Friedman: Preds only untouchables are Josi, Ellis and Rinne

LucicAndChong

formerly known as Big Sugar
Jan 22, 2018
Ontario, Canada
Forsberg is at 15 in 17 this season and has a season of 64 in 67 and he plays in Nashville. He can hit PPG or better.

I'd want a team's absolute no.1 prospect or one of a team's best players 18-24 back if I'm dealing Forsberg. Not the no.3 prospect, not 4,5,9 prospects.
I get what you mean with this and if Forsberg was signed to a 6x6 I would agree. But he isn’t.

he has 1 year after this. You’re paying for a guaranteed 1.5 seasons of Forsberg. As good of a player as Forsberg is, there aren’t many players in this league that you would give up your #1 Prospect for 1.5 Years of. Let alone adding a first to that.

If you want Leafs fans to be realistic, you also have to be realistic.

2021 1st + Abramov + Hallander + Kerfoot + C Level Prospect (Kral/Kokkonen/Abruzzese) is probably the best offer you will get, unless someone is willing to do a 1 for 1 for a roster player.

Hallander AND Abramov become the preds #2 and #3 C Prospects instantly. (Behind Tomasino who I forgot was a centre)

since this post is at the top of the page and more people will see it I will post Abramov and Hallanders stats so you can see I’m not tryna Bracco you.

Hallander - 20 Years Old - 20 Points in 42 Games in the SHL.

Abramov - 19 Years Old - 76 Points in 63 Games in the Q. That is 35 more points than his next closest teammate (41 Points)

Last edited:

Forsbergforloop

May 30, 2008
Oahu
One thing that must be mentioned for teams trying to get Forsberg is that Nashville fans probably value Forsberg more than most other fans would because he is probably the best offensive player that the Preds have had through since the beginning of his career.

There is a (so far true) perception among Preds fans that forwards come to this team and lose all of their scoring ability, no matter how good they may have been before they came. Not to mention, we have never been able to draft a game-changing forward.

Honestly, David Poile would probably salivate at some of those trade proposals because, despite all evidence to the contrary, he probably naively believes that there is nothing wrong with the way we develop forwards.

LokiDog

Get pucks deep. Get pucks to the net. And, uh…
Sep 13, 2018
Dallas
Seems like an odd list. Rinne? Ellis being “untouchable” seems like a stretch. Would have expected Forsberg and Josi.

sasha barkov

Nov 4, 2016
So you’re telling me that you would rather have what we have now over

Thornton - Matthews - Marner

Forsberg - Tavares - Simmonds

Hyman - Nylander - Mikheyev

Kerfoot - Spezza - Boyd

Muzzin - Holl

Dermott - Brodie

Lehtonen/Sandin - Bogosian

???

that defence is not bad for the leafs. We always say Dermott is a top 4 D, and we know everyone else in that top 4 is a top 4 d. Bogo is great on 3D and Lehtonen is good on 3LD and then we can finally get reps for Sandin when he’s back
That defense is terrible

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Cut your losses and send Kunin back to Minnesota for a 4th.

AdmiralsFan24

Mar 22, 2011
Wisconsin
2021 1st + Abramov + Hallander + Kerfoot + C Level Prospect (Kral/Kokkonen/Abruzzese) is probably the best offer you will get, unless someone is willing to do a 1 for 1 for a roster player.

It might be the best offer we get from the Leafs. I highly doubt it's the best offer we get.

Hallander AND Abramov become the preds #1 and #2 C Prospects instantly.

lol

Hockey 4 Life

Feb 10, 2012
It might be the best offer we get from the Leafs. I highly doubt it's the best offer we get.

lol
Hallander tops out as a 2c if he hits. The real gem is Abramov. I really believe he has a shot a becoming a 1c. Not elite like matthews but a 1b type with a great two way game. I could be very wrong but I've watched him quite a bit.

Big Daddy Cane

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2010
Western PA
Nashville is getting a good look at the heart of Carolina's prospect pool sharing Chicago as an affiliate. A Forsberg or Arvidsson might make sense as a go for the Cup type move for the Canes, if the Preds make the decision to re-tool. I won't insult with any proposals, but it's perhaps something to keep an eye on.

Reactions: DaveG

BFLO

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 3, 2015
Would an unprotected 1st from the Sabres be enough for ekholm?

AdmiralsFan24

Mar 22, 2011
Wisconsin
Hallander tops out as a 2c if he hits. The real gem is Abramov. I really believe he has a shot a becoming a 1c. Not elite like matthews but a 1b type with a great two way game. I could be very wrong but I've watched him quite a bit.

I mean, this is like one of those absolute best scenarios that has like a .0001% chance of happening.

GoldOnGold

Mar 27, 2016
Nashville, Tennessee
Feels like 99% of this thread has been about Ekholm, Forsberg, and Granlund -

Does anyone want a nice Eric Haula? How about Matt Benning? Or Rocco Grimaldi, Brad Richardson, Nick Cousins, Mark Borowiecki?

BigFatCat999

First Fubu and now Pred303. !@#$! you cancer
Apr 23, 2007
Campbell, NY
Ironically, a trade for Forsberg is set by the Forsberg trade. Martin Erat (with 1.5 years left, age 32) was traded for prospect Filip Forsberg (age 20, 11th overall pick). What's different is the possibility of cap retention, which the Preds would want compensation.

So TML fans, history has set the price as Nick Robertson + for Forsberg. The plus depends on how much cap the Preds eat and if there are conditions on the pick.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad