Not open for further replies.

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
Na Washington wouldn't have trades forsberg to the east

I would have picked erat too for this reason

Never got this logic.

Washington clearly didn't think much of Forsberg as a prospect. Why would they be afraid to trade him inside the conference? And besides it's not like we're a competitor in their division.

Pred303

Oct 8, 2004
Murfreesboro, Tn.
ever since we teamed up in the pred-sen underdog alliance years ago, you guys have been my favorite east team, so other than tonight, best of luck, lol.

hope legwand works out for you, always liked the guy. skating was his strength, and made his game. scored most of his points off the rush. wondered when he lost a step or two if his game would deteriorate badly. was always a good man on man guy and a great fore and back checking centerman in our old systems. used to infuriate me that he didn't look for the shot, as he had a good wrister, but was always the look for the pass first, too offensively passive guy in the o zone. decent pp halfboard quarterback in his time with us, biggest failing there was never aggressively looking for his own shot off the halfboard. always had a knack for looking for and kicking the puck back out to any open dmen on the points from down low. benefited a lot from having guys like weber spotting up. hope there is enough left in the tank to help you guys.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Not to add despair to this whole convo but Michalek was mostly in talks with LA at the time... for........ dat's right.... Toffoli.

If i was tech savvy , i would put a gif of the moment of the matrix when neo looks all confused when he discovers hes the one.

because i am confused by this comment, and demand some sort of proof.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Michalek-Smith-Neil is gonna get ugly unless they play 10mins or less.

I think they'll be fine. Smith and Michalek are fine defensively, and Neil has been good in that regard this year. Smith is much better playing center than wing too.

Don't expect any offense out of them, but I don't think they'll burn us.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
I think they'll be fine. Smith and Michalek are fine defensively, and Neil has been good in that regard this year. Smith is much better playing center than wing too.

Don't expect any offense out of them, but I don't think they'll burn us.

I expect this line to get stuck in our zone for a long time... and i know blah blah (not directed towards you in anyway) theyre a fourth line theyre grinders... but put condra on that line and suddenly they arent stuck in their own zone as much. and we have four lines that can potentially play in the opposing zone.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
I expect this line to get stuck in our zone for a long time... and i know blah blah (not directed towards you in anyway) theyre a fourth line theyre grinders... but put condra on that line and suddenly they arent stuck in their own zone as much. and we have four lines that can potentially play in the opposing zone.

I've been a supporter of Condra over neil for a while, but for whatever reason (toughness, leadership, fighting) the coach is not going to scratch Neil for Condra, even if it makes the line better. I like what Neil has done for us, but imo he isn't what we need anymore. Gryba, Boro, Cowen, and Smith can handle the policing role by comittee. Once Methot gets back, that's one more. None of them are heavyweight fighters per say, but I don't think that element is needed anymore.

Benjamin

Differently Financed
Jun 14, 2010
yes
That line would be so much more acceptable with Condra/ some other winger on RW instead of Neil

Yup. I wouldn't mind that line at all with Condra. Would probably actually like it.

Michalek-Smith-Neil = 0 hockey sense, 0 offense, average defense but will be stuck in the D zone.

Nordic*

Oct 12, 2006
Tellus
Nashville, like Calgary, has overperformed thus far. They aren't really as good as the standings indicate.

They will come down to earth eventually, perhaps we'll take them there.

6-1 Ottawa!!!:sarcasm:

Rals

Apr 5, 2011
Ottawa
Nashville ain't that great. They have no middle. Just a big hockey playing doughnut. We got this.

God Says No

Mar 16, 2012
NSH are no joke. Solid G and D. It's going to be hard scoring against them. This feels like another loss.

3-1 NSH.

Sens Mile

Sep 1, 2008
Greening-Legwand-Ryan (shutters)

This is what happens when we have only 4 top six fowards

Still miss Vermette

Mar 2, 2013
Brent Wallace ‏@tsn_wally 21m21 minutes ago
Should be: greening-Legwand-Ryan; MacArthur-Turris-Chiasson; Michalek-Smith-Neil; Hoffman-Zibanejad-Stone

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Greening-Legwand-Ryan (shutters)

This is what happens when we have only 4 top six fowards

Everything I've heard or seen has Greening in the pressbox and Zibanejad on the wing. Has there been an injury?

edit: Is Lazar hurt??? Why are we scratching him of all people?

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
Never got this logic.

Washington clearly didn't think much of Forsberg as a prospect. Why would they be afraid to trade him inside the conference? And besides it's not like we're a competitor in their division.

They picked him pretty high I am sure they thought highly of him maybe they just thought highly of erat as well

Sens Mile

Sep 1, 2008
Everything I've heard or seen has Greening in the pressbox and Zibanejad on the wing. Has there been an injury?

edit: Is Lazar hurt??? Why are we scratching him of all people?

He tried skating but had to come off

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
Never understood why ppl complain about the most pointless things especially a shutdown line who has pretty much done their job

We need to get the 2nd line going and the top line needs to be more consistent. Those are bigger worries

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad