Predict the next Stanley Cup champion (I vote Montreal)

Status
Not open for further replies.

HotDish

Win it for Hynes
Aug 17, 2020
The State of Hockey
I think Vegas is the favorite, because with them not having to worry about the ED they can make moves for players without having to worry about protecting them. Plus gives them leverage with teams that know they are going to lose someone so they make a trade with Vegas for picks instead.

Vancouver is my dark horse: If their young guns continue to improve they will be a tough team to face in the playoffs.

Unspecified

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Apr 29, 2015
When Dallas goes to a Stanley cup final they do it in back to back years. Dallas Vs Columbus in the Finals next season.

Advanced stats

May 26, 2010
I'm a habs fan, and I believe with the moves they made this off-season Montreal is the #1 contender going into next season. Bergevin is proving himself as one of the best GMs in the league.

What's your prediction?
Lucky to make the the playoffs imo.
They dont have a top 30 center on their team, lacking first line wingers, Weber is always hurt, and and Price is inconsistent

bov

Nov 13, 2010
12 picks in the first 5 rounds of next year's draft, plus a couple after that. Bergevin has been stockpiling picks and will have some assets to play around with to improve the team even further. Habs will make some noise within the next couple years, would label them a bit of a dark horse going into the season.

I'll go with one of Colorado/Edmonton vs Tampa/Columbus/Toronto in the final

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
In the east, the only clear contender is Tampa. Buffalo, Montreal and Toronto improved, but they don't compare to the powerhouses, most of which are in the west. On paper, Vegas and Colorado look like the class of the league.

Of course, the fun comes from the inevitable dark horse team that nobody predicted.

Reactions: Doc McKenna

KirkAlbuquerque

#WeNeverGetAGoodCoach
Mar 12, 2014
New York
I think it will be Colorado. I can see Tampa having an extra nasty cup hangover otherwise I would pick them. But Colorado probably would have been in the finals this year if they didn't lose their top 2 goalies. Would they have beaten Tampa? Doubtful but there's no reason to think they won't make it at least to the final next year.

Reactions: TheBloodyNine

The Moose is Loose

Jun 28, 2017
St.Louis
Mtl?

aging core, no superstar, a bunch of decent players.

I wouldnt even put them in top 5 contenders.

I havent been fan of Bergevin's off season.

Does he think this is still 2012 by building a slow, size team instead of speed and skill.
They're definitely not top 5. They're not even top 10. They fall in the mid teens range. They're not a serious threat for the cup at all.

Reactions: Doc McKenna
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad