Predictions for Kvalserien?

Exarz

Jan 1, 2014
Helsinki
Oh the anxiety..

I really hope Rögle (or Mögle :laugh:) gets promoted. If AIK is going to end their season on second place, they need to win by 4 goals against Rögle while Djurgården loses in regulation against Västerås. Not going to happen, so how will AIK do? Help their biggest rival by trying and win by 4 goals, or destroy for their biggest rival by let a few ones slide in pretty easily?

I bet the AIK-fans wouldn't be very amused by watching AIK help Djurgården :laugh::help:

SurMartin

Jul 26, 2010
København/Skellefteå
Kiruna was in the pre-qualification for Kvalserien this season. They lost in the 2nd "playoff round" against Tingsryd. The 3rd "playoff round" is the last one. From that, the 4 winner goes to Kvalserien. (So Kiruna was one of the 8 best division 1 teams this season).

I'd say Piteå and Sundsvall from Northern Sweden got a good chance to get promoted next season, since the top 4 teams in Kvalserien gets promoted (SHL is expanding to 14 teams). Kiruna could be a wild card.

Well, of course it would be fun if the hockey map in Allsvenskan was a bit more geographically spread out, but the reason no one wants that is because they barely get any fans at their games and no one wants to see them play either, so yeah.. I think you get my point ;)
A couple of years ago no one wanted to watch Örebro either.
Kiruna is small, but it's a hockeytown just like Skeå and Övik. They have produced many great players and coaches. With a good team and arena they should be able to have atleast 4k in attendance.

(Personally hoping for Djurgården tonight just because it would be nice for the Skellefteåfans in Stockholm.)

Last edited:

m4tt145

Jun 7, 2013
I really, really hope Djurgården makes it. Rögle is such a boring and unattractive team.

Exarz

Jan 1, 2014
Helsinki
A couple of years ago no one wanted to watch Örebro either.
Kiruna is small, but it's a hockeytown just like Skeå and Övik. They have produced many great players and coaches. With a good team and arena they should be able to have atleast 4k in attendance.

I'd say an average attendance of 4.000 feels like a long shot, at least in Allsvenskan. Skellefteå had an average attendance of 3.142 the season they got promoted, so for Kiruna to even come up to that number would take a long time. There is also a quite big difference in the matter of population aswell:

City of Kiruna: 18.148
City of Skellfeteå: 32.775

Municipality of Kiruna: 23.196
Municipality of Skellefteå: 71.988

In my opinion, Kiruna could have an attendance of 2.500 if they were a middle team in Allsvenskan!

SurMartin

Jul 26, 2010
København/Skellefteå
I'd say an average attendance of 4.000 feels like a long shot, at least in Allsvenskan. Skellefteå had an average attendance of 3.142 the season they got promoted, so for Kiruna to even come up to that number would take a long time. There is also a quite big difference in the matter of population aswell:

City of Kiruna: 18.148
City of Skellfeteå: 32.775

Municipality of Kiruna: 23.196
Municipality of Skellefteå: 71.988

In my opinion, Kiruna could have an attendance of 2.500 if they were a middle team in Allsvenskan!
I think you're underestimating the hockeyculture in Kiruna. This is the town where the rivalry between IF and AIF was so strong it divided families. I belive they could have about 3k in Allsvenskan and at least 4k if they ever were promoted to the SEL. Also, don't underestimate the local hatred for the biggest towns in northern norrland (Umeå and Luleå), bet a lot of those who don't like Luleå would travel to Kirunas games and start to root for them as the underdog.

Exarz

Jan 1, 2014
Helsinki
I think you're underestimating the hockeyculture in Kiruna. This is the town where the rivalry between IF and AIF was so strong it divided families. I belive they could have about 3k in Allsvenskan and at least 4k if they ever were promoted to the SEL. Also, don't underestimate the local hatred for the biggest towns in northern norrland (Umeå and Luleå), bet a lot of those who don't like Luleå would travel to Kirunas games and start to root for them as the underdog.

Rivalry between two local clubs is one thing, but now we're talking about teams from the more Southern part of Sweden. 3.000 will never happen in Allsvenskan for Kiruna, that would place them 7th in the attendance after Djurgården, Malmö, Björklöven, Västerås, Södertälje and Karlskrona. As I said, 2.500 feels more like a number for Kiruna.

I know there's a lot of local hatred for those teams, but no, that would probably not work if Kiruna got promoted to Allsvenskan.

Still they only had an attendance of 675 in division 1, and 404 in the playoff rounds :shakehead

SurMartin

Jul 26, 2010
København/Skellefteå
Rivalry between two local clubs is one thing, but now we're talking about teams from the more Southern part of Sweden. 3.000 will never happen in Allsvenskan for Kiruna, that would place them 7th in the attendance after Djurgården, Malmö, Björklöven, Västerås, Södertälje and Karlskrona. As I said, 2.500 feels more like a number for Kiruna.

I know there's a lot of local hatred for those teams, but no, that would probably not work if Kiruna got promoted to Allsvenskan.

Still they only had an attendance of 675 in division 1, and 404 in the playoff rounds :shakehead
Well 2,5k and 3k is not that big of a difference. ;) I think it would be a lot more fun to have Kiruna in Allsvenskan than Asplöven.

Why not?

Last year they were more hyped and in the last playoff game at home there were 2704 in attendance.

Hedning

A New Beginning
Apr 26, 2012
Oh the anxiety..

I really hope Rögle (or Mögle :laugh:) gets promoted. If AIK is going to end their season on second place, they need to win by 4 goals against Rögle while Djurgården loses in regulation against Västerås. Not going to happen, so how will AIK do? Help their biggest rival by trying and win by 4 goals, or destroy for their biggest rival by let a few ones slide in pretty easily?

I bet the AIK-fans wouldn't be very amused by watching AIK help Djurgården :laugh::help:

Nope, you can say that again... But we can't give up before the game either and just put up a non show since we still have a small chance of making it... But if dif starts to run away in their game, then I hope we lose big time. So much at stake. The rivalry. Money involved of losing out on a derby, which would atleast been a consolation prize if we're getting relegated. And also all the hype with having dif in the same tier that gets lost. The horror if we should help them tonight. NO, please no! It just can't happen!

Exarz

Jan 1, 2014
Helsinki
Djurgården is in SHL at the moment.

Current table and scores:

Rögle 0-0 AIK
Örebro 0-1 Malmö
Djurgården 3-1 Västerås

1. Örebro +14 21P
2. Djurgården +4 17P
---------------------
3. Rögle +2 15P
4. Malmö -5 15P
5. AIK -1 12P
6. Västerås -13 9P

joe89

Apr 30, 2009
It's almost as if AIK wants 0-0 heading into the third period and see what the other scores are by then. That third period could get ugly if they stop playing.

Exarz

Jan 1, 2014
Helsinki
It's almost as if AIK wants 0-0 heading into the third period and see what the other scores are by then. That third period could get ugly if they stop playing.

That was my thought as well, but two goals in 20 minutes can be hard in a tight game like this!

Exarz

Jan 1, 2014
Helsinki
Current table and results:

Rögle 0-1 AIK
Örebro 0-3 Malmö
Djurgården 5-1 Västerås

1. Örebro +12 21P
2. Djurgården +5 17P
---------------------
3. Malmö -3 15P
4. Rögle +1 14P
5. AIK +-0 14P
6. Västerås -15 9P

Howe Elbows 9

Sep 16, 2007
Sweden
It doesn't look as if AIK are just going to stop playing... if they stop playing in the third period out of spite, I'll be disappointed.

Exarz

Jan 1, 2014
Helsinki
Current table and statistics:

Rögle 3-1 AIK
Örebro 0-4 Malmö
Djurgården 6-2 Västerås

1. Örebro +11 21P
2. Djurgården +5 17P
---------------------
3. Rögle +4 17P
4. Malmö -2 15P
5. AIK -3 11P
6. Västerås -15 9P

Hedning

A New Beginning
Apr 26, 2012
:banghead::banghead::banghead:
:baghead::baghead::baghead:
:nono::nono::nono:

We sucked... like the whole seson. Couldn't even lose in style when needed. Only hoped to have a derby to look forward to next year at least... But that was not to be.

Butt cong... :monkey: (naa I can't say it, but you get the gist I guess)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad