Prediction: The marketing will not get any better

Behold this cringe-fest:

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Prediction: The marketing will not get any better

Behold this cringe-fest:

The writing and the narration are really cringe inducing.

The video is a really cool, though. If they'd have just played generic instrumental hard rock music over top, it would have been cool.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
The writing and the narration are really cringe inducing.

The video is a really cool, though. If they'd have just played generic instrumental hard rock music over top, it would have been cool.

Here's the 30 second spot:

Etch

Relegate the Oilers
Jun 1, 2011
Moncton, NB
I actually like that video, gets me fired up for the season and makes me proud as a fan, despite our recent... struggles.

ClassLessCoyote

Staying classy
Jun 10, 2009
I predict we'll see McDavid jerseys outnumber any other kind of Oiler jersey at the games. We'll see more Eichel jerseys than any of the other Buffalo jerseys at the game vs Buffalo.

moosemeister

5,000 strong
Feb 15, 2010
Mesa, Arizona
I actually like that video, gets me fired up for the season and makes me proud as a fan, despite our recent... struggles.

I'm quite impressed with it. I do media for a living and I actually enjoyed it. Much better than most of the crap they release, so props to their creative team.

CC96

Serious Offender
Nov 6, 2012
Mesa, Arizona
Hi, our fans are a bunch of outcast freaks. Come to our games if your HxC enough bro!!

That ad sounds more like it's talking about wannabe hardcore dudes, who actually play Warcraft, or watch My Little Pony, than it talks about people who are hockey fans.

0point1

Sep 14, 2011
Arizona
I like it. Unfortunately this is probably the video they will air at the Monster before every game so after about 3 or 4 games I will be sick of it.

kihekah19*

Oct 25, 2010
Phoenix, Arizona
Hi, our fans are a bunch of outcast freaks. Come to our games if your HxC enough bro!!

That ad sounds more like it's talking about wannabe hardcore dudes, who actually play Warcraft, or watch My Little Pony, than it talks about people who are hockey fans.

Have you ever looked around at a game and seen all the freaks? Every time I do, I see what MUST BE posters on this forum! :laugh:

Seriously though, I believe they are speaking to the uniqueness of the game and it's fans and throwing a subtle challenge as well.

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
Bring out the Harleys for the pre-game show and put a tatoo parlor on the upper concourse. That would dovetail nicely with the new ad campaign.

CC96

Serious Offender
Nov 6, 2012
Mesa, Arizona
Have you ever looked around at a game and seen all the freaks? Every time I do, I see what MUST BE posters on this forum! :laugh:

Seriously though, I believe they are speaking to the uniqueness of the game and it's fans and throwing a subtle challenge as well.

Honestly, the people on this forum I've met are way more normal than most of the freaks I see at Coyotes games. Makes sense too, because only a freak, or a diehard hockey fan (us) would watch the garbage we've suffered through recently.

PerpetualTankYear

Doan 3:16
Mar 27, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
I've also noticed a large volume of strange people at Coyote games. I don't get it.

Coyote fans make me mad, honestly. The people the like the coyotes, but not hockey in general that make stupid and homer comments about everything, and basically worship the players are just weird.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
I've also noticed a large volume of strange people at Coyote games. I don't get it.

Coyote fans make me mad, honestly. The people the like the coyotes, but not hockey in general that make stupid and homer comments about everything, and basically worship the players are just weird.

To be fair, I wouldn't be a fan of hockey either if I watched the Coyotes first. Hard to sell the game when you play like Tippett's teams do.

ClassLessCoyote

Staying classy
Jun 10, 2009

Except every single fanbase has these kinds of fans. Sometimes the blind homerism is annoying but sometimes it's good to hear it in comparison to the relocatioist crap.

CC96

Serious Offender
Nov 6, 2012
Mesa, Arizona

Hahahaha, I'm so glad I'm not the only one who noticed! I was starting to wonder if I was just crazy.

PerpetualTankYear

Doan 3:16
Mar 27, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
Prediction:

http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showthread.php?t=1961691

We are predicted to be dead last in the NHL, almost unanimous. We would need under 50 points to under achieve. The dire prediction is because of our AHL talent level, not our coach. If we get 70 points or more Tip should be coach of the year.

Challenge accepted. Let's shoot for 30 points, and have last place locked in by January.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad