Prediction: Will Danault ever hit 60 points in a season?

Prediction: Will Danault ever hit 60 points in a season?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

CoupeStanley

Dec 1, 2003
Nicolet
coupestanley.com
Yes, this year he will but I am not sure he gonna repeat after that since our young centers will establish themselves in offensive role.

A great two-way center that is still not a finished product. He might have another gear, who knows.

Kairi Zaide

Unforgiven
Aug 11, 2009
Quebec City
Sorry Gally is not elite. He's a very good player and he happens to score a good amount of goals but his best season is 54 points and most of em are garbage goals. You need guys like that but I wouldn't call him elite.

Maybe if Danault played with a guy like Ovi, Draisaitl, Tarasenko etc... Not that I'd play him there though.
If you consider Tarasenko an elite goal scorer, then Gallagher is absolutely one too. How he scores doesn't matter. He scores them on volume. 6th best 5v5 scorer over the past 2 seasons (again, playing much less time than anyone below or above him) and 21st all situation (4 less goals than Tank in like 300 less minutes) - which again is mostly due to the poor pp system ran by muller

DangerDave

Mete's Shot
Feb 8, 2015
T.O
If you consider Tarasenko an elite goal scorer, then Gallagher is absolutely one too. How he scores doesn't matter. He scores them on volume. 6th best 5v5 scorer over the past 2 seasons (again, playing much less time than anyone below or above him) and 21st all situation (4 less goals than Tank in like 300 less minutes) - which again is mostly due to the poor pp system ran by muller
I guess we'll have to disagree on this one.

Either way though, I don't think Danault gets 60. He's a good player but he's never been the offensive catalyst on his line. He forechecks and does a good job down low in the cycle but he doesn't have the vision or shot. Just look at what Radulov did in MTL and what he's doing in Dallas.

Beer and Chips

Feb 5, 2018
No and to be honest he doesn't need to. For him to get 60 pts, he needs to be on the PP and I'm not sure what he can bring on the PP.

He's an even strength player and that's valuable to us. Danault hitting 40-50 pts is more than enough.
:clap: Thank you. Each post gets more pessimistic and negative. For me Danault has exceeded expectations in a quiet and consistent manner.

Rosso Scuderia

Jun 30, 2012
:clap: Thank you. Each post gets more pessimistic and negative. For me Danault has exceeded expectations in a quiet and consistent manner.

How is that negative? I'm actually praising him. Danault is a smart and hard working player, that's why he produces so well at even strength. He's not a particularly good shooter or puck mover to be on the PP. I rather see his minutes at ES and on the PK.

Last edited:

Teufelsdreck

Sep 17, 2005

Danault is not a scoring threat but he's a useful adjunct. He's not a dud like Hudon. What i'm concerned about is the health of Ryan Poehling, who is probably the Habs' best center. he's good defensively and a good playmaker. I can imagine him feeding Cole Caufield. Also, if Marchand tried bullyying Caufeld, Poehling cout break Marchand's nose.

Reactions: The Gr8 Dane

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto
Voted option 2, but option 3 isn't a stretch. Not that big a difference between 50 and 60

I voted 3, though I think 2 is more likely. Honestly, he works hard, isn’t devoid of skill and has good-great line mates. Now, despite voting 3, a lot of things have to go right but I don’t think 60pts is impossible but I think it is unlikely.

Anyhow, here’s my hot take. Danault will have more points this year than Drouin despite less PP time.

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
It's possible he does it one or two years with a lot of TOI, 80+ games and above average top 6 wingers. But i don't see him as a constant 60 points producer like Patch. Someone you can rely on to do his points no matter what.

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada

If you think bringing Malkin name to a discussion about Danault bring any perspective to it then you are greatly mistaken as far as i'm concerned.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
If you think bringing Malkin name to a discussion about Danault bring any perspective to it then there should not be any discussion at all cause it's root lies in la la land.

As Danault says: he's not flashy. But the numbers from last year don't lie. He puts up points despite little pp time and is great defensively.

I can't think of a comparable player. Bergeron with less offense comes to mind. Yet how many points would Danault have playing with Marchand and Pasternak?

Censored Toad

Most Records Shattered as GM of the Habs!
Aug 8, 2016
He can hit 50 again and I think will do it.

mostly because he plays top 6 minutes on our awful team but would likely be a great 3rd line C on a legitimate team... much like everyone's favorite dane ELLER!!!!! Probably could also do short stints on the second line on a good team as well!

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
I think he'll hover about 40-45, hard to do 50+ without much PP production and scoring. Still a very solid player.

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
I have serious doubts Kotkaniemi will every outproduce Danault, and that really makes me mad.

THE HOFF

Sep 26, 2007
If you think bringing Malkin name to a discussion about Danault bring any perspective to it then you are greatly mistaken as far as i'm concerned.

I pointed out the players he outproduced 5 on 5 last year to show he put up respectable numbers 5 on 5. For a guy that doesn't play on the PP he's doing quite decent.

cphabs

The 2 stooges….
Dec 21, 2012
No, he's not better than Plekanec. He might hit 50 if over-used as a 2nd line center.

He is the symbol of our young centers not being ready yet, or else he would be our 3rd line center
LMAO seriously?

abo9

Jun 25, 2017
LMAO seriously?

Idk what's so surprising in what I said? He might hit 50 again, with 60 being close to a career year. Plekanec at the same age had a 69 and a 70 points season under his belt and went on to be a 50-60 pts center until his immense drop-off at age 33.

And if either of Kotkaniemi and/or Poehling never surpass or plateau at Danault's level, this team will not improve?
Time will tell, and he's in the middle of what is expected to be his prime, so I do think that Danault will probably hit 50 one or two other seasons, but otherwise that he'll be in the 40-50 pts zone.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad