Pre-Game Talk: Preds @ Jets • Sat, Mar 23 @ 6:00 pm CT • Sportsnet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
It's cute how the Preds board Pre-GDT morphed into the GDT which morphed into the Post GDT and all of that together is 5 pages over 2 days.

Each HF Preds fans should have to have at least 3 accounts.
That way it could look like a conversation by more than 5 people.

Jets better be all over things tomorrow if they want to get a good result.
Maybe AOL service has been spotty...

Reactions: GeorgeJETson

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
There are bigger factors then us just "Being off". Big part of the season without Byfluglien and Morrissey is huge. Plus, no Enstrom (As soft as he was), was good at keeping shots against low.

On the Forward side, losing Ehlers for a chunk of the season makes SF a lot lower.

Injury excuse is being way over used. Not that it doesn't exist but which team has not had injury problems? We have had worse injury loads in previous years.

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Losing your top 2 defenseman is way worse than losing 2 forwards , for one the defenseman play a tonne of minutes especially Buff and Morrissey . Then you are replacing those 2 defenseman with inferior talent and think that's not gonna make a huge difference ? Look at it this way , Chevy is adding 2 elite defenseman for the playoffs for free , how will that not make any team way better . :thumbu:

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
As someone who likes following stats and believes in tilting the ice, I agree with you.

But then I look at the standings, have a sip of my drink, and enjoy life and the position the Jets are in.

If they flame out, at least I still have the summer to look forward to. ;) Until my hopes are dashed, I'm going to hang on to the possibility that they return to their dominant play after rope-a-doping the league for the last couple of months. :P
And the history of professional sports is filled with teams that played below expectations during the regular season and then caught fire in the playoffs and due to the nature of hockey it seems to happen in the NHL more than any other league. Over the last decade and not counting the lockout season the Stanley cup winner has had the following regular season point totals:

Average 103.4 points. Sports Club has our most likely final points total at 103 points :nod:

Coincidence? I think not ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad