Confirmed with Link: Preds Sign Ribeiro (1Yr / $1.05 AAV)

AtlantaWhaler

Thrash/Preds/Sabres
Jul 3, 2009
I feel a trade comin'.

As for Ribeiro, I hope I'm eating a full plate of crow. I'm not a fan. Hopefully, he's been fully interviewed and has been humbled.

VanIslander

A 19-year ATDer on HfBoards
Sep 4, 2004
South Korea
Awesome! value at that price and term!

258px-WeirdTalesv36n1pg068_Shocked_Woman.png

"Can it really be true?"

Mercalius

Apr 23, 2013
Can't overly complain from a risk/reward scenario unless he has an adverse effect on our youth. For the price, you don't find many players with similar upside.

INDhockeyfan

Apr 6, 2012
1 yr 1M is worth the risk. It is dirt cheap and Fisher hopefully should be back mid season so if he's a problem send him to the pressbox or put him on waivers. Have to think Laviolette had a good talk with him and gave Poile the green light to give Riberio a chance

Mercalius

Apr 23, 2013
Retweeted by Robby Stanley
Josh Rimer ‏@JoshRimerHockey 5m
Was told to expect Predators to also announce Derek Roy signing at Riberio press conference in next hour.

Roman Yoshi

Aug 16, 2009
Franklin, TN
Really don't like this addition. I want to let the kids play, not have a headcase ruining the locker room.

Wow this year is going to be interesting. You gotta think Poile is going to make a trade though, we have like, 17 NHL ready forwards now. We have quantity, I'll give you that, but we lack quality.

Clune
Wilson
Watson
Beck
Stalberg
Ribs
Fisher (IR)
Neal
Smith
Cullen
Jokinen
Sissons
Goose
Nystrom
Borque
Jarnkrok
Forsberg

Cashville

RIP Lindback
Apr 12, 2011
Denver
Haha posted this like an hour ago in the 2014-15 lineup thread.

Cashville said:
If he's willing to take a 1 year deal, I'd still chance it. He's likely looking for an opportunity to put the Maloney comments / buyout situation aside and may be willing to settle down to remain in the NHL. We have the cap space and roster room for this type of gamble. He's a year removed from 49 points in 48 games and was a fairly consistent 55-70 pt player.

I agree with AtlantaWhaler's reservations, but I think we all need to agree that, for this term and cap hit, there is virtually no risk to the signing even if he is scratched for all 82 games. Great job Poile.

alexmanu

Jan 1, 2011
United Kingdom
Haha posted this like an hour ago in the 2014-15 lineup thread.

I agree with AtlantaWhaler's reservations, but I think we all need to agree that, for this term and cap hit, there is virtually no risk to the signing even if he is scratched for all 82 games. Great job Poile.

He's only earning a couple-hundred grand more than Rich Clune!!! :D

Roman Yoshi

Aug 16, 2009
Franklin, TN
This move is a strong no confidence vote on our young guys like Wilson, especially if we sign Roy too. I don't mind the additions, apart from it decreasing the time our youngsters have in the NHL. We could actually be a playoff team though with these additions.

dougie1107

Jul 6, 2012
Memphis
The only young guy that would've had a chance to produce would've been Wilson or Jarnkrok if they were lucky enough to center Neal and Wilson.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad