Sep 13, 2018
Bayou La Batre
youtu.be
This thread delivers!

1700239908018.png

Reactions: The Crypto Guy

Detroit Knights

Feb 29, 2012
Obviously this isn't real, its eklund, but I wouldn't mind having that saros on the wings. We just need a goalie that can steal a game here and a game there and jettison petry to a planet far far away.

Reactions: WingsToPick4th

cg98

Oct 10, 2017
As soon I seen that Eklund reported this I knew it was a crock full of shit. The guys a bum.

That being said, Nashville is in the middle of a rebuild/major retool and they’d be wise to jettison Saros for max value return and start giving Askarov reps.

Ledge And Dairy

I mean they need to either trade Saros or Askarov. There’s no point to sign Saros to a long term deal and keep one of the best goalie prospects in hockey as a backup for 5+ years ?

If they are rebuilding, clearly trading Saros is the best option, clears a lot of cap space
How long do you think it takes to develop into an NHL starter exactly? Askarov turned 21 in the summer. Realistically he isn't going to challenge for a true starting job until age 25/26. Saros shared the net with Rinne at ages 24 and 25, then took over fully at 26. Shesterkin became the starter at age 25, Sorokin took over at age 26.

There is also the idea that Saros could be a great mentor for Askarov. Not to mention at the end of the day the league is still gate driven and Nashville isn't a big market team. Selling Saros could result is a huge loss in team money without even a guarantee at a superstar prospect from a bit higher drafting.

All im saying is it's not as simple as one or the other

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
The day after Barry Trotz says he's planning to extend Saros... good timing, Eklund! :biglaugh:

Of course, I guess it's always polite to "listen" to any offers another NHL GM sends anyway, why wouldn't you "listen"? It could lighten your day with a good laugh, if nothing else. :dunno:

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
If there could be a deal around Saros and Campbell it would heal a lot for the Oilers. Whatever futures it would take. Of course I doubt it could be done, but I don't see a way the Oilers could fit in Saros otherwise

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
Didn't Trotz literally say a few days/weeks ago their intention is to sign him long term soon because they believe he's gonna be important when the Preds come out of a retool?

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA
If he doesn’t end up on the Oilers there needs to be an insurrection against management

Oilers can't offer up the same package that the Sabres can, assuming that IF (and that's a big, huge, mega if) Saros is traded it's for futures/young players.

Oilers can't compete with the Devils either, assuming a futures/young-based package.

If Saros really is on the block for futures/young players, it'll be a bidding war between the Devils and Sabres.

Reactions: Porter Stoutheart

Unspecified

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Apr 29, 2015
Ek’s track record from what I remember isnt horrible.

FWIW about 35% of the fanbase is ready to jettison saros to a contender.

Almost 50% want to see Saros get traded if we are not a playoff team in 24 (we are not playoff team)

per the article

Edmonton, NJ, Carolina were specifically mentioned.

Asking price is a 1st + sweeteners

His success rate is in the toilet. What do you mean "isn't horrible"? He is more in tune with Philly shit but out of tune on every other team. I worked with him about 10 years ago and trust me the dude is a hack.

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
His success rate is in the toilet. What do you mean "isn't horrible"? He is more in tune with Philly shit but out of tune on every other team. I worked with him about 10 years ago and trust me the dude is a hack.

I don't have the time to create a brand or run a rumor account but I swear I could link logical fits and maybe bat 5-15% on success rates and then claim to be an insider.

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
If there could be a deal around Saros and Campbell it would heal a lot for the Oilers. Whatever futures it would take. Of course I doubt it could be done, but I don't see a way the Oilers could fit in Saros otherwise
Yeah, I just don't think the Oilers have the assets to stack up that other teams do. So when we as Preds fans glance over the Oilers assets, we only end up at the "no man's land" at the top of the payroll, there just isn't anything else that would make sense. I personally believe the Oilers will get themselves back on track to some extent, and their 1st won't end up being any super-great asset either. The Oilers might have the "need", but they don't have the chips necessary to sit at the table. Hopefully for them the recent run and Skinner stack up and they can buy out Campbell next June and get some other decent UFA goalie in place, they'll be alright on that path instead. They shouldn't be in the conversation.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad