Winnipeg
standings.png

gerjertsger-jpg.193867

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
I say we will win again but Nashville won't end up far behind us by the end of the season in total points . Really would like us to win these last 4 home games before going on the road for the last 4 . Clenching big time now . Friggin Sportsnet tomorrow to, damnit . :facepalm:

moosehead81

Jan 7, 2012
Great White North
Just listened to Burke and MacLean on Hockey Central (as we all know a Sportsnet Toronto centric talk show about the "NHL") whining about how there's something off about the Jets and their effort against Vegas last night. Not once did they mention that the Jets' top 2 defencemen are hurt and out nor that it was the second of a back to back game of a 3 game road trip in which the Jets won 2 of the 3. If it had been the Leafs in the same situation they would have thrown out all sorts of positive vibes on the loss. Just blows me away that these two are supposed to know something about hockey. And to boot, if the Jets beat Nashville Saturday they'll have absolutely nothing to say about it on Monday, depending how the Leafs do over the week-end.

Duke749

Savannah Ghost Pirates
Apr 6, 2010
Canton, Georgia
Just listened to Burke and MacLean on Hockey Central (as we all know a Sportsnet Toronto centric talk show about the "NHL") whining about how there's something off about the Jets and their effort against Vegas last night. Not once did they mention that the Jets' top 2 defencemen are hurt and out nor that it was the second of a back to back game of a 3 game road trip in which the Jets won 2 of the 3. If it had been the Leafs in the same situation they would have thrown out all sorts of positive vibes on the loss. Just blows me away that these two are supposed to know something about hockey. And to boot, if the Jets beat Nashville Saturday they'll have absolutely nothing to say about it on Monday, depending how the Leafs do over the week-end.

Don’t forget 3rd game in 4th night and 8th game in 15 days. But they won’t let that get in their way to show their ignorance.

AKAChip

Nov 19, 2013
Winnipeg
Well they’ve been on cruise control half the year with nothing to prove in the regular season.
The Lightning have been on cruise control, the Jets still have a ton to prove. All we can really do is wait and see who is ultimately right about this team but teams don't just magically turn a switch when the playoffs come around.

Duke749

Savannah Ghost Pirates
Apr 6, 2010
Canton, Georgia
The Lightning have been on cruise control, the Jets still have a ton to prove. All we can really do is wait and see who is ultimately right about this team but teams don't just magically turn a switch when the playoffs come around.

Lightning have also gotten Vezina quality goaltending as well.

We need to get to the playoffs as healthy and as fresh as possible. I believe that has been the goal for quite awhile now. Even with that said, it’s anybody’s guess who comes out on top. Playoffs can be so hard to predict.

AKAChip

Nov 19, 2013
Winnipeg
Lightning have also gotten Vezina quality goaltending as well.

We need to get to the playoffs as healthy and as fresh as possible. I believe that has been the goal for quite awhile now. Even with that said, it’s anybody’s guess who comes out on top. Playoffs can be so hard to predict.
I completely agree that anything can happen in the playoffs. Luck still plays a huge role in the outcomes (see Vegas last season), however I figure most people would rather have a team that's playing well for a stretch before the playoffs rather than one who started strong and has been running on fumes for months. The two main points that people giving this team the benefit of the doubt are making right now is that Byfuglien and Morrissey have been out and that this team was incredible last season and has more or less the same talent as last season.

The Byfuglien and Morrissey point is fair, as they are both incredible players but the team wasn't playing it's best when they were both in the lineup together recently. They will no doubt make a difference but we're also assuming they both come back at full capacity and will have time to work the rust off before playoffs. I'm hopeful they will both be back by the start of April but it would be foolish to assume they will be at top capacity when they return. Byfuglien was rushed back into the lineup already once this year and it's clear the team is getting a little desperate.

The other point drives me nuts. The players may be largely the same from last season but the production is way down. I admit it's certainly possible that the team's best players start playing up to their previous standards when playoffs start but is it not at least equally as likely that they continue to play the way they have for the past four plus months? I actually have less concern about the defence on this team as I do about the forwards. Wheeler and Scheifele cannot produce 5-on-5 and are getting killed in shots and chances every game. That doesn't get fixed overnight with a flick of a switch. If our two previously most dominant offensive players can't drive play, there's no one who will pick up the slack for them. Ehlers and Connor are really good players, but they are complimentary pieces at this point in their careers.

You may call it glass half full vs glass half empty but in my mind, the difference is some people saw what this team was capable of at full strength last season and assume that they are still capable of that type of performance while others see what they've been capable at max capcity this season and see that it's been a large enough sample size to assume things will continue that way.

Last edited:
Reactions: nobody imp0rtant
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad