LeBrun: Preds and Jets watching Simmonds

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015
Trouba (re-signed to play with Pro) and Ehlers for Couturier, Sanheim, the Flyers' 2019 2nd round pick and we switch 1st round picks. This deal is made this summer?

BatVader

"nothing is true; everything is permitted"
May 16, 2015
Imperial Gotham
Really don’t see the reasoning for the Jets here.
Could they use some offensive forward help, absolutely, in the form of a 2nd line C with good speed, scoring and passing ability, and faceoff numbers. But a winger, that is largely RW......no, not seeing!
Anything they plan on trading to get Simmonds they should just add to and go after Duchene.

Just my 2 cents

Reactions: Snowman

Seanaconda

May 6, 2016
Rumor is "lots of teams calling" , "lots of interest" but HF main boards only wants Simmonds on the cheap, laughable proposals, as I said yesterday Simmonds will return a first plus------EASILY!

Really depends on who all is made available at the deadline and who decides to go for either the cup or playoff revenue . If a bunch of other guys get signed to extensions sure he is a first plus easy but he def isn't the first guy most teams are going to be going for

204hockey

#whiteout
Sep 29, 2017
Would be nice to have him on the Jets, but the big problem is our roster is full. It'd mean Appleton/Lemieux would be sent down to the Moose. I don't know where he'd slide into, no need for him really.
wait your worried to send two ahl'ers to the ahl ? appleton is young and will have his time here.. lemuiex is what he is simmonds would be great to have but i only offer a 2nd and b prospect toss in a conditional 3rd if that tips the scales

ehlers shief wheeler
laine little simmonds
connor copp roslovic
perrault lowry tanev

tweak as u wish the bottom 6/9

Reactions: jetsforever

TheKingPin

Nov 16, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
I saw they the preds would rant Simmonds as they felt they were beat down low and think Simmonds could help that against the jets. This is god news for the flyers. Get a little arms race between the jets and preds and the leafs and bruins.

Devonator

Jan 5, 2003
I saw they the preds would rant Simmonds as they felt they were beat down low and think Simmonds could help that against the jets. This is god news for the flyers. Get a little arms race between the jets and preds and the leafs and bruins.
Exactly...we should get a very nice haul for Simmonds which will be perfect for us going forward...and he will be a great addition to any team...and you can be sure that more the just the Jets or Preds are checking him out....

almostawake

Jan 19, 2006
Lausanne
While prices can fluctuate deadline to deadline Simmonds is almost certainly in the 1st + range.

Which makes absolutely no sense for the Jets. Spending a 1st to inprove your 4th line is useless. Doubly when your 4th line is 2 pieces away from being effective and adding one piece to it probably doesn't even give the HC the confidence to play it more than 8 minutes a night.

Seriously. Jets have so many more pressing needs where a 1st could be use to have a huge impact.

TheKingPin

Nov 16, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
Exactly...we should get a very nice haul for Simmonds which will be perfect for us going forward...and he will be a great addition to any team...and you can be sure that more the just the Jets or Preds are checking him out....
I personally don’t think Simmonds is done. He’s not lucic. Lucic is bulky and plays a lot more of a tough game than Simmonds. I don’t think Simmonds falls into that category 100% that usually has a sharp decline. I think he’s a player coming off a broken ankle and thumb and torn abdominal wall that needed surgery. I think he will be better to finish the year and in the playoffs when he’s always a beast. I personally give the edge to Nashville anyway, that only increases with Simmonds.

Reactions: Devonator

Gh24

Feb 12, 2014
I don't really get the "all-in for Stone or nothing". As surprising as it may sound, GMs are capable of negotiating for multiple options at the same time. If Poile knows he's out of the race for Stone, he will definitely push for other options.

Wonder if Nashville would part with a 1st and Allard for Simmonds.
Maybe Allard + cond. 2nd?

2nd turns 1st if we reach the final or maybe conference final

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Poile has been burned by pure rental deals in the past. That's why last year while the Jets spent big on Stastny, Poile made a hockey trade for an asset.

Ended up neither team got what they wanted but now Stastny is gone.

I dont see Poile willing to win a bidding war for Simmonds.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Rumor is "lots of teams calling" , "lots of interest" but HF main boards only wants Simmonds on the cheap, laughable proposals, as I said yesterday Simmonds will return a first plus------EASILY!

There are lot of stupid Gm's, and Gm's who just love to pay for past reputation.

I hope the Jets won't waste another 1st.

He Is Knocking

Jul 1, 2015
I don't really get the "all-in for Stone or nothing". As surprising as it may sound, GMs are capable of negotiating for multiple options at the same time. If Poile knows he's out of the race for Stone, he will definitely push for other options.

Maybe Allard + cond. 2nd?

2nd turns 1st if we reach the final or maybe conference final

Allard doesn't move the needle at all & Simmonds won't be traded for a conditional first.

Fans of teams may not like the price but when teams are lining up the price is high and I really wouldn't doubt it would be higher to the Preds considering management/ownership history between the two.

Supply and demand few players available at the TDL brings what Simmonds does.

Reactions: Gh24

almostawake

Jan 19, 2006
Lausanne
I definitely believe that the Jets are scouting the Flyers right now. But that is just because they are one of the few teams clearly out of the playoffs.

Flyers have 5 UFAs that (at least as an outsider) appear likely to be moved at the deadline: Simmonds, Raffl, Lehterä, Neuvirth and Elliott.

To me Simmonds seems like the only one worth chasing, but the other four would could all be useful to a playoff team with a specific roster situation.

From the Jets perspective, say it is 10 minutes to the deadline. They've already picked up a high quality piece at LD or C. Raffl is still out there for a late round pick.

The point of scouting the Flyers now is knowing at the deadline which players can upgrade even the most minor parts of your lineup, and which simply cannot.

As time goes on, more teams will fall out of playoffs and tracking the premium rentals will become more and more of a priority. So for right now why not take care of some of the low end stuff instead of focusing on potential premium rentals that may or may not end up on the market at all?

Reactions: Snowman and mmvvpp

ValeriKamensky

May 8, 2013
Fabbro, Allard, Samberg are good players for sure. But we have solid core of young D`s. We need old enough D-man who will become mentor for IPro, Sanheim and others.
If we talk about prospects, we need goal-scoring wingers and offensive centers + 1 or 2 rd dependable of prospects who will come instead Simmer

Reactions: rajaampat

rajaampat

Jan 11, 2019
There is team wide stupidity in player execution of basics for the Flyers, particularly back checking in the D zone and over passing/poopr passing in attack. Simmonds coasts on the back check in the d zone instead of continuing to take strides and coasts with his stick over his hips crouched over when the play gets closer to the net. He might have saved 2 or 3 goals the last week or maybe not. When you have added back pressure things change. All I know is there is a malaise of poor fundamentals to the game and its infectious though the team, a hopelessness. A change of scenery and playing with better players in the right role would help, but Simmonds has made so many bone head plays I think it affects his value. What the Flyers need is a good 3 C and a veteran D as many others have said.. And a reliable veteran goalie...it will be a patchwork of AHL callups and Neuvirth going on and off IR till this year is over. Cant even say if Elliott is coming back, there is a lot of mystery affecting his status.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $25.00