Predictions for Kvalserien?

Exarz

Jan 1, 2014
Helsinki
Given the clubs and cities involved this year could interest/media attention for the Kvalserien eclipse the SHL playoffs?

Of course! The Stockholm derby is hotter than any playoff game in SHL. Add to that, a hot "gnällderby" between Västerås and Örebro, and a possible Skånederby between Malmö and Rögle!

svartgul

Hata Löven
May 9, 2007
Beyond the Infinite
www.northpower.nu
The Djurgården v Gnaget match-up will be really fun to follow and I very much hope that DIF gets back in SHL this year since they have fans that actually show up to support their team. I hope Malmö can get the second spot, but I'll take Västerås or Örebro as well.

Coog

Nov 2, 2010
Stockholm, Sweden
I think Örebro will manage to stay, and I think DjurgÃ¥rden will keep on rolling after their impressive runt to the Kvalserien. As a life long FBK supporter I can’t believe I’m saying this, but I want DjurgÃ¥rden back. Gaahh! On another note, they really should expand the league. I wan’t AIK and Malmö as well. Hopefully the hockeyleague makes it happen nest season.

Exarz

Jan 1, 2014
Helsinki
Results from today's playoff rounds to Kvalserien:

Karlskrona 6-3 Mora
Karlskoga 2-3 (s.o) Rögle

Table:
Name, GP, GD, P
Karlskrona 1 +3 6
-----------------'
Karlskoga 1 -1 5
Rögle 1 +1 3
Mora 1 -3 2

If it looks weird:

You got 4, 3, 2 or 1 point(s), depending on where you ended in the regular season.

Before this game, the table was (without any games played)

Karlskoga 4 pts
---------------
Karlskrona 3 pts
Mora 2 pts
Rögle 1 pt

Winner goes to Kvalserien

Teus

Oct 5, 2003
Lund
Visit site

joe89

Apr 30, 2009
Would've been a perfect time to have four teams from Kvalserien go up this year, but that has to be settled in the summer, preferably before teams go out on the market. They blew it.

I hope they go for 16 teams anyway, I feel like there are 18-20 legit clubs so there'll be a good 16 in SHL and still good teams chasing them.

Exarz

Jan 1, 2014
Helsinki
Would've been a perfect time to have four teams from Kvalserien go up this year, but that has to be settled in the summer, preferably before teams go out on the market. They blew it.

I hope they go for 16 teams anyway, I feel like there are 18-20 legit clubs so there'll be a good 16 in SHL and still good teams chasing them.

Yeah, if they told that before the season started. The worst part now is that they probably wait until after Kvalserien is played to see which the four top clubs are, and then take the decision from that.

They sure have fewer brain cells than the average person :facepalm: :sarcasm:

Exarz

Jan 1, 2014
Helsinki
Decided to add the schedule to the first post. What do you think of the schedule?

I think it's terrible they remade the whole schedule for AIK and Djurgården, when they could've met eachother in round 5 and 6?

Västerås has 4 of their home games in the first 6 games, that feels kind of stupid aswell

Hedning

A New Beginning
Apr 26, 2012
Örebro
AIK
Malmö
VIK
Djurgården
Rögle

Not impossible and it would be the hottest Kvalserie ever, with 3!!! derbys on the menu. And other heated matchups.

And that's the 6 teams. Let's drop the puck and start the mayhem.
What Playoff ?

Exarz

Jan 1, 2014
Helsinki
I have to say, Kvalserien is surely hotter than the playoffs right now :laugh:

Rögle got +++++ from Sportbladet now before Kvalserien, because of their 6 wins in the playoff. Overrated or not?

All the Kvalserien teams rated from Sportbladet

AIK: ++
Djurgården: +++++
Malmö: ++++
Västerås: ++
Örebro: +++
Rögle: +++++

pulverapa

Jul 22, 2011
Stockholm
I have to say, Kvalserien is surely hotter than the playoffs right now :laugh:

Rögle got +++++ from Sportbladet now before Kvalserien, because of their 6 wins in the playoff. Overrated or not?

All the Kvalserien teams rated from Sportbladet

AIK: ++
Djurgården: +++++
Malmö: ++++
Västerås: ++
Örebro: +++
Rögle: +++++

Yeah well, neither of Djurgården, Malmö or Västerås has played a game in 13 days so that means nothing really. By experience, a good start is key to a successful kvalserie. Usually two teams start a hell of a run, I hope that team will be Djurgården.

Hedning

A New Beginning
Apr 26, 2012
AIK played terrible for two periods against djurgården, who played a smart game. But in the third they found their wheels and was clearly the better team. But still a bit to sloppy in their own end, and it could easily have been costly.

Three close games, just the way we like it I guess. On to round #2
Where we have an early series-final between Örebro-AIK on Wednesday, and it's not aired on Viasat... Only on that S24 crap. Oh my. :shakehead

sg58

Jul 15, 2008
Said Malmö and Örebro beforehand see no reason to change that after tonight.

Jonimaus

Jul 15, 2011
Lund
Just came home from the Malmö - Västerås game. Malmö had the puck for most of the game and had a few real good chances. Not the best game I've seen them play but it was alright. Clumsy to lose the 2-0 lead though.
Dissapointed there were only 7000 in the audience, but the atmosphere was amazing.

pulverapa

Jul 22, 2011
Stockholm
It's Malmö's turn this year. Örebro/Malmö will likely join the big boys.

And as always, heavily favored on betting sites, my Djurgården just don't have enough. "But next year, then ****!!"

Exarz

Jan 1, 2014
Helsinki
Just came home from the Malmö - Västerås game. Malmö had the puck for most of the game and had a few real good chances. Not the best game I've seen them play but it was alright. Clumsy to lose the 2-0 lead though.
Dissapointed there were only 7000 in the audience, but the atmosphere was amazing.

I was really shocked when I saw that Västerås had 49% of the puck possession! Felt like it was 70-30 to Malmö :laugh:

Teus

Oct 5, 2003
Lund
Visit site
A bit annoying that Malmö lost the lead, but I'm happy with 2 points in opening game.

Not sure about the decision to go with Robin Rahm in net, when looking at how well Pontus Sjögren has been playing since like New Year. Rahm was solid in the shootouts, but his issues with rebound controls are making me nervous.

Evan McGrath looked a bit lost out there. I guess it might take a few games before he finds his spot on the team/gets going. The quicker, the better for Västerås.

Jonimaus

Jul 15, 2011
Lund
I was really shocked when I saw that Västerås had 49% of the puck possession! Felt like it was 70-30 to Malmö :laugh:

That's pretty shocking indeed. I guess the explanation could be that, at least to me, it felt like Malmö had more "quality" time with the puck, that resulted in far more dangerous scoring chances.

Hedning

A New Beginning
Apr 26, 2012
I think AIK will be fine, personally.

Hope you're right, they looked very shaky for the first two periods. Lots of nerves though. And thank you Canada since they were the ones that apparently could handle the situation the best. Goals by Jordan Hendry & Brett Carson.
But also Daniel Larsson in goal was very solid and he is probably one of the better Keepers in this series. A vital key moving forward.

Interviews with the two Canadians:

Hendry:

Carson:

Last edited:

Exarz

Jan 1, 2014
Helsinki
Jeremy Williams is back in the Västerås's team today. It'll be interesting to see how it goes. We really missed him against Malmö!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad