News Article: Preds 2020 WINTER CLASSIC

Status
Not open for further replies.

LCPreds

Dec 8, 2013
TN
Yeah. I was trying to figure out where the $300 came from. Even with a name that’s some serious rounding hah.

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Size 50 on size charts equals a mens medium. although I would say it wears closer to a large

For everyone's information, size 52 is a men's large. 54 XL, 56 XXL, 60 3XL.

Obviously we could have unique body types but this is a guideline.

Well f***, mine will be too goddamned small. I hope they take returns

MrHeiskanen

Nov 12, 2017
Actually what I said was correct. I have a friend that worked in the Reebok factory when nhl jerseys were made by Reebok and this is exactly the procedure. I do not see how it would be different buying them from adidas as both are manufactured in Asia. These people that work for slave labour rates rely on people buying their jerseys they manufacture after hours, and Reebok/adidas permits them to do so so I do not see why your ass is so chapped over this. If you want to spend $300 plus on a jersey someone made for pennies than to me that’s not cool. I used to buy Nike shoes but refuse to now as the people making them are kids getting paid peanuts. But hey if you wanna support that kind of stuff then cool. NHL charges ridiculous amounts for jerseys that cost literally pennies to make. That’s the true crime.

I don’t care if you think I’m a hardened criminal and may end up doing a life sentence for purchasing jerseys on eBay that weren’t made during regular adidas manufacturing hours. All i was doing was telling you all that there is options to get them cheaper. If you don’t want to buy one that is your prerogative my friend. I will post pictures as others have requested to show the quality from the ebay sellers. Buying them from “jersey sites” are always garbage jerseys with stretched out symbols and crappy material, eBay are legit ones.

Have you ever downloaded a song? Burned a CD? J walked? Steamed a game?

Anyways, I respect your opinion and am not going to belittle you. To each their own my friend.

Do you actually believe that?

This sob story you read on Ebay comments couldn't be further from the truth. Adidas and Reebok are not permitting workers after hours to use materials to make counterfeit items and ship them across the ocean. Clearly they are doing it under the table and hiding their actions from their employer.

Reactions: 101st_fan

Gh24

Feb 12, 2014
Doesn't really matter what the cost is or how visible it is, it's still the exact same thing.
From my experience people don't often see it that way. Perhaps it's ignorance, perhaps it's just something they haven't thought of, but it seems people are more judgmental towards counterfeits than "a harmless download or two".

While it's beyond the point, I don't agree that buying a fake and stealing are the exact same thing. I do agree however that people can be hypocrites in this matter.

Reactions: maplepred

maplepred

Go Preds Go!!
Aug 14, 2011
Do you actually believe that?

This sob story you read on Ebay comments couldn't be further from the truth. Adidas and Reebok are not permitting workers after hours to use materials to make counterfeit items and ship them across the ocean. Clearly they are doing it under the table and hiding their actions from their employer.
My buddy has family in Asia and one of them worked for the Reebok factory when Reebok made the NHL jerseys and that is exactly the case of how it happens. I imagine it works the same for adidas but I cannot confirm that. But it was 100% true with Reebok.

If you are more comfortable buying jerseys that people (even kids) have made for pennies and paying hundreds of dollars for them to support millionaires than cool.

Have you ever ripped a CD? Steamed a game?
Why not just buy every album? And pay for the big nhl packages?

Thanks for your input though.

MrHeiskanen

Nov 12, 2017
My buddy has family in Asia and one of them worked for the Reebok factory when Reebok made the NHL jerseys and that is exactly the case of how it happens. I imagine it works the same for adidas but I cannot confirm that. But it was 100% true with Reebok.

If you are more comfortable buying jerseys that people (even kids) have made for pennies and paying hundreds of dollars for them to support millionaires than cool.

Have you ever ripped a CD? Steamed a game?
Why not just buy every album? And pay for the big nhl packages?

Thanks for your input though.

I'm not attacking you for buying it, I don't really care. That other guy was going a bit extreme.

I just find it hard to believe the "they are doing it in the same factory with the same materials just after hours" part. Because if it was the same person making it, in the same factory, with the same materials you wouldn't have the craftsman ship errors that counterfeits always have. Counterfeits the logos are often wrong, the stripping is a different size, or the colour of the jersey is slightly off/different.

Reactions: 101st_fan

maplepred

Go Preds Go!!
Aug 14, 2011
I'm not attacking you for buying it, I don't really care. That other guy was going a bit extreme.

I just find it hard to believe the "they are doing it in the same factory with the same materials just after hours" part. Because if it was the same person making it, in the same factory, with the same materials you wouldn't have the craftsman ship errors that counterfeits always have. Counterfeits the logos are often wrong, the stripping is a different size, or the colour of the jersey is slightly off/different.

Yeah 101st_fan definitely a little crazy about this lol. You would think he works for adidas lol.

I understand your point, and you are right to a degree. The reason for the poor craftsmanship and stretched out logos are because the workers can get that stuff even cheaper as it is considered factory reject stuff with imperfections that the NHL would never sell. So they can buy this factory reject stuff for even cheaper and then still sell it online for a profit. Keep in mind these people are very poor as Reebok/adidas pays them slave labour rates so some of them just do anything they can to make extra money. This is why I mentioned that you should never buy from any online Asian jersey stores selling them for cheap as those are usually the ones with those garbage looking jerseys. You need to buy on something like eBay where you can see feedback and read the reviews on the jerseys so you can tell in advance what you will be getting.

They get the garbage factory reject stuff for next to nothing whereas it’s more costly to buy the real deal stuff. But the people that pay the extra for the real deal stuff will get more business as more and more people in North America start to recognize the sellers with quality items so in the long haul they make more money. Whereas the people buying the factory reject stuff do not make as much money long term because nobody is a repeat customer. They also don’t typically last long in business with their “side hustle”.

Any other questions about this please let me know and if I don’t know the answer I will ask my friend and he can ask his family in Asia if he doesn’t know. I personally much prefer saving my hard earned money and buying from eBay for a lot cheaper and helping a family that works for slave labour with some extra money rather than buying from the big corporation of the NHL and helping the rich get richer and then making insane massive profits. It’s awful what the NHL charges is for “officially licensed” products when people overseas get paid pennies to make them.

Maybe if the NHL made the jerseys IN North America and gave jobs to OUR community I would feel different, they would have to legally pay REAL wages rather than slave labour wages overseas. It’s a vicious cycle and I have a very clear conscience buying cheaper on eBay. At least my money goes to someone that actually needs it to feed their families.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Posted this in the Dallas thread, but for those of you attending the game it will probably interest you as well:

What to expect for the Winter Classic: Live animals, musical acts and a re-opened State Fair Midway

They tried to get Post Malone for some of the music entertainment but his schedule was full:laugh:makes sense since he's from the Dallas area but still that's not very country themed like they wanted

Basically, to sum up the article,

The Winter Classic/Cotton bowl will be very country themed. They describe it as "ranch" style. Live animals will be on the field and their will be shows that happen during intermissions and timeouts to contribute to the country feel.

There will be an artist with ties to Dallas and an artist with ties to Nashville that will be performing. One is a Grammy nominee this year and the other has won awards in the past. The artists will be announced in the coming weeks

The Texas state fair will kinda be reopened but in a limited way of course, and only for those with tickets to the game.

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
Jesus why do they always feel the need to try and play up the whole " country ' thing when it comes to Southern teams. Drives me freaking nuts. The whole world is trying to break the idea of stereotypes and the freaking NHL doubles down on that mess.

Reactions: nine_inch_fang

BigFatCat999

First Fubu and now Pred303. !@#$! you cancer
Apr 23, 2007
Campbell, NY
Jesus why do they always feel the need to try and play up the whole " country ' thing when it comes to Southern teams. Drives me freaking nuts. The whole world is trying to break the idea of stereotypes and the freaking NHL doubles down on that mess.

The ATL has hip hop...

hockey diva

RIP Pred303
Sponsor
May 17, 2010
Beleriand
For better or worse, Nashville, at least, is still known as a country music town. I would have liked seeing someone who broader appeal that has adopted Nashville as home like Jack White or the Black Keys.

And the stadium is on the Texas State Fair grounds. Make sense to go a little country.

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
For better or worse, Nashville, at least, is still known as a country music town. I would have liked seeing someone who broader appeal that has adopted Nashville as home like Jack White or the Black Keys.

And the stadium is on the Texas State Fair grounds. Make sense to go a little country.
I'd buy it if it were during the Texas State Fair, but the site itself should have little bearing. They gonna have a country theme if it's on the Wisconsin State Fair grounds? If it were in Nashville I could buy it as well, I mean it is still the home of country music, but in a place like Dallas it's more like it's in the South so gotta be country theme. Dallas is about as country as Atlanta.

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
So can confirm that size 50 for the jersey is basically a mens medium. I have been told I can return it in person to to the team store for refund or exchange. I like the look, but I'm also thinking I jinxed Pekka by getting his jersey. Will have to see how we are doing as to whether to exchange or just return

Reactions: NoNecksCurse
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad