Pre-Game Talk: Preds @ Sens

Status
Not open for further replies.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
There's a game or something on Thursday, hope we do better than the leafs did.

Lineup at practice
MacArthur-Turris-Chiasson; Zibanejad-Legwand-Ryan; michalek-Smith-Neil; Hoffman-Lazar-Stone.

2nd line should be interesting... Glad to see smith at center.

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
and the only line that stays consistent is the kid line.
Note: the 3 of them went to the coach and asked to stay together.

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa

Lineup at practice
MacArthur-Turris-Chiasson; Zibanejad-Legwand-Ryan; michalek-Smith-Neil; Hoffman-Lazar-Stone.

Not bad but I would switch Chiasson and Ryan.
Michalek is about where he should be: third line winger, and Smith too at center instead of wing.
The so-called fourth Kid Line should get more ice time than 4th lines sometimes get.

operasen

Apr 27, 2004

Lineup at practice

I've been curious to see if they'd give him a shot on the wing, although I thought he was a right handed shot. Legwand getting some good talent to play with. Should set Ryan's table nicely.

That 3rd line better concentrate on shutdown and be the 4th line with 10 minutes or such. Play the kids...

bigsby

Jul 11, 2014
Ottawa

I keep hearing this thrown around, as well as the notion that this simply isn't true and was just light hearted banter between the TSN 1200 guys. Do you have a source for this?

BigBush*

Yes I wanted Legwand to have a shot as 2C, plus Michalek out if the top 6, could be good

Icelevel

Sep 9, 2009
I keep hearing this thrown around, as well as the notion that this simply isn't true and was just light hearted banter between the TSN 1200 guys. Do you have a source for this?

i believe maclean said this a week or 2 ago. he wasn't joking

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Michalek is about where he should be: third line winger, and Smith too at center instead of wing.
The so-called fourth Kid Line should get more ice time than 4th lines sometimes get.

I agree with this, Smith on the wing just wasn't working. Blown coverage and he wasn't skating well.

Any change to get Zibanejad going will be a good one, I also like the idea of Legwand dishing to the RW.

Icelevel

Sep 9, 2009
You are joking though, right?
MacLean was asked about this line and he said it was Cameron's idea.

i'm not joking. he said he was impressed that the 3 of them came to him and asked to be played together. I'm not trying to make a point that players need to ask him to play together, just that is maybe a bit funny in this situation that they are the 3 that are still together. You know? like...'all you have to do is ask' kind of joke.

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria

Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuude, this didn't happen. Please stop posting this as fact.

Apparently, this never happened! It has been shown to have been a made up story by a guy who emailed into a show.

Edit: gotta post a link to prove, I remember when this happened and I think it was Mendes who commented that there was no chance it happened this way, in response to a fan emailing into the show.

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria

Trying to spread out the offence. I understand, especially if we're able to find a way to get Zib going. Otherwise we're a one line team with some nice sheltered rookies.

Icelevel

Sep 9, 2009
Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuude, this didn't happen. Please stop posting this as fact.

Repeat, this never happened! It has been shown to have been a made up story by a guy who emailed into a show.

I imagine that once you come to grips that you're opinion here is based on a lie, you might change your tune.

Ok, I didn't mean to make into a big thing. I usually trust my memory, but it's possible i'm mistaken. Unfortunately I won't believe it until I hear the Maclean interview again where he talks about it. I can't find it right now (because it doesn't exist?:laugh:).

pepty

Let's win it all
Feb 22, 2005
You are joking though, right?
MacLean was asked about this line and he said it was Cameron's idea.

ON one of the TV broadcasts-on TSN I think they said it was something Mark Reeds
thought could be interesting.And yes I know he works more on defense.
This line has many fathers!

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
Ok, I didn't mean to make into a big thing. I usually trust my memory, but it's possible i'm mistaken. Unfortunately I won't believe it until I hear the Maclean interview again where he talks about it. I can't find it right now (because it doesn't exist?:laugh:).

Ah no worries, it's easy to mistake the tone of posts here. It's all good man, sorry for coming down a little harshly. I edited the original post so that I come across as less of an a$$. :)

jbeck5

Jan 26, 2009

This. Tsn 1200 said the assistant coach actually suggested the trio.

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
Trying to spread out the offence. I understand, especially if we're able to find a way to get Zib going. Otherwise we're a one line team with some nice sheltered rookies.

I like to play players together who get results (so-called chemistry). I don't think Ryan will get results playing with lesser players. Zibanejad is a lesser center offensively than Turris at this time and I don't think Zibanejad makes Ryan better, at this time. Zibanejad needs more time to develop offensively. Ruan needs to play with more offensively skilled players.

DrEasy

Out rumptackling
Oct 3, 2010
Stützville
I like these new lines better. I still wish Ryan was back on the MoToR line, and that Condra would replace Neil from time to time.

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
ON one of the TV broadcasts-on TSN I think they said it was something Mark Reeds
thought could be interesting.And yes I know he works more on defense.
This line has many fathers!

Probably three! :)

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
I like these new lines better. I still wish Ryan was back on the MoToR line, and that Condra would replace Neil from time to time.

Me too! Condra is faster, more defensively skilled and I think has more offensive potential than Neil. Of course, he is not as physical (body checking) nor a policeman/enforcer.

Larionov

Feb 9, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Other than the sheer joy of watching the Leafs get humiliated on home ice like that, hopefully Nashville's win causes everyone in our room to up their game. Nashville is clearly no fluke - this is a balanced, fast team that is getting great goaltending and have all bought in to Laviolette's message and system. That will be us getting tuned up by 7 goals as well if we don't bring our best effort...

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
I like to play players together who get results (so-called chemistry). I don't think Ryan will get results playing with lesser players. Zibanejad is a lesser center offensively than Turris at this time and I don't think Zibanejad makes Ryan better, at this time. Zibanejad needs more time to develop offensively. Ruan needs to play with more offensively skilled players.

I agree to an extent. I think it's a good idea to try different combinations for a bit, especially when there are a number of guys that need to get going. These particular lines are new and I'm looking forward to seeing what can happen.

Unfortunately ZIb is going to have to develop in the frying pan, and as a second line player on our team, we need to do what we can to get that line to be a threat.

Scrub*

Team Canada
Dec 28, 2008
Forsberg is ripping it up this year...already +20 too. Think the Preds won that trade.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad