Predict the next Stanley Cup champion (I vote Montreal)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GoBuds14

Dec 15, 2015
I'm a habs fan, and I believe with the moves they made this off-season Montreal is the #1 contender going into next season. Bergevin is proving himself as one of the best GMs in the league.

What's your prediction?
They were 12th in the East, 99.9% chance at missing the playoffs through 71 games. They added Toffoli and Anderson (at best run of the mill 2/3 line players) and you think they’ll vault up into winning the cup?

I’ll go Colorado vs Tampa, with Colorado winning

Gains

Apr 29, 2012
Montreal
Tampa reminds me so much of the 2010 Hawks in terms of roster construction. As long as they retain their core, they'll contend for 5+ years. Identifying the right core pieces is the hard part.

As a Habs fan, this is way too soon. We need Suzuki and Kotkaniemi to be 70+ pts centers to truly contend.

Suzuki might be close to that next year, but Kotkaniemi will need more time.

BigBadBruins7708

Dec 11, 2017
Las Vegas
I'm a habs fan, and I believe with the moves they made this off-season Montreal is the #1 contender going into next season. Bergevin is proving himself as one of the best GMs in the league.

What's your prediction?

[mod]

Montreal is a contender sure, for the wild card.

Cup contenders: Tampa (fav), Vegas, Boston, Colorado
Dark Horses: Vancouver, Pittsburgh

Last edited by a moderator:

Unspecified

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Apr 29, 2015
really-bruh-meme.jpg

FreeMcdavid

Dec 30, 2019

What's your prediction?

Mtl?

aging core, no superstar, a bunch of decent players.

I wouldnt even put them in top 5 contenders.

I havent been fan of Bergevin's off season.

Does he think this is still 2012 by building a slow, size team instead of speed and skill.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad