of our franchise I'm extremely proud of. Not many teams do that because it's about winning but helping lives out is also a big thing that is lost in society. Good job Poile.

What a great point to remind everybody of. It IS an awesome aspect of this org and something to be proud of for sure.

ThirdManIn

Aug 9, 2009
And while there have been rumors of off ice issues, I heard he was going through a nasty divorce, not the others that have been discussed. Divorce can be a really bad thing to deal with as well.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news...ro-has-replaced-mayhem-with-maturit/?page=all

That article is from January of last year. He talks about how getting a divorce snapped him out of his partying ways, but, again, it was the beginning of last year. I'm still looking for something substantive to link with regard to his time in Phoenix and off ice/locker room issues there.

Flgatorguy87

Jul 7, 2011
East Nasty
3 center signings that you can argue are all top 6 centers for a total of about 4.5 mil.

That's almost as much as we pay Gaustad.

RaiderDoug

Feb 5, 2007
Knoxville
Awesome deal. We get a potentially legit point-producing #1C with virtually no risk.

His lockout year was awesome - he was scoring at a 22-61-83 pace.

If we get that Ribeiro - :yo:

AtlantaWhaler

Thrash/Preds/Sabres
Jul 3, 2009
Awesome deal. We get a potentially legit point-producing #1C with virtually no risk.

His lockout year was awesome - he was scoring at a 22-61-83 pace.

If we get that Ribeiro - :yo:

That would be insane. Especially considering that 35 of that 61 would be from a Neil goal.

Byrddog

Lifer
Nov 23, 2007
Very reviling in the presser. Set to bed that Smith will be on the second line and it hopefully will generate two scoring lines. Granted Riberio is not a favorite of mine but EVERYONE deserves a chance, if it does not work out its gonna suck. But if he does the 1C situation is answered for a couple years and Jarnkrok can cut his teeth and be ready to take over. And Roy will help the team all arround we needed that center to play the PK I would not want to depend on Joke...

Damn you Poile I think you have just cost me 10k I like the feeling this team is starting to have now. Yes I said that... Now I need to get in touch with my ticket agent Damn you Poile.....

bdub24

iNsErT bAnNeR jOkE hErE
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2013
La la land
Very reviling in the presser. Set to bed that Smith will be on the second line and it hopefully will generate two scoring lines. Granted Riberio is not a favorite of mine but EVERYONE deserves a chance, if it does not work out its gonna suck. But if he does the 1C situation is answered for a couple years and Jarnkrok can cut his teeth and be ready to take over. And Roy will help the team all arround we needed that center to play the PK I would not want to depend on Joke...

Damn you Poile I think you have just cost me 10k I like the feeling this team is starting to have now. Yes I said that... Now I need to get in touch with my ticket agent Damn you Poile.....

OH MY! See ya there - I wont be hard to spot, since my Jersey is the same as my Screen Name here.

AdmiralsFan24

Mar 22, 2011
Wisconsin
I feel a trade comin'.

As for Ribeiro, I hope I'm eating a full plate of crow. I'm not a fan. Hopefully, he's been fully interviewed and has been humbled.

I could see a trade if these weren't one year deals. These signings scream stop gap to give the kids an extra year of development to make sure they're ready.

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
I could see a trade if these weren't one year deals. These signings scream stop gap to give the kids an extra year of development to make sure they're ready.

The great thing about these signing is that they are one year deals. If the guys play well and make the playoffs you can look at resigning one or two of them that you may still need and let the others go. If you are out of playoffs come trade deadline time they are good enough guys you can probably offload and get some reasonable picks for them.

Privy

#ShutUpStu
Nov 25, 2011
Sounds like Ribs and his wife were looking at houses before a contract was even mentioned. If he does work out here, I expect him to hang around until the tank's empty. Really like the signing.

triggrman

Where is Hipcheck85
Sponsor
May 8, 2002
Murfreesboro, TN
hfboards.com
Listening to him in the press conference sounds like he wants to focus on his family and may have been letting outside issues affect his family life.

Nashville does have a great nightlife but it's still also family oriented. Maybe this is exactly what he needs.

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
Could be a situation where the city, not the team landed the guy. I'm sure its gotten around to the players that if you wanna play hockey and raise a family in a nice city, you can't do much better than Nashville.

I really hope the guy does well, everyone likes a turn around story.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad