Predict the next Stanley Cup champion (I vote Montreal)

Status
Not open for further replies.

RJJ

Jul 24, 2014
Ottawa
As a long time Habs fan, this off season has made us better but not elite team better.
Avs and Lightning are my favorites to win it all. Honorable mention Las Vegas...

Reactions: Toene and Sentinel

Doc McKenna

A new era 2021
Jan 5, 2009
As a hab fan, no way is it the habs. I will bet all my SB cash we don't win the cup this season!

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
I'm a habs fan, and I believe with the moves they made this off-season Montreal is the #1 contender going into next season. Bergevin is proving himself as one of the best GMs in the league.

What's your prediction?

tenor.gif

LeafGrief

Shambles in my brain
Apr 10, 2015
Ottawa
Ya know, kudos to the OP for beating the drum for his team. It's nice to see people believing in their teams and thinking they've got a shot. This sport and being a fan is so much more fun when it's built around hope and optimism rather than the typical ugly cynicism that normally rules fan circles.

That said... LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL.

Lightning and Avs are the teams I'd consider favourites right now. Boston, Vegas, STL, as contenders, Washington and my Leafs as dark horses.

RJJ

Jul 24, 2014
Ottawa
Ya know, kudos to the OP for beating the drum for his team. It's nice to see people believing in their teams and thinking they've got a shot. This sport and being a fan is so much more fun when it's built around hope and optimism rather than the typical ugly cynicism that normally rules fan circles.

That said... LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL.

Lightning and Avs are the teams I'd consider favourites right now. Boston, Vegas, STL, as contenders, Washington and my Leafs as dark horses.
Easy, the OP may be a little delirious but picking the Leafs to win anything is down right ridiculous. You have 3.5 elite players, all softer than a bag of milk and nothing else. Good luck. Ease off the OP if you are going to make an equally ludicrous claim.

Reactions: WetcoastOrca

Muffin

Avalanche Flavoured
Aug 14, 2009
Edmonton
Easy, the OP may be a little delirious but picking the Leafs to win anything is down right ridiculous. You have 3.5 elite players, all softer than a bag of milk and nothing else. Good luck. Ease off the OP if you are going to make an equally ludicrous claim.
How long before Leafs fans turn on Brodie? Anyone that watches Calgary can tell you he's a train wreck away from Giordano.

Techcoockie

Feb 3, 2020
Mtl
is...is this a troll thread?...

Montreal is a contender sure, for the wild card.

Cup contenders: Tampa (fav), Vegas, Boston, Colorado
Dark Horses: Vancouver, Pittsburgh
Boston contender LOL

Pasternak OUT for surgery until march/April
Marchand OUT for surgery until March/April
Rask doesnt want to play in Boston anymore
Krug is out
Chara is out
Kreijci is older by the hour
Bergeron is older by the hour.
D core is completely depleted and constructed with 25 years old or younger.

Please explain to me how you are contender next year, I see Boston out of the PO

Reactions: jfhabs

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014
IMO, the safe bets in West and East are Tampa and Colorado.

Two West and East dark horses for me are:

VGK and Dallas
CBJ and Philly

Aurinko

Apr 1, 2015
Finland
Tampa with the cap mess and championship hangover isn't top of my list.

With current rosters you might just give the cup to AV's and cancel the 20/21 season. They were already crazy good with a 3rd goalie and half dead roster this year.

Crow

May 19, 2014
Vegas or Colorado in the west. I’ll pick Vegas. Better in goal.

Still Tampa in the east.

I’ll say Vegas.

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
My pick is Colorado, but there's a few teams with a good shot.

Colorado, Vegas, St Louis, and Dallas out west. Tampa, Philly, Carolina in the East, and I wouldn't be shocked if the Caps are back in the mix the first year or two under Lavi before the players tune him out. And Boston's still Boston, if they survive the early season injury situation they'll be tough to beat yet again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad