Prediction: Will Danault ever hit 60 points in a season?

Prediction: Will Danault ever hit 60 points in a season?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
I have serious doubts Kotkaniemi will every outproduce Danault, and that really makes me mad.

Considering that at 18, JKO posted #'s (34pts, .43 ppg) that Danault didn't achieve until 24 (40 pts, .48ppg, @2min/game more of ice time... & IIRC much of that with Radulov/Patches as wingers), I think it's safe to say that your fears are ungrounded.

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
Considering that at 18, JKO posted #'s (34pts, .43 ppg) that Danault didn't achieve until 24 (40 pts, .48ppg, @2min/game more of ice time... & IIRC much of that with Radulov/Patches as wingers), I think it's safe to say that your fears are ungrounded.

Again , I don't have much faith in this team developing players, JK isn't going to fare much better. Also, when will he ever realize his stick is too long? Does he gets his sticks from Chara?

scrubadam

Apr 10, 2016
He was like 7th in face offs or something and took I think the 9th most in the league. Numbers may be mixed around, but they talked about it on the game last night.

Also 7th in selke voting.

I don't know why people don't see the value of Danault.

Reactions: dralaf

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Of course he’s better than a retired player.

As for their prime years, the numbers speak for themselves. Plekanec > Danault

The good news is our new #14 is looking like another true two-way player - excellent defensively and offensively. With Danault and Suzuki both as C's pretty soon, we'll have two very strong two way lines.

Reactions: Ozmodiar

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006
The good news is our new #14 is looking like another true two-way player - excellent defensively and offensively. With Danault and Suzuki both as C's pretty soon, we'll have two very strong two way lines.
best way to be somewhat competitive and never win anything, have a load of two way players and no game breakers! :thumbu:

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
best way to be somewhat competitive and never win anything, have a load of two way players and no game breakers! :thumbu:

Who said a two way player can't be a game breaker?

Tell that to both of last year's cup finals teams.

Last edited:

Rosso Scuderia

Jun 30, 2012
If Plekanec managed to put 70 points one season why not ?

Let's wait until Danault hit 60 pts before comparing him with Plekanec who had several straight 20+ goals seasons.

I like Danault but if you think he can hit 70 pts, you're really overrating him. Bergeron hit it once and the last 12 years. Toews Did it once in last 8 years.

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006
Who said a tw9 way player can't be a game breaker?

Tell that to both of last year's cup finals teams.
RoR got 77 points last season, Bergeron 79 -> in 65 games...

wich one of Suzuki or Danault will reach 75+ you think ? while being GREAT (no less) defensively obviously...

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
RoR got 77 points last season, Bergeron 79 -> in 65 games...

wich one of Suzuki or Danault will reach 75+ you think ? while being GREAT (no less) defensively obviously...

Yes there is absolutely no chance Suzuki can get to 75 points in the higher scoring NHL. None whatsoever. Same with Kotkaniemi and Poehling.

It's doom and gloom. We're never going to be good. This franchise sucks. Wah Wah Wah.

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal
No, he's not better than Plekanec. He might hit 50 if over-used as a 2nd line center.

He is the symbol of our young centers not being ready yet, or else he would be our 3rd line center
nope. he's incredibly underrated here. he's won me over. 67% in the dot vs 40% for everyone else. High IQ, great skater, great puck possession, great salary. i've grown to love this player - too bad many of you haven't

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006
Yes there is absolutely no chance Suzuki can get to 75 points in the higher scoring NHL. None whatsoever. Same with Kotkaniemi and Poehling.

It's doom and gloom. We're never going to be good. This franchise sucks. Wah Wah Wah.
why is discussion going from Danault/Suzuki centering two two-way lines (strong ones) to Suzie/KK/Poe being good two way top 9 players or something ??

maybe it's because you realized to YOU comparing Danault/Suzie to RoR/Bergeron made no sense ??

You were wrong, deal with it, stop crying like a little girl.

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006
nope. he's incredibly underrated here. he's won me over. 67% in the dot vs 40% for everyone else. High IQ, great skater, great puck possession, great salary. i've grown to love this player - too bad many of you haven't
same what said of Plekanec, reliable, can play with anyone, strong two way game, yada yada yada... just like CJ you love those type of players cause they're somewhat productive given the linemates and usage they had, but in the end, neither will be the #1C of a cup contending team...

and make no mistake, it does not make them bad players, hell! even with wingers like Moen, Darche, Staubitz and a shitload of other wingers no better, Plekanec was getting 50+ pts a season, say what you want but that's no small feat...

yet that was not good enough for a SCF appearance, not even one.

(and look at the contracts given nowadays, be prepared to pay Danaut over 6M in two seasons, if not over 7...)

Reactions: abo9

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
why is discussion going from Danault/Suzuki centering two two-way lines (strong ones) to Suzie/KK/Poe being good two way top 9 players or something ??

maybe it's because you realized to YOU comparing Danault/Suzie to RoR/Bergeron made no sense ??

You were wrong, deal with it, stop crying like a little girl.

I originally said the following:
"The good news is our new #14 is looking like another true two-way player - excellent defensively and offensively. With Danault and Suzuki both as C's pretty soon, we'll have two very strong two way lines."

Then you said:
"best way to be somewhat competitive and never win anything, have a load of two way players and no game breakers! :thumbu:"

That's just a stupid comment. There are plenty of teams that have good two way players that are successful, including the two that were in the cup finals last year. Having good two way players doesn't mean you won't have game breakers, or that those two-way players themselves won't be game breakers.

Having Suzuki and Danault is a blessing. We have a lot of good prospects. Some will hopefully become game breakers. If you don't understand that, you don't understand. You're the only one whining - not so much like a little girl - more like an old cynic.

ZUKI

I hate the haters...
Oct 23, 2003
montreal
Let's wait until Danault hit 60 pts before comparing him with Plekanec who had several straight 20+ goals seasons.

I like Danault but if you think he can hit 70 pts, you're really overrating him. Bergeron hit it once and the last 12 years. Toews Did it once in last 8 years.
hum ... question was if he can hit 60 points , not 70 . imy answer ; If Plekanec put 70 points why Danault not 60 . And let's wait as you said , that Danault gets PP time before classify him under 60 points player

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal
same what said of Plekanec, reliable, can play with anyone, strong two way game, yada yada yada... just like CJ you love those type of players cause they're somewhat productive given the linemates and usage they had, but in the end, neither will be the #1C of a cup contending team...

and make no mistake, it does not make them bad players, hell! even with wingers like Moen, Darche, Staubitz and a ****load of other wingers no better, Plekanec was getting 50+ pts a season, say what you want but that's no small feat...

(and look at the contracts given nowadays, be prepared to pay Danaut over 6M in two seasons, if not over 7...)
i never said he was a no.1 C. where did you mind-read that? he's a solid, 2-way C, who can reg. put up 50 pts and is solid in the dot. he's still young, affordable and smart - and indispensable until KK/suzuki/ poehling prove otherwise...Habs won't win a cup with him as no.1 but he's an important piece of the team

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006
I originally said the following:
"The good news is our new #14 is looking like another true two-way player - excellent defensively and offensively. With Danault and Suzuki both as C's pretty soon, we'll have two very strong two way lines."

Then you said:
"best way to be somewhat competitive and never win anything, have a load of two way players and no game breakers! :thumbu:"

That's just a stupid comment. There are plenty of teams that have good two way players that are successful, including the two that were in the cup finals last year. Having good two way players doesn't mean you won't have game breakers, or that those two-way players themselves won't be game breakers.

Having Suzuki and Danault is a blessing. We have a lot of good prospects. Some will hopefully become game breakers. If you don't understand that, you don't understand. You're the only one whining - not so much like a little girl - more like an old cynic.
you know what is stupid ?? talking about being succesful (whatever that means) when my post is pretty clear, I'm talking about WINNING... you know, like winning the cup... not having SOME success or something, but WINNING...

you want even more stupid ?? comparing Suzie and Danault to HoFer...

speaking of whining, here's a great example of it and it's from YOU: Yes there is absolutely no chance Suzuki can get to 75 points in the higher scoring NHL. None whatsoever. Same with Kotkaniemi and Poehling.

now I expect you to move goalposts again, so don't bother replying. Discussion is over.

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006
i never said he was a no.1 C. where did you mind-read that? he's a solid, 2-way C, who can reg. put up 50 pts and is solid in the dot. he's still young, affordable and smart - and indispensable until KK/suzuki/ poehling prove otherwise...Habs won't win a cup with him as no.1 but he's an important piece of the team
plays 1st PK unit, plays a lot 5vs5, plays with best wingers, plays PP as well... wether you're saying it or not is irrelevant, HE IS Habs #1C.

given CJ is the coach, he will remain #1C as long as he's a Hab.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
you know what is stupid ?? talking about being succesful (whatever that means) when my post is pretty clear, I'm talking about WINNING... you know, like winning the cup... not having SOME success or something, but WINNING...

you want even more stupid ?? comparing Suzie and Danault to HoFer...

speaking of whining, here's a great example of it and it's from YOU: Yes there is absolutely no chance Suzuki can get to 75 points in the higher scoring NHL. None whatsoever. Same with Kotkaniemi and Poehling.

now I expect you to move goalposts again, so don't bother replying. Discussion is over.

I posted that it's a good thing that we have 2 centers like Danault and Suzuki.

You posted:

How can you possibly justify this post??? Just answer the question instead of moving goal posts. That was your original post. How can you justify it?
First of all having two centers like Danault and Suzuki is a good thing.
Secondly, we also have KK, Poehling, and Caufield in the system. Why are you whining about not having any game-breakers??
And what does having two good two-way centers have to do with having no game breakers??

Frank Drebin

He's just a child
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2004
Edmonton

and make no mistake, it does not make them bad players, hell! even with wingers like Moen, Darche, Staubitz and a ****load of other wingers no better, Plekanec was getting 50+ pts a season, say what you want but that's no small feat...

Pleks made 5m per in the early days of the cap, iirc. 8.8% in 2010, about 7m in today's dollars.

I don't want danault to be our best center, but I think we'd be ok if he was our second or third best.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad