News Article: Preds 2020 WINTER CLASSIC

Status
Not open for further replies.

maplepred

Go Preds Go!!
Aug 14, 2011
I've read through this whole ridiculous thread and the only thing I have to say is that the Winter Classic Jerseys aren't 300 plus dollars.

Hope that was helpful, I'm really trying here...........
How much are they?
When I was at Preds game the regular ones were like $270.

Gh24

Feb 12, 2014
Actually what I said was correct. I have a friend that worked in the Reebok factory when nhl jerseys were made by Reebok and this is exactly the procedure. I do not see how it would be different buying them from adidas as both are manufactured in Asia.

One has a license to produce the jerseys with trademark logos while the other one does not...?

maplepred

Go Preds Go!!
Aug 14, 2011
Alright. I apologize for bringing it up. I thought some of you would maybe be excited to get these jerseys for a fraction of the price. Thousands of people buy these jerseys, just thought I would share with you all and not get ripped out of town lol.

Sorry everyone,

101st_fan

I taught Yoda
Oct 22, 2005
Near where sand and waves meet.
Actually what I said was correct. I have a friend that worked in the Reebok factory when nhl jerseys were made by Reebok and this is exactly the procedure. I do not see how it would be different buying them from adidas as both are manufactured in Asia. These people that work for slave labour rates rely on people buying their jerseys they manufacture after hours, and Reebok/adidas permits them to do so so I do not see why your ass is so chapped over this. If you want to spend $300 plus on a jersey someone made for pennies than to me that’s not cool. I used to buy Nike shoes but refuse to now as the people making them are kids getting paid peanuts. But hey if you wanna support that kind of stuff then cool. NHL charges ridiculous amounts for jerseys that cost literally pennies to make. That’s the true crime.

I don’t care if you think I’m a hardened criminal and may end up doing a life sentence for purchasing jerseys on eBay that weren’t made during regular adidas manufacturing hours. All i was doing was telling you all that there is options to get them cheaper. If you don’t want to buy one that is your prerogative my friend. I will post pictures as others have requested to show the quality from the ebay sellers. Buying them from “jersey sites” are always garbage jerseys with stretched out symbols and crappy material, eBay are legit ones.

Have you ever downloaded a song? Burned a CD? J walked? Steamed a game?

Anyways, I respect your opinion and am not going to belittle you. To each their own my friend.

I would actually love to see the flawed logic you would use in an attempt to belittle me after you've detailed how you rationalize away your repeated endorsement of counterfeiting. You've gone so far as to try to claim that a certain subset of counterfeits are "legit". The idea that the company actually permits the use of company equipment and resources to make unauthorized, and illegal, counterfeits is patently absurd.

I'll leave you to your hyperbole and strawman creation.

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
I'm not going to belittle anyone for doing it, the cost of NHL sweaters are ridiculous. The other reason is that we've all done something or another like this. If you've ever downloaded music, watched a dubbed movie, borrowed one of your buddies video games, watched a stream of a hockey game, and a whole host of other things, you have done exactly the same thing.

Ain't no ones hands clean when it comes to stuff like that.

Gh24

Feb 12, 2014
I'll say this, if they are being made by what amounts to slave labor, I'm not sure that's a Hill I want to plant my flag on for reasoning.
If the same person sews together two jerseys, first one during working hours and the second one after hours using same materials, then (of course along with some sort of quality assurance) what else separates these two products? One is official and one is not.

Gh24

Feb 12, 2014
I'm not going to belittle anyone for doing it, the cost of NHL sweaters are ridiculous. The other reason is that we've all done something or another like this. If you've ever downloaded music, watched a dubbed movie, borrowed one of your buddies video games, watched a stream of a hockey game, and a whole host of other things, you have done exactly the same thing.

Ain't no ones hands clean when it comes to stuff like that.
You can do most of that other stuff in your own privacy while using a counterfeit jersey in public is more visible so it's easier to judge. No one asked you "lol are you poor?" when you downloaded that latest album of your favorite band, but they will more likely ask the same question if you wear a counterfeit jersey.

Don't get me wrong, I agree with you, just saying that a lot of people are hypocrites because they don't realize this or need to boost their social status.

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
There must be someone I have on ignore posting in this thread because I read it and it makes no sense o_O
Ditto. I haven't seen anybody yet who has criticized maplepred's intentions. I would definitely buy a good knockoff too, and I would never, ever, in a million years, pay $300 for a slave-labor-sourced authentic jersey. I don't care how much money you have, it's just bad value for your $$$. But I think it's best to recognize that it is technically illegal what these guys are doing, so in the best interests of supporting them it might be better not to draw too much attention to them on a public forum and risk getting them noticed by their employers or the authorities? :dunno: But I don't know, maybe it is just soooooo widespread that even their employers and the authorities literally do not care. I thought I remembered some rumor of a crackdown coming a few years ago, but I don't get any sense that ever happened. :dunno:

Reactions: maplepred

maplepred

Go Preds Go!!
Aug 14, 2011
Ditto. I haven't seen anybody yet who has criticized maplepred's intentions. I would definitely buy a good knockoff too, and I would never, ever, in a million years, pay $300 for a slave-labor-sourced authentic jersey. I don't care how much money you have, it's just bad value for your $$$. But I think it's best to recognize that it is technically illegal what these guys are doing, so in the best interests of supporting them it might be better not to draw too much attention to them on a public forum and risk getting them noticed by their employers or the authorities? :dunno: But I don't know, maybe it is just soooooo widespread that even their employers and the authorities literally do not care. I thought I remembered some rumor of a crackdown coming a few years ago, but I don't get any sense that ever happened. :dunno:

101st_fan is the one upset with me. I am choosing not to reply to it anymore, not worth arguing we all have our own values and 101’s is very against buying “not officially licensed” jerseys so that is 101’s perogative, to each their own. Who am I to criticize what others feel about something? Just wish that feeling was mutual.

I do remember that a few years back about trying to crack down on it, I think it’s even bigger now than it was then. Probably just too hard to stop, especially when Reebok/Adidas lets their “slave labour” employees purchase the materials to make after hours jerseys, it almost promotes it. I feel they do not care overseas, it is the NHL over here that wants all of the jersey revenue because they make a killing off them. But does the mail carriers care as much as the NHL? I would say that’s a definite no. They are more worried about weapons and drugs/substances then to worry about jerseys. They aren’t going to open every package with “clothing” in it. Imagine the back up at the customs??

There is some good “knock offs” and some awful ones. I find the key is to just not purchase from “discount jersey sites” and rather to use stuff like eBay. There is hundreds of sellers though doing it on eBay so you need to look at their feedback before purchasing to determine the quality.

As I said, I only posted because I know I wanted a couple of these jerseys and I just thought it would be nice of me to let you all know about this. If people don’t want to buy them at the discount because it’s “illegal”, then that’s fine. No need to criticize though others who don’t want to spend the ridiculous amounts the NHL sells them for and makes a killing.

As said above, everyone has burned a movie, downloaded a song or streamed a game.... or bought a cheap jersey from Asia. Has anyone every gone to jail for this? I think the justice system has enough on their hands. Just my two cents,

Reactions: NNCbama

NoNecksCurse

Oct 19, 2011
Crap. I ordered a 50 because that's what size blazer I wear. Hopefully it's big enough.
Size 50 on size charts equals a mens medium. although I would say it wears closer to a large

For everyone's information, size 52 is a men's large. 54 XL, 56 XXL, 60 3XL.

Obviously we could have unique body types but this is a guideline.

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
You can do most of that other stuff in your own privacy while using a counterfeit jersey in public is more visible so it's easier to judge. No one asked you "lol are you poor?" when you downloaded that latest album of your favorite band, but they will more likely ask the same question if you wear a counterfeit jersey.

Don't get me wrong, I agree with you, just saying that a lot of people are hypocrites because they don't realize this or need to boost their social status.
Doesn't really matter what the cost is or how visible it is, it's still the exact same thing.

Personally always thought the officially licensed thing was ridiculous. There is nothing to it to amount t to what has got to be nearly a 300% profit.

Reactions: maplepred

jumb0

Feb 3, 2017
Size 50 on size charts equals a mens medium. although I would say it wears closer to a large

For everyone's information, size 52 is a men's large. 54 XL, 56 XXL, 60 3XL.

Obviously we could have unique body types but this is a guideline.

I ended up trying a few on at Sport Seasons and the sizing chart is accurate. I tried a 54, 56 & 60 and the 56 was the right fit.

LCPreds

Dec 8, 2013
TN
I’m glad I preordered mine. Blanks were around 160, tack on a bit more for tax.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad