Predictions for Kvalserien?

m4tt145

Jun 7, 2013
Djurgården - Malmö 1-3
Örebro - AIK 2-5 (Örebro only took one point against AIK this season)
Västerås - Rögle 4-3

Hedning

A New Beginning
Apr 26, 2012
Pinsamt jävla uselt. Frazze håller inte på den här nivån = It's bad, zero gameplan, zero structure, pathetic. But the the series is still wide open. So that's fun atleast... Don't think we'll survive though. Not with this leadership.

Exarz

Jan 1, 2014
Helsinki
Pinsamt jävla uselt. Frazze håller inte på den här nivån = It's bad, zero gameplan, zero structure, pathetic. But the the series is still wide open. So that's fun atleast... Don't think we'll survive though. Not with this leadership.

"Knivien mot strupen" tomorrow for both of us..

Västerås and AIK can only afford to lose 4 points in the last 7 games to reach 20 points, which has been the average for getting promoted (?), even though it might be a few points below average this season..

Aahlstroem

På Legenders Axlar
Dec 7, 2012
Göteborg
I haven't seen any games since Frölunda are playing their playoff games at the same time and days as Kvalserien. But I gotta say that VIK really are making me confused. I were sure that Johansson had messed up with all the late signings after reading the comments after the Rögle game. Then they defeated both DIF and AIK. I hope that they make it! :)

Jonimaus

Jul 15, 2011
Lund
Tomorrows Rögle vs Örebro game is key. If Örebro wins they will very very likely take one of the spots.

Hedning

A New Beginning
Apr 26, 2012
RIP 08 hockeyn

Yup, pretty much... last chance (if any?) tomorrow for both teams, the term: ångestderby comes to mind.

Finally Frazze got canned, but I think it's too late, it should had happen much earlier, at least before this series started.

Exarz

Jan 1, 2014
Helsinki
"Let's change the whole game schedule for all the teams, because Djurgården and AIK can't face each other in a game that's about life and death" :sarcasm:

Teus

Oct 5, 2003
Lund
Visit site
Malmö sure has been up and down so far. I guess the inexperience is showing. They are hanging in there though, but what Malmö will we see in the doubleheader against AIK?

Örebro had the chance to pull away and some had already handed them a SHL spot, when they had the lead against Rögle. Instead we got yet another reminder how close this year's Kvalserien.

If Rögle can beat Djurgården away, they grab the driver's seat with 3 home games in their final 4 games.

Jonimaus

Jul 15, 2011
Lund
If Malmö wins against Rögle, the last game between Malmö and Djurgården is going to be one of the most insane games in swedish hockey history.

Exarz

Jan 1, 2014
Helsinki
Västerås and AIK still has a chance to get promoted

For AIK:

8th Round

- Djurgården needs to lose against Örebro
- Malmö should tie against Rögle
- AIK needs to win against Västerås

9th Round:

- (1) Djurgården or Malmö wins
- (2) Djurgården and Malmö ties
- AIK needs to win against Rögle

Last Round:

- (1) (2) Djurgården needs to lose against Västerås and Malmö needs to lose against Örebro
- AIK needs to win against Rögle

For Västerås:

8th Round:

- Djurgården needs to lose against Örebro
- Malmö should tie against Rögle
- Västerås needs to win against AIK

9th Round:

- It would be best if Djurgården took 3 points against Malmö, but a tie is also good
- Västerås needs to win against Rögle

Last round:

- A game between Djurgården and Västerås. Västerås needs 3 points to get promoted.

To sum it up: Västerås or AIK need to get 16 points in total, while the other teams get 15 points.

- Djurgården needs to lose 2 points in 3 games
- Malmö needs to lose 3 points in 3 games
- Rögle needs to lose 5 points in 3 games

Teus

Oct 5, 2003
Lund
Visit site
Never give up haha.

So many scenarios running through my head. One in which Malmöl would be able to secure the SHL spot with a win against Djurgården... I really hope the Malmö players are only focusing on the next game against Rögle. :laugh:

Exarz

Jan 1, 2014
Helsinki
The season is now over for Västerås after losing 1-4 to AIK.

AIK now got a super chance to get back to the 2nd place

JeffForsberg21

Jul 11, 2004
Quebec
It's my opinion but...

It's a very stupid qualification system (compared for exemple to the Swiss League) now 4 of the 6 remaining KEY games will inlcude an already qualified team (Örebro) and an eliminated team (Västeräs) who had no more motivation

Jonimaus

Jul 15, 2011
Lund
It's my opinion but...

It's a very stupid qualification system (compared for exemple to the Swiss League) now 4 of the 6 remaining KEY games will inlcude an already qualified team (Örebro) and an eliminated team (Västeräs) who had no more motivation

Your opinion is very stupid. It's the greatest thing we have (had after this season, and no, it has nothing to do with what you pointed out) in swedish hockey.

Just came home from the Malmö - Rögle game. I am ****ing done with these ****ing choking scrubs. It's like watching Toronto (thank god I'm not a fan of that team too). Puts themselves in a great position, loses because they play like complete 3rd division scrubs in the first period while the goalie chokes and lets in 3 easy goals. Season over. Good night. Congrats to Örebro, and I hope Djurgården doesn't make it.

Exarz

Jan 1, 2014
Helsinki
It's my opinion but...

Easy to say that, but according to the majority of hockey fans in Sweden this is the heart of Swedish hockey, and most of the people are upset with this being removed until next season.

The reason we have such a strong second division is because of this system, and a lot of people think the second division (Hockeyallsvenskan) will lose skill in the upcoming years from now.

Added: Just by watching the average attendance, this qualification system is hot!

Average attendance in the playoffs: 6696
Average attendance in Kvalserien: 6236
Average attendance in the regular SHL season: 5983

Every team's average attendance in the qualification system:

Malmö (2nd division): 9289 (arena capacity: 12.800) with one home game remaining.
Djurgården, Stockholm (2nd division): 8044 (arena capacity: 8094) with one home game remaining
AIK, Stockholm (SHL-team): 6876 (arena capacity: 8094) with one home game remaining
Örebro (SHL-team): 5046 (arena capacity: 5200) with one home game remaining
Rögle (2nd division): 4157 (arena capacity: 5200)with one home game remaining
Västerås (2nd division): 4032 (arena capacity: 4902) with all home games played

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad