Speculation: Predicting where the top 50 free agents land

Malaka

you know, **** it, let’s just not think so much
Mar 3, 2020
www.youtube.com
Believe Buff will sign in Chicago if he comes back. Maybe Florida for some Q and fishing. I wonder how COVID shakes up the player interests in going to particular cities...

Any interest in Willy Nylander for Dylan Strome?

Same age, more variable in terms of skill/value adds but I still think Strome is a legit top 6 C, capable of putting up 65-70 points a season. Will probably sign for 5.5m a year

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
While that's true for a lot of players when considering term, #1 picks who have proven productive in the NHL don't really have that concern. Thornton is still making 2 million this year and he's a hundred years old.

It's telling that Haula is the best C available and the only one in the top 25 free agents. He doesn't even play center full time and has eclipsed 40pts once in his career (55). Any teams not entirely happy with their center depth(which is probably most of the league) going into 20-21 are really going to have to pay a premium for it.

He the only guy I want Edmonton to be in on . Well Pietro as well but with no cap space that’s not happening

Last edited:

Frankie Blueberries

Allergic to draft picks
Jan 27, 2016
I could see Tanev ending up in Toronto if the Canucks can't afford to re-sign him.
He's from Toronto, he looked fantastic paired with Rielly in that WC a few years back (they weren't on the ice for a single goal against), and Laurence Gilman is familiar with him and negotiated his most recent contract. Seems fairly likely, depending on Toronto's cap situation and Tanev's demands.

Reactions: Erndog

Unbiased Fan

May 24, 2019
Believe Buff will sign in Chicago if he comes back. Maybe Florida for some Q and fishing. I wonder how COVID shakes up the player interests in going to particular cities...

Any interest in Willy Nylander for Dylan Strome?

Same age, more variable in terms of skill/value adds but I still think Strome is a legit top 6 C, capable of putting up 65-70 points a season. Will probably sign for 5.5m a year
Awful. Nylander is far better and Strome would be a defensively incompetent 3C on Toronto.

Reactions: Flyer lurker

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Jets don't have the cap space for Pietrangelo, without trading away a significant contract.......which is counter productive. Can't see Winnipeg being interested in him.
If Little has a long term injury and has to go on LTIR, the Jets will have plenty of cap space.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
The point was/is......a big "if".
Agree. Should be known by the offseason, whenever that is.

In any case, even if the Jets have the cap space I highly doubt that AP would end up in Winnipeg. My guess is that he'll be back with the Blues, somehow.

Jets are more likely to re-sign DeMelo, and maybe a veteran LD like Dillon.

If Little can't return and they have a poor playoff, I could see them trying something aggressive to acquire a good C.

Reactions: jetsforever

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
Agree. Should be known by the offseason, whenever that is.

In any case, even if the Jets have the cap space I highly doubt that AP would end up in Winnipeg. My guess is that he'll be back with the Blues, somehow.

Jets are more likely to re-sign DeMelo, and maybe a veteran LD like Dillon.

If Little can't return and they have a poor playoff, I could see them trying something aggressive to acquire a good C.

Completely agree.

poolparty98

Aug 6, 2017
He is from Toronto and has family there. There was interest on the leafs end last year and they would welcome AP home in a heartbeat

leafs have too many bad contracts on the books to bring AP in, middle of a the pack team, capped out, and had the longest streak of any team in league to win a playoff series, cant see that happening. Pick your GMs wisely, that all that can be ssid.

Erndog

Jul 17, 2007
leafs have too many bad contracts on the books to bring AP in, middle of a the pack team, capped out, and had the longest streak of any team in league to win a playoff series, cant see that happening. Pick your GMs wisely, that all that can be ssid.

A bad contract essentially implies immovable.

Not a single one of the Leafs contracts is immovable.

Reactions: Unbiased Fan

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad