LeBrun: Preds and Jets watching Simmonds

Pongs21

It's not delivery, it's Sports Desk
Jul 18, 2011
Halifax
The Jets have no real need for Simmonds at all, unless he comes to us embarrassingly cheap.
No real need long term no, but short term? Perreault is one hit to being out long term considering his history, Appleton, Lemiuex, Roslovic, Copp, Lowry, Tanev are not going to put up even close to 25 (acknowledging Tanev's current 20g pace). He's a Big body with playoff expeirence. We could absolutely use him.

However, please don't sell the farm for him Chevy

Reactions: irunthepeg

Snowman

Oct 12, 2007
Texas
No real need long term no, but short term? Perreault is one hit to being out long term considering his history, Appleton, Lemiuex, Roslovic, Copp, Lowry, Tanev are not going to put up even close to 25 (acknowledging Tanev's current 20g pace). He's a Big body with playoff expeirence. We could absolutely use him.

However, please don't sell the farm for him Chevy
Yes, he would be nice, but a luxury. Not worth actually pursuing, unless super cheap.

Reactions: snowkiddin

PitchNHL

Jul 18, 2018
Barring getting him cheap, hoping the Jets pass on that. No real interest in him at this point of his career.
Hes still on pace for 25 goals and is an annual 25-30 goal scorer that gives max effort every game it's not like hes completely useless even if hes havjng a bad year

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
I hate this management for entertaining the idea for even a second.

Hopefully Chevy was bored and figured at best he would throw out a dirt cheap offer if all other leads don’t pan out.

greasysnapper

Apr 6, 2018
I hate this management for entertaining the idea for even a second.

What? Why? Even if you put him on your 4th line that would be worth it for a 2nd easily. It would be better if he played on the other side, but that's a championship style move if you're going after Simmonds and plug him in next to Copp or Roslovic when they move him back down the lineup once Ehlers comes back. Then all they'd need is a D and a 2/3 C.

Maukkis

EZ4ENCE
Mar 16, 2016
What? Why? Even if you put him on your 4th line that would be worth it for a 2nd easily. It would be better if he played on the other side, but that's a championship style move if you're going after Simmonds and plug him in next to Copp or Roslovic when they move him back down the lineup once Ehlers comes back. Then all they'd need is a D and a 2/3 C.
You won't get him for a second.

You also wouldn't get any meaningful contributions out of him. He fits precisely zero of our needs, whether that is in the short term or in the long term. A rental RW is about the last thing we need.

The effect of basically any rental is minimal enough to confidently steer away from paying any good assets for them at all times.

Reactions: Huffer

CapnZin

Jul 20, 2017
Sweden
Luckily for us, teams overpay a premium for this type of player. Great leader, grit, experience, and a “give it all” attitude that stands up for any and everyone.

HF notoriously underrated the rental market because they don’t want to give up their precious young players/picks for someone who may not resign. Fans, generally, look at next year. That’s the exact reason why we’d never be in a management spot. They all look at the now and the playoffs. This is the asset you’d acquire to fulfill the now. Everyone on here acts like it’s at the expense of the future... which it isn’t by any stretch.

I don’t know what the flyers want. Personally, a Forward or Defender prospect.
Most likely a defender. We’re locked at C prospects, W prospects, and NHL wingers.

Defense is a big need so I’d like to see a young prospect.

From NSH:
I don’t see any situation that Fabbro is in play for someone like Simmonds.

I’d be interested in Frédéric Allard +. + could be a higher pick or another decent prospect.

From WPG:
No real interesting D prospects besides Stanley and Samberg. I don’t think they do anything that we don’t already have in D prospects.

I don’t know what to make of WPG. Don’t think we’re good trading partners.

Peacekeeper

Sep 27, 2017
This Flyers team stinks and Simmonds needs a change of scenery..

Even in a down year where our team sucks.. I'd expect Simmonds to be a great addition wherever he goes. He's playing for a new contract and on a team going to the playoffs he's a player that can flip the switch on

Bobby Terrance

Jul 21, 2018
He'd look good on the preds
Not sure about the jets think they have right wing depth that will suffice
Nashville on the other hand, they should be adding talent up front for sure.

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
Simmonds is such a Jets type of player. Would fit that team well.

Nashville on the other hand...Poile will probably trade a bag of pucks for him then get him to agree to an extension for a couple mil per...like the rest of that team...

Reactions: TheKingPin

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Luckily for us, teams overpay a premium for this type of player. Great leader, grit, experience, and a “give it all” attitude that stands up for any and everyone.

HF notoriously underrated the rental market because they don’t want to give up their precious young players/picks for someone who may not resign. Fans, generally, look at next year. That’s the exact reason why we’d never be in a management spot. They all look at the now and the playoffs. This is the asset you’d acquire to fulfill the now. Everyone on here acts like it’s at the expense of the future... which it isn’t by any stretch.

I don’t know what the flyers want. Personally, a Forward or Defender prospect.
Most likely a defender. We’re locked at C prospects, W prospects, and NHL wingers.

Defense is a big need so I’d like to see a young prospect.

From NSH:
I don’t see any situation that Fabbro is in play for someone like Simmonds.

I’d be interested in Frédéric Allard +. + could be a higher pick or another decent prospect.

From WPG:
No real interesting D prospects besides Stanley and Samberg. I don’t think they do anything that we don’t already have in D prospects.

I don’t know what to make of WPG. Don’t think we’re good trading partners.
Why do you say Defense is a big need for the Flyers....if it's a young guy you are adding?

Provy Ghost
Sanheim Gudas
Morin Myers
Hagg Friedman
Hogberg Bernhardt
Zamula Ginning
Kalynuk

They don't need any young D. They could use a vet guy to play with Provy to go against top lines and slot others into easier matchups....like a Pesce.

Anyways, back to Simmonds. With multiple teams likely bidding on him, he likely gets a 1st +. It's just a matter of what that + is that teams add. Or does a team go for a bigger deal with Philly.

Keep bidding!!!

heretik27

Apr 18, 2013
Winnipeg
I don't see the point in the Jets going after him. Ehlers/Wheeler/Connor/Laine are our top six wingers. Then we have Perreault/Tanev/Roslovic/Appleton/Lemieux/Petan for depth. A luxury at best, and probably doesn't come cheap.

Reactions: VictoriaJetsFan

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce
    Wagers: 2