Speculation: Predicting the Opening Day Lineup - PART 2

BatherSeason

Jun 16, 2009
Gatineau
Well, i opened this thread which takes me to where i left off.

This post aged well. Stats night. I think thus morning they are counting bruises, not points
I see the "told you so" crowd is out in full force this morning. They won the game dude, be happy. I'm pumped, haven't watched hockey in over 300 days. That was a great game. Let's revel in that instead of arguing today. We are both fans remember.

It's one game in a long season. I am sure there will be plenty of times we can bait you too on one of your comments too

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
That was a pretty nice assist he offered up last night on Austin's goal
Great. And for the rest of the game he was swimming.

Was a nice pinch and assist thiugh. But chances are every single players gets points?

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
I thought the team D did a good job of keeping the leafs to the outside. Coburn is what he is , but he played well enough imo. When the Leafs were applying heavy pressure , the boys defending got tired .. No one looked good in those intermittent instances. We can't expect these guys to be Pietrangelo ... we have a few bottom pair NHL d and they do what they do .. but overall this was an improvement over last year... One game , but a successful one.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
I thought the team D did a good job of keeping the leafs to the outside. Coburn is what he is , but he played well enough imo. When the Leafs were applying heavy pressure , the boys defending got tired .. No one looked good in those intermittent instances. We can't expect these guys to be Pietrangelo ... we have a few bottom pair NHL d and they do what they do .. but overall this was an improvement over last year... One game , but a successful one.
For me foot speed from the defence is a massive issue. They’re second to any puck 99% of the time. And after that they just chase and chase and chase with no hope of ever catching opposing players.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
For me foot speed from the defence is a massive issue. They’re second to any puck 99% of the time. And after that they just chase and chase and chase with no hope of ever catching opposing players.
These guys are mostly place holders imo.. Hard to get good cheap mobile D that can defend and move the puck

Reactions: NyQuil

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
I see the "told you so" crowd is out in full force this morning. They won the game dude, be happy. I'm pumped, haven't watched hockey in over 300 days. That was a great game. Let's revel in that instead of arguing today. We are both fans remember.

It's one game in a long season. I am sure there will be plenty of times we can bait you too on one of your comments too

No, not really an "i told you sso" comment

I just opened the thread and it takes you to where you last entered it. More of an irony

You keep an eye out for baiting me though.

JD1

Sep 12, 2005

That also happened in the 2nd, when it's much easier to cycle fresh legs on to the icefor the offensive team. Even with the fresh legs, they never really got inside

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad