Predictions for the 2015-2016 season

AZviaNJ

“Sure as shit want to F*** Coyote fans.”
Mar 31, 2011
AZ
That GM must have had a good teacher to be the best in the NHL:) Calgary over achieved last year and had many breaks go there way. I agree the roster is improved but they still might be a borderline playoff team, not a lock IMHO.
Don't know who was the teacher and who was the student. Do know who's the better GM right now.

cobra427

May 6, 2012
Don't know who was the teacher and who was the student. Do know who's the better GM right now.

DM had a few years in which he caught lightning in a bottle, last year might have been BT's turn. Sakic was a genius 2 years ago too, not looking so smart now, but time will tell. Honestly, there are too many moving parts, timing, goal tending, injuries, etc..to determine if BT is a great GM.

Mosby

Fire Bettman
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
I'd really like to see what Maloney could do with a cap team. Imagine if he stayed in NYR as the heir apparent to Sather, rather than Gorton.

CC96

Serious Offender
Nov 6, 2012
Mesa, Arizona
I'd really like to see what Maloney could do with a cap team. Imagine if he stayed in NYR as the heir apparent to Sather, rather than Gorton.

"If I had the budget of the New York Rangers, I'd win the cup every year".

- Glen Sather during his time with the Oilers.

Sometimes it's not about having a huge budget.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Added Hamilton and a quality bottom 6 guy in Frolik, best blue line in the NHL and their young forwards will continue to improve. Also have arguably the best GM in the NHL who consistently and aggressively upgrades the team...and will again at the deadline.

Went to the 2nd round last season, despite what the hockey analytical geeks say, I think the Flames take another step this year.

The best GM in the NHL! What the hell have you been smoking? You don't become the best GM in the NHL after one or two years.

lanky

Feeling Spicy
Jun 23, 2007
Winnipeg
We're not finishing last. The Devils have either a Schlemko or a Moore on two thirds of their D pairings. They also have Stempniak on their top line.

0point1

Sep 14, 2011
Arizona
We're not finishing last.

Agreed.

I've been thinking about when we inevitably don't get the 1OA in the draft we have lots of pieces we can trade to move up if we wanted to. Two first round picks, other round picks, tons of prospects, can take cap dumps, and a few nonessential current players worth something to other teams.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Agreed.

I've been thinking about when we inevitably don't get the 1OA in the draft we have lots of pieces we can trade to move up if we wanted to. Two first round picks, other round picks, tons of prospects, can take cap dumps, and a few nonessential current players worth something to other teams.

Trading up isn't worth it. Someone will want a huge ransom for Matthews. I'd rather keep the depth.

BUX7PHX

Jul 7, 2011
Bumping - did anyone have getting rid of Maloney on the predictions list, lol?

BUX7PHX

Jul 7, 2011
- 79 points on the year.

- Our 2nd best defenseman will actually be Dahlbeck (overall play, not points-wise).

- Gormley and Boedker will both be traded by the deadline.

- Domi will have 37 points (10 G, 27 A).

- Hanzal will play in less than 64 games.

- Samuelsson and Perlini will both get at least 16 games with the team.

- John Scott will dress for the first game against the Kings. He will fight Jordan Nolan. And Milan Lucic.

- I will attend one home game this year. Hopefully more, but my best guess is I can only fly back for one.

Hmmm, came close on the points and Hanzal prediction. Nailed the trades. Everything else was wrong, haha

ClassLessCoyote

Staying classy
Jun 10, 2009
Coyotes will be the worst team in the league.

I was off but it really did seem at the time the team would be the worst in the league.

rocky-iii-33.png

A real understatement now given the latest news and failed ability to tank.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011

We said the same thing about Sather when he left the Oilers.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad