AintLifeGrand

Burnin Jet-A
Apr 8, 2009
GreatestSnowOnEarth

LeProspector

AINEC
Feb 14, 2017
I think they would be smart to do so.

Nsh likely heading into a rebuild, Saros on the end of his current deal and they have a young stud in the wings.

Makes too much sense to move on from him now and sell high to a desperate bidder.

Reactions: oceanchild

Soundgarden

Jul 22, 2008
Spring Hill, TN
I think they would be smart to do so.

Nsh likely heading into a rebuild, Saros on the end of his current deal and they have a young stud in the wings.

Makes too much sense to move on from him now and sell high to a desperate bidder.

Long term contract extension confirmed to happen.

Most likely. Trotz has already said he's wanting to lock him up.

ViD

#CBJNeedHugs
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2007
Blue Jackets Area
I mean they need to either trade Saros or Askarov. There’s no point to sign Saros to a long term deal and keep one of the best goalie prospects in hockey as a backup for 5+ years ?

If they are rebuilding, clearly trading Saros is the best option, clears a lot of cap space

abo9

Jun 25, 2017
Im convinced its just a fake rumour to get people talkingx, with so many teams having goalie issues to start the year.

Preds have 3 pillars: Forsberg, Josi amd Saros.

Rebuild or not, you dont trade those guys without a plan in mind. Or extrenely high value coming back

Soundgarden

Jul 22, 2008
Spring Hill, TN
I mean they need to either trade Saros or Askarov. There’s no point to sign Saros to a long term deal and keep one of the best goalie prospects in hockey as a backup for 5+ years ?

It's not as urgent as needing to trade one of them right now or even this season though. We can use them as a tandem for a while, especially if Saros' workload gets to be too much for him.

ViD

#CBJNeedHugs
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2007
Blue Jackets Area
It's not as urgent as needing to trade one of them right now or even this season though. We can use them as a tandem for a while, especially if Saros' workload gets to be too much for him.
I guess the question here is what is the plan for the Preds next two - three years? Are they fully rebuilding or will still try to compete ? If it’s the former, trading Saros seems like a better idea

Nov 29, 2003
Screw You Blaster
Visit site
It wouldn't be the best use of assets, but if the Avs could make a 3-team deal work where they send out Georgiev and then take on Saros I'd be all on board. Georgiev has looked fine on the Avs, but I could see Saros giving the Avs a huge boost. Again, don't think it would be an easy move, or a smart use of assets, but I'd personally love having a true Vezina candidate back there.

Reactions: BHD

Flgatorguy87

Jul 7, 2011
East Nasty
I think the urgency isn't there to trade Askarov, but it's just a luxury to have that type of talent/asset sitting around when the rest of the team is pacing for a bottom 3 finish.

I will say I don't think this report is credible because of Eklund, but it could be credible just looking at the facts of where this team currently sits and Trotz's desire to get things moving faster with a rebuild.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017

If they are rebuilding, clearly trading Saros is the best option, clears a lot of cap space
Sarros can't sign an extension until July, as he has 1 more season after this one. Might as well listen and see what the offers are. Askarov, numbers wise in the A last season and this has been very good. I mean, they passed on taking Lundell to draft Askarov in 2020.

Soundgarden

Jul 22, 2008
Spring Hill, TN
I guess the question here is what is the plan for the Preds next two - three years? Are they fully rebuilding or will still try to compete ? If it’s the former, trading Saros seems like a better idea
I mean, we've been slowly rebuilding for the past few seasons, but we're keeping Josi, Forsberg and Saros so we aren't a complete mess like other teams have been over the years. We've accumulated a lot of young assets and picks and we're going forward with a youth movement.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad