Sens Shot Predicting the Opening Day Lineup

Status
Not open for further replies.

Erik Alfredsson

Beast Mode Cowboy!
Jan 14, 2012
I'm sure he will get a chance with a team that knows how to deploy players

I'm just curious, have any Senators prospects within the past 10 years actually went on to do better things after not being able to crack the roster in Ottawa?

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
Logan Brown will be a solid 4th line centre for you guys for years ... issue is you have anisimov and both are same types ... last year of anisimov contract and brown takes his spot next year ... no biggie .. don't sweat it

Reactions: swiftwin

SENSational

Mar 26, 2004
Ottawa
Typical Sens management...having some random scrubs in the taxi squad over Brown or Brannstrom? Either way, Dorion is a horrible GM for wasting so much time and resources on these players if they're not even capable of making the NHL over some goons.

Reactions: Xspyrit

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
I'm just curious, have any Senators prospects within the past 10 years actually went on to do better things after not being able to crack the roster in Ottawa?
Context matters. We have a ton of prospects right now after basically Only drafting and trading our best players for for the past half decade.

cudi

Mojo So Dope
Feb 2, 2020
I guess Dreidger and Sorenson are the best examples then. Dunno if people would consider Lehner. We obviously played him but decided to go with another goalie over him.

Thats all i can really think of myself as well. Been lots of cups of coffee ala Shane Prince, Buddy Robinson etc.

swiftwin

★SUMMER.OF.PIERRE★
Jul 26, 2005
Team Waiver beats Team Opening night lineup last night 6-3

I would hope so.
Logan Brown will be a solid 4th line centre for you guys for years ... issue is you have anisimov and both are same types ... last year of anisimov contract and brown takes his spot next year ... no biggie .. don't sweat it

Could happen as early as this season too.

All it takes is someone to falter, or get injured, and boom, Brown is on the roster.

Reactions: JT AM da real deal

swiftwin

★SUMMER.OF.PIERRE★
Jul 26, 2005
2 nights ago.

Team AHL + Nylander and Tavares beat Leafs main squad(including Reilly, Matthews, Marner, Spezza and co) 7-3.

Exactly. One team is far far far more motivated than the other. It's good to see that there's some fight and some competition within the roster. The main guys should know that these guys are nipping at their heels.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
I guess Dreidger and Sorenson are the best examples then.

I was absolutely confused why we never signed Sorensen. Everyone knew he was a project and all and we kept Culek over him. I saw him play in Sweden and his skill was realll evident; I was just confused as hell. Also, man, are goalies ever hard to freaking predict. I remember watching him play in pre-season to start off 2016 season I believe and his fundamental game was just spectacular. He was steady and I think he stole a couple pre-season games. I though this guy for SURE diamond in the rough. Then he came back and ****ed the bed, though our bingo team was terrible, and he goes else where and 3-4 years later and this guy carved out a hell of a short stint in the NHL.

Freaking goalies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad