Predictions for the 2015-2016 season

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
Coyote fans make me mad, honestly. The people the like the coyotes, but not hockey in general that make stupid and homer comments about everything, and basically worship the players are just weird.

Yeah, but think about it - if you visit, say, the trade forum here and look at the stupefyingly terrible posts from Leafs fans, you'll remember that every fan base has its share of whackadoodles.

I do think that our "superfans" are from the same cloth as the hardest-core ComiCon attendees, but at least they show passion. One thing I don't like about the rank and file of Coyotes fans (and I'm including myself in this assessment) is that they tend to sit on their hands at games unless the team actually scores a goal.

PerpetualTankYear

Doan 3:16
Mar 27, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
Yeah, but think about it - if you visit, say, the trade forum here and look at the stupefyingly terrible posts from Leafs fans, you'll remember that every fan base has its share of whackadoodles.

I do think that our "superfans" are from the same cloth as the hardest-core ComiCon attendees, but at least they show passion. One thing I don't like about the rank and file of Coyotes fans (and I'm including myself in this assessment) is that they tend to sit on their hands at games unless the team actually scores a goal.

I agree. I don't think I've been super into a Coyotes game since 2012. When I go to a football game, I yell when my team is on defense, and cheer when my team makes a good play. For the Yotes, I clap when we score, and sit quietly for the rest.

Murf

Apr 10, 2007
WESTSIDE(of Gilbert)
Deadline trades of Doan, Boedker, Vermette, Michalek, and Gordon (not Hanzal because he's injured).

Finish last place overall, get the 2nd pick overall pick, and then trade two first rounders and a second to Edmonton to move up to the first overall.

BlazingBlueAnt

Jul 12, 2014
Deadline trades of Doan, Boedker, Vermette, Michalek, and Gordon (not Hanzal because he's injured).

Finish last place overall, get the 2nd pick overall pick, and then trade two first rounders and a second to Edmonton to move up to the first overall.

Vermette has NTC

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Hi, our fans are a bunch of outcast freaks. Come to our games if your HxC enough bro!!

That ad sounds more like it's talking about wannabe hardcore dudes, who actually play Warcraft, or watch My Little Pony, than it talks about people who are hockey fans.

"You don't understand our CLOTHES!" haha. What the eff?

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
The message would be fine if fans were being sold the tough, scrappy teams of old. Haven't seen a team like that around these parts for some time now. A marketing message is only effective if it's believable.

Plub

Part time Leaf fan
Jan 9, 2011
Arizona

:laugh:

The first overall should simply be renamed Edmonton's pick.

Has any sport rivaled the dominance they've shown in getting number-one picks?

Stupid EDM.

CC96

Serious Offender
Nov 6, 2012
Mesa, Arizona

Cleveland jumped from the 9th. overall to 1st. overall pick last year, with a 1.7% chance of winning. The Cavs had .00012 odds of winning their 4 lotteries, or a 1-in-10,000 chance.

Edmonton had a .005 odds of winning their four lotteries, or a 1-in-200 chance.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
"It's not a phase, mom!"

emo4.jpg

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Cleveland jumped from the 9th. overall to 1st. overall pick last year, with a 1.7% chance of winning. The Cavs had .00012 odds of winning their 4 lotteries, or a 1-in-10,000 chance.

Not to mention they picked #1 3 out of 4 years, and picked 4th overall twice in that same span. Bennett was a big bust, and they traded away Wiggins for Kevin Love, the NHL trade equivalent of which would detonate the HF servers.

They basically picked half an NBA roster in the first round over 4 years.

Plub

Part time Leaf fan
Jan 9, 2011
Arizona

That's some serious luck. No doubt about it.

Cleveland picks:

2015-24
2014-1
2013-1,19
2012-4,24
2011-1,4
2010-0
2009-30

Edmonton picks:

2015-1
2014-3
2013-7
2012-1
2011-1
2010-1
2009-10

I didn't look at the list properly the first time for the Cavs and admittedly don't follow basketball at all. They are definitely up there with Edmonton.

CC96

Serious Offender
Nov 6, 2012
Mesa, Arizona
I didn't look at the list properly the first time for the Cavs and admittedly don't follow basketball at all. They are definitely up there with Edmonton.

Don't forget their biggest win of them all, the 2004 lottery, where the grand prize was none other than their hometown hero LeBron James.

AZviaNJ

“Sure as shit want to F*** Coyote fans.”
Mar 31, 2011
AZ
Season/Playoff Predictions:

EAST:
TB over CBJ
Wash over Pit
NYI over NYR
Det over Mon

TB over Det
Wash over NYI

TB over Wash

WEST
Ana over Edm
Cal over LA
Dal over Chi
Minn over STL

Cal over Ana
Minn over Dal

Minn over Cal

SCF:
TB over Minn

DaveMiles

Mar 27, 2014
Salt Lake City, UT
You really like Calgary... Whats the thought process there? Mine looks something like this:

EAST:
TB over Car
Mon over Det
NYI over NYR
Wash over Pit

Mon over TB
NYI over Wash

NYI over Mon

WEST
SJ over Dal
ANA over LA
STL over Chi
Minn over Winn

SJ over Ana
STL over Minn

STL over SJ

SCF:
NYI over STL

AZviaNJ

“Sure as shit want to F*** Coyote fans.”
Mar 31, 2011
AZ
You really like Calgary... Whats the thought process there? Mine looks something like this:

EAST:
TB over Car
Mon over Det
NYI over NYR
Wash over Pit

Mon over TB
NYI over Wash

NYI over Mon

WEST
SJ over Dal
ANA over LA
STL over Chi
Minn over Winn

SJ over Ana
STL over Minn

STL over SJ

SCF:
NYI over STL
Added Hamilton and a quality bottom 6 guy in Frolik, best blue line in the NHL and their young forwards will continue to improve. Also have arguably the best GM in the NHL who consistently and aggressively upgrades the team...and will again at the deadline.

Went to the 2nd round last season, despite what the hockey analytical geeks say, I think the Flames take another step this year.

cobra427

May 6, 2012
Added Hamilton and a quality bottom 6 guy in Frolik, best blue line in the NHL and their young forwards will continue to improve. Also have arguably the best GM in the NHL who consistently and aggressively upgrades the team...and will again at the deadline.

Went to the 2nd round last season, despite what the hockey analytical geeks say, I think the Flames take another step this year.

That GM must have had a good teacher to be the best in the NHL:) Calgary over achieved last year and had many breaks go there way. I agree the roster is improved but they still might be a borderline playoff team, not a lock IMHO.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad