Predictions for Kvalserien?

sg58

Jul 15, 2008
It's interesting because the stakes are high, not because of the current format. I'm sure people will whine about the format next year, though, but's more fair and more just.

Jonimaus

Jul 15, 2011
Lund
The Kvalserien has it flaws and I'm happy they will remove it. JeffForsberg21 has a point.

Nothing is perfect. It's more unfair for teams in NHL who plays buffalo, edmonton and florida, who has 0 to play for right now. AIK was also set for Kvalserien pretty early in the league.

Arlus

Apr 3, 2014
Europe
I'm happy that Orebro is going to be next year in SHL:). At the start of this Kvlaserien I was sure about them and I said that maybe Malmo can clinch the second spot.

Still two more rounds and they still have a chance.

Exarz

Jan 1, 2014
Helsinki
From a Västerås perspective, I hope either Malmö or Djurgården grabs the SHL-spot.

Why? There will be less competition between the top clubs in Allsvenskan. Malmö and Djurgården will probably both compete about the top 2 spot next season. Rögle and AIK will probably land between 3rd and 8th.

I guess I'm cheering for Malmö, a Stockholm derby would be really fun next season :handclap:

Jonimaus

Jul 15, 2011
Lund
From a Västerås perspective, I hope either Malmö or Djurgården grabs the SHL-spot.

Why? There will be less competition between the top clubs in Allsvenskan. Malmö and Djurgården will probably both compete about the top 2 spot next season. Rögle and AIK will probably land between 3rd and 8th.

I guess I'm cheering for Malmö, a Stockholm derby would be really fun next season :handclap:

I almost hope that somehow they change the rules so only Örebro would get promoted. :laugh: Allsvenskan with Malmö, Djurgården, Rögle, AIK and Västerås would be really fun to watch.

Arlus

Apr 3, 2014
Europe
Will be something with AIK and Djurgardens in Allsvenskan. Anyway, with the SHL expansion next year, both of them could end being promoted.

I was this year at AIK vs Skelleftea at the end of February and I must say that I wasn't impressed by the atmosphere. Considering this aspect, the number of spectators, AIK shouldn't be in SHL.

Exarz

Jan 1, 2014
Helsinki
Will be something with AIK and Djurgardens in Allsvenskan. Anyway, with the SHL expansion next year, both of them could end being promoted.

I was this year at AIK vs Skelleftea at the end of February and I must say that I wasn't impressed by the atmosphere. Considering this aspect, the number of spectators, AIK shouldn't be in SHL.

AIK has some financial problems, so thinking they would be in top next season feels like a lie. Relegated teams barely end top 2, which it will be about next season.

2014: Rögle, 7th
2014: Timrå, 8th
2013: Djurgården, 5th
2012: Södertälje, 9th
2011: Rögle 2nd

Those are the statistics since 2011 (when at least one team has earned promotion every year)

For next season when they expand the league with 2 teams, the top 2 in Allsvenskan will play in a round out of 5, where the winner gets promoted.

3-8 plays a game series of 5 games (one against every team). The best placed team plays against the losing team in the "Allsvenskan final". Winner in that round gets promoted aswell.

The 2nd placed team in that round plays against the 12th placed team in SHL
The 3rd placed team in that round plays against the 11th placed team in SHL

Yes, it's possible, but I'm doubtful that AIK will be in top 2 and get the "easy way". They will surely end in 3-8, but it will be as tough as it gets in those rounds.

Favorites to get promoted next season (my opinion)

- Västerås
- Rögle (unless they get promoted this season)
- Djurgården (unless they get promoted this season)
- Malmö (unless they get promoted this season)

"Wild cards"
- Södertälje
- Mora
- Karlskoga
- AIK (unless they keep their spot in SHL)

zecke26

Jan 16, 2003
It's a very stupid qualification system (compared for exemple to the Swiss League) now 4 of the 6 remaining KEY games will inlcude an already qualified team (Örebro) and an eliminated team (Västeräs) who had no more motivation

no motivation you said?

örebro won at AIK in shootout, västeras won at rögle in shootout. just like all those past years, the teams who have nothing to fight for, fight for their fans, their pride and sometimes against someone you don't like (AIK...) :D

Aahlstroem

På Legenders Axlar
Dec 7, 2012
Göteborg
2014-04-07 19:00
Rögle BK - AIK
Örebro HK - IF Malmö Redhawks
Djurgårdens IF - VIK Västerås HK

2 Rögle +2 14
-------------
3 Djurgården +1 14

Are AIK going to help DIF or will they let some easy ones slip in? :sarcasm:

Arlus

Apr 3, 2014
Europe
AIK has some financial problems, so thinking they would be in top next season feels like a lie. Relegated teams barely end top 2, which it will be about next season.

2014: Rögle, 7th
2014: Timrå, 8th
2013: Djurgården, 5th
2012: Södertälje, 9th
2011: Rögle 2nd

Yes, I hope you're right, but look at Rogle. They've clinched in the last round a spot for Qualification to Kvalserien and now they have a big chance of going up after one year in Allsvenskan.

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
huge game beetween troja and björklöven. no chance to see the game? last year viasat showed 2 games from kvalserien to allsvenskan.

Exarz

Jan 1, 2014
Helsinki
huge game beetween troja and björklöven. no chance to see the game? last year viasat showed 2 games from kvalserien to allsvenskan.

You can buy it from Hockeyallsvenskan website. I can't guarantee it's a good stream. Unfortunately it's usually bad quality on their own streams. The price is 119 (!) SEK :facepalm:

About the game: Tough game for both teams. Winning team keeps it's spot in Hockeyallsvenskan for next season, losing team gets relegated.

2. Björklöven 9 +5 18
---------------------
3. Troja/Ljungby 9 +-0 16

Troja needs 3 points. If Björklöven wins in regulation, or if the match goes to overtime, Troja gets relegated to Division 1 (3rd division)

Exarz

Jan 1, 2014
Helsinki
Björklöven - Troja/Ljungby

Scoreless after the first period

Added: Shots are 13-2 after the first period. Feels like Troja doesn't want to win :sarcasm:

Exarz

Jan 1, 2014
Helsinki
2nd period is over between Björklöven and Troja/Ljungby.

Björklöven leads 1-0. Stefan Andersson gave Björklöven the lead in the 12th minute. Shots are 26-7.

Exarz

Jan 1, 2014
Helsinki
Congratulations to Björklöven for playing in Hockeyallsvenskan 2014/15

Troja/Ljungby is relegated to division 1

Arlus

Apr 3, 2014
Europe
Yes, Happy moments for Björklöven. I was hopping that maybe Pitea could produce a surprise and to be next season in Allsvenskan.

But maybe next year. I'm saying this, because I would like to see more teams from north.

I don't know what's the situation at Kiruna, but would be nice to have them in Allsvenskan:)

Exarz

Jan 1, 2014
Helsinki
Yes, Happy moments for Björklöven. I was hopping that maybe Pitea could produce a surprise and to be next season in Allsvenskan.

But maybe next year. I'm saying this, because I would like to see more teams from north.

I don't know what's the situation at Kiruna, but would be nice to have them in Allsvenskan:)

Kiruna was in the pre-qualification for Kvalserien this season. They lost in the 2nd "playoff round" against Tingsryd. The 3rd "playoff round" is the last one. From that, the 4 winner goes to Kvalserien. (So Kiruna was one of the 8 best division 1 teams this season).

I'd say Piteå and Sundsvall from Northern Sweden got a good chance to get promoted next season, since the top 4 teams in Kvalserien gets promoted (SHL is expanding to 14 teams). Kiruna could be a wild card.

Well, of course it would be fun if the hockey map in Allsvenskan was a bit more geographically spread out, but the reason no one wants that is because they barely get any fans at their games and no one wants to see them play either, so yeah.. I think you get my point ;)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad