Pre-Game Talk: Preds @ Sens

Status
Not open for further replies.

God Says No

Mar 16, 2012
Never understood why ppl complain about the most pointless things especially a shutdown line who has pretty much done their job

We need to get the 2nd line going and the top line needs to be more consistent. Those are bigger worries

Disagreed with this part. They regularly get hemmed in our zone and overall have played poorly together. Spreading out the 4th line to other lines will not get the 2nd line going in my opinion.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Never understood why ppl complain about the most pointless things especially a shutdown line who has pretty much done their job

We need to get the 2nd line going and the top line needs to be more consistent. Those are bigger worries

Its complain worthy when that line can be so easily upgraded. by just putting condra in.

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
I'm 3-0 at CTC this season. Let's keep this streak going!

i don't usually make bets on hockey games, but to make your streak more interesting i'm going to bet any takers my house that starling goes 4-0

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Its complain worthy when that line can be so easily upgraded. by just putting condra in.

Like it or not, NHL GMs and coaches still see value in what Neil brings. While Condra imo would be a better fit on that line, the argument is the group as a whole suffers without Neil (be it his leadership, hits grinding down the opposition, intimidation, policing, occasional momentum changing hit or fight). Condra does none of that, but is better at just about everything else.

To bad we don't have a lucic, he'd make most of what Neil brings redundant and help our top 6.

starling

Nov 7, 2010
Ottawa
Bruce Garrioch ‏@SunGarrioch 6m6 minutes ago
Lehner will start. #Sens

Bruce Garrioch ‏@SunGarrioch 6m6 minutes ago
Phillips good to go. Lazar has a minor injury. Greening will play #Sens

Sarcasticus

Mar 25, 2010
Ottawa
I know people are bummed about the Greening - Legwand - Ryan line, but the optimist in me thinks that Greening's speed could be a big asset. If Ryan/Legger gain the zone, possess the puck, Greener drives hard to the net... could work.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Like it or not, NHL GMs and coaches still see value in what Neil brings. While Condra imo would be a better fit on that line, the argument is the group as a whole suffers without Neil (be it his leadership, hits grinding down the opposition, intimidation, policing, occasional momentum changing hit or fight). Condra does none of that, but is better at just about everything else.

To bad we don't have a lucic, he'd make most of what Neil brings redundant and help our top 6.

I can see a team valuing neil in the playoffs.. he always brings it in the post season. but a team like ours.. i dont get it.. i would think he goes to a contender at the deadline if were not in the hunt.

DrunkUncleDenis

Condra Fan
Mar 27, 2012
Not to add despair to this whole convo but Michalek was mostly in talks with LA at the time... for........ dat's right.... Toffoli.

WHAT-IS-THIS-i3i95o.jpg

TheNewEra

Jul 10, 2013
im looking forward to seeing the hoffman-zibanejad-stone line, lets see if that helps zibby out, maybe allows us to have 2 good lines. Also lets see if smith bounces back playing as a C

TheNewEra

Jul 10, 2013
We already have two good lines with the top line and the kid line

the top line hasnt been as good as it can be without ryan imo, if we get the zibby line going without ryan i wouldnt be surprised if ryan goes back on the top line

MOTOR
Hoffman-Zibby-Stone
Lazar-Legwand-Chiasson
Michalek-Smith-Neil

but thats if the zibby line gets going it will also be better in the long run since that line would be playing 2nd line minutes vs 3rd line minutes, so a couple of minutes more of good shifts per game

PoutineSp00nZ

Electricity is really just organized lightning.
Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa

Pretty much. Guys like Ryan and Zibanijad have held the sens back more this season than Smith, Neil and Michalek.

Last edited:

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
does anyone else think chiasson looks awkward playing with turris and macarthur... he just doesnt fit there.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
He hasn't been ideal but he hasn't been bad either

It's a tough fit for a sophomore to be on the top line

I'm fine with trying it out for a few more games

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad