Predictions for the 2015-2016 season

zerekstar

Dec 5, 2010
Thunderbay, On (Kakabeka Falls)
Every day I get up, I change my opinion. I think Our goaltending is up in the air. You never know with Smith. Our forwards aren't horrible but they are a long ways from being good too. But our defense is a major concern and nothing up and coming to fix it. I don't feel to hopeful about it today. Ah tomorrow is a new day.

Kaibur

Jan 23, 2009
Phoenix, AZ
None of the forwards will score 20+ goals on the Coyotes.

Maloney will bring in another veteran before the season starts, bumping a prospect down to Springfield.

Team will finish 4th worst and will draft 7th.

Tippett will warm to one or two rookies and give them preferential treatment. The rest will struggle to get ice time.

Springfield will make the playoffs.

AZviaNJ

“Sure as shit want to F*** Coyote fans.”
Mar 31, 2011
AZ
My guess:

30. NJ
29. Carolina
28. Vancouver (due to massive in season fire sale)
27. Toronto
26. Arizona - but we'll pick 2nd and select Puljujärvi

AZviaNJ

“Sure as shit want to F*** Coyote fans.”
Mar 31, 2011
AZ
If we're picking 2nd, I sure hope we take Chychrun. Plays the right side (is LHS, though) and is NHL ready.
Wonder if the 2nd pick turns into a Stromarnafin-type choice between Chychrun, Puljujärv and Tkachuk.

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
I fear that we will kill our rebuild by finishing mid-pack. At least we won't have Moss to kick around anymore.

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
I fear that we will kill our rebuild by finishing mid-pack. At least we won't have Moss to kick around anymore.

I don't think a team needs to be totally in the gutter for multiple years for a rebuild to work. We have managed to get some nice prospects picking mid round anyway to go along with last seasons trainwreck. And they have the best prospect pool the team has ever had by a considerable margin.

Plus if this team finishes mid-pack that almost certainly means some of those prospects emerged as NHLers. That would mean the Coyotes have had their best success at drafting/development to date. They don't have the vets necessary for a 2012 style run where a lot of older players have career year or renaissance . Even if Smith stands on his head again.

That's why we're being picked for last. I think they'll be slightly better then that at around 73-75 points, about 25th-26th in the league. That would be a pretty good result considering Doan/Vermette are a year older and Yandle is gone.

Don't think there will be 3 teams below 65 points like there was last year, that was a pretty big outlier compared to recent history. Little more parity amongst the non-playoff teams and a more entertaining NHL product overall.

Now if they do something stupid and "go for it" by making a dumb trade then I'll be right there with ya. But that doesn't seem like Maloney. He's never done something all that crazy regarding young assets.

Most importantly they can't be dreadfully unentertaining to watch. The 06-07 team was also 29th in the league but I'd watch that team over and over again for 5 years straight before suffering through a repeat of last season.

Grimes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2012
Tippet's Doghouse
Wonder if the 2nd pick turns into a Stromarnafin-type choice between Chychrun, Puljujärv and Tkachuk.

Time will tell but it sure seems to be developing that way already. Tkachuk being on a stacked and well publicized London team will help as well.

Much more fun combination than the Stromarnafin btw. Some real gems.

Tkapulchurn
Pulchychuk
Tkachyjarv

Really endless.

So a strong top 4, but anyone have ideas how the draft class is supposed to be in general.

cobra427

May 6, 2012

Since Schlemko/Moss/Klink/Korpi are gone, who is the perennial whipping boy this year? I vote for Chip, but maybe Z depending on his play with the money he is making. If Chip does not play or is cut, and once Z is injured, who will it be?

Grimes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2012
Tippet's Doghouse
Since Schlemko/Moss/Klink/Korpi are gone, who is the perennial whipping boy this year? I vote for Chip, but maybe Z depending on his play with the money he is making. If Chip does not play or is cut, and once Z is injured, who will it be?

Brad Richardson has a great shot at becoming this. Two year deal. Or is it three? If he plays like a 4th liner then I guess he moves down next season when one of Strome/Dvorak come in, but then he becomes an expensive 4C.

moosemeister

5,000 strong
Feb 15, 2010
Mesa, Arizona
Brad Richardson has a great shot at becoming this. Two year deal. Or is it three? If he plays like a 4th liner then I guess he moves down next season when one of Strome/Dvorak come in, but then he becomes an expensive 4C.

Ghetto Datsyuk is my choice. But I do worry about Richardson

Bandit34

Jul 23, 2007
HFBoards

Why don't we pick a guy that plays key minutes, you know, actually has an impact on the game? Every year it's always the 4th liners and the 7th defenseman that make little money. I vote mike smith.

cobra427

May 6, 2012
Why don't we pick a guy that plays key minutes, you know, actually has an impact on the game? Every year it's always the 4th liners and the 7th defenseman that make little money. I vote mike smith.

I think it will be a Smith too but with a Tip/DM combo whipping boy. Just remember we are the consensus last place team in the west, so anything better means Tip/DM over achieved:) Z/Hanzal will be hurt as usual, Vermette/Gordon as advertised, Doan excused for old age, youth excused/blame Tip, OEL will be OEL, and Bods will be lights out (UFA year).

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Time will tell but it sure seems to be developing that way already. Tkachuk being on a stacked and well publicized London team will help as well.

Much more fun combination than the Stromarnafin btw. Some real gems.

Tkapulchurn
Pulchychuk
Tkachyjarv

Really endless.

So a strong top 4, but anyone have ideas how the draft class is supposed to be in general.

Winner.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad