Friedman: Preds only untouchables are Josi, Ellis and Rinne

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Feels like 99% of this thread has been about Ekholm, Forsberg, and Granlund -

Does anyone want a nice Eric Haula? How about Matt Benning? Or Rocco Grimaldi, Brad Richardson, Nick Cousins, Mark Borowiecki?
Haula, please. A 2nd?

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Seems like an odd list. Rinne? Ellis being “untouchable” seems like a stretch. Would have expected Forsberg and Josi.

Rinne is "untouchable" out of respect to Rinne, ie Poile wont trade him unless Rinne asks to be traded. If he wants to retire as a Pred rather than chase a Cup as a backup, he will be allowed to do so.

HawkeyTalkMan

Jun 23, 2015
I hate that the team lately looking to move premium assets/selloff are always within Chicago's division and just makes it a deal breaker almost immediately

columbus
winnipeg
minnesota
nashville

AdmiralsFan24

Mar 22, 2011
Wisconsin
I hate that the team lately looking to move premium assets/selloff are always within Chicago's division and just makes it a deal breaker almost immediately

columbus
winnipeg
minnesota
nashville

It shouldn't be a deal breaker. Refusing to trade within the division is stupid and Poile has made some significant trades within the division in the last 5 years with Minnesota, Chicago and Colorado so I don't think he's opposed to it even though he got f***ed over in every one.

HawkeyTalkMan

Jun 23, 2015
It shouldn't be a deal breaker. Refusing to trade within the division is stupid and Poile has made some significant trades within the division in the last 5 years with Minnesota, Chicago and Colorado so I don't think he's opposed to it even though he got f***ed over in every one.
yeah it's just more rare because there is a premium added to an in division team asking price vs outside

but I agree, regardless of who the team is, it's two to tango and you can't be afraid of the other team getting better because of the trade, because you're making the deal under the premise it's going to make your own team better and it's the best move to make

IrishInOntario

May 18, 2013
Ironically, a trade for Forsberg is set by the Forsberg trade. Martin Erat (with 1.5 years left, age 32) was traded for prospect Filip Forsberg (age 20, 11th overall pick). What's different is the possibility of cap retention, which the Preds would want compensation.

So TML fans, history has set the price as Nick Robertson + for Forsberg. The plus depends on how much cap the Preds eat and if there are conditions on the pick.

Would you consider the following given that Toronto wants to keep Robertson to try to compete now?

To Nashville
Alex Kerfoot (Money)
Rodion Amirov
2021 2nd round pick

To Toronto
Filip Forsberg @ 50% retained

Obviously you could turn around and flip Kerfoot to a number of teams, for additional assetts. He likely fetches you at least a 2nd round pick on the market, meaning the deal turns into some like Amirov and 2x 2nd round picks for Forsberg.

Last edited:

AdmiralsFan24

Mar 22, 2011
Wisconsin
Would you consider the following given that Toronto wants to keep Robertson to try to compete now?

To Nashville
Alex Kerfoot (Money)
Rodion Amirov
2021 2nd round pick

To Toronto
Filip Forsberg @ 50% retained

Obviously you could turn around and flip Kerfoot to a number of teams, for additional assetts. He likely fetches you at least a 2nd round pick on the market, meaning the deal turns into some like Amirov and 2x 2nd round picks for Forsberg.

Amirov and a 2nd doesn't get it done by itself. When you're asking us to take Kerfoot and retain half on Forsberg, it's not even close.

HC7

May 2, 2018
Amirov and a 2nd doesn't get it done by itself. When you're asking us to take Kerfoot and retain half on Forsberg, it's not even close.

Kerfoot has similar number to Forsberg this year while playing 3rd line minutes, and he's half the salary. I don't think that deal is good for Nashville, but Kerfoot isn't exactly a salary dump.

GoldOnGold

Mar 27, 2016
Nashville, Tennessee
Kerfoot has similar number to Forsberg this year while playing 3rd line minutes, and he's half the salary. I don't think that deal is good for Nashville, but Kerfoot isn't exactly a salary dump.

Kerfoot- .58 points per game playing on the highest-scoring team in the league

Forsberg- .88 points per game on the 24th highest-scoring team in the league

NoName

Bringer of Playoffs!
Nov 3, 2017
Forsberg for Rielly + What Preds Fans?
Wait... what? Why would the Leafs trade out of a position of weakness (their blue line) for yet another star forward? This makes no sense. Toronto isn't trading its 1D for Forsberg.

lawrence

May 19, 2012
Rinne going down with the ship Sedins /Vancouver Crosby/Pittsburgh style? really? dude turns 40 next year.

Richard88

John 3:16
Jun 29, 2019
Would be better to have the retention on Granlund IMO

I'm a little uneasy about taking Compher - his numbers are a bit spooky for his cap hit
The retention to get Jarnkrok at $1m next season is what makes it worth including a 1st.

Richard88

John 3:16
Jun 29, 2019
That's fair, although if you're getting Jarnkrok to be a 3C you might want to know he hasn't played center fulltime in about 3 years.
The idea with getting Jarnkrok and Granlund together is to have Jarnkrok at 3LW and Granlund at 3C (with Donskoi at 3RW). How do you think that line would work?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad